Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When the inevitable General Election comes, this should be useful....
a087c1d5b403e29b3a484fef4006b815.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a work of art, might print it out and put it on the toilet wall...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What on earth is a soy boy?

Soy Boy (Urban Dictionary)

Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.

The origin of the term derives from the negative effects soy consumption has been proven to have on the male physique and libido.

The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as "Nazis".

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Soy Boy (Urban Dictionary)

Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.

The origin of the term derives from the negative effects soy consumption has been proven to have on the male physique and libido.

The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as "Nazis".

Ohh, so Ppf is just being his usual friendly self then. Every day is a school day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Conservative & Unionist Negotiating Team?

The negotiations are over. The EU have made that clear. I still find it incredible that Tory politicians believe otherwise.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Westdene Seagull
The simple and direct answer is no. There, hardly difficult to answer a yes/no question, yet your mate [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] seems incapable of doing so. Maybe you could now assist him ?

So 'no'..... you feel you are not racist... That's accepted then.

Okay, but you seem to think that Remain posters (in this case Plooks and me) are 'mates'.... which is a bit simplistic, Westene Seagull.

Do you generally group people together in this way? Interesting......
For instance are you mates with 2p or Ppf?
Do you share their perspectives?
Do you feel you can assist them in what they write?

Thanks for not using potty language about me or to me in this message.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
On Question time last night the Brexit representative was Alexandra Phillip (MEP) who is often wheeled out for these sorts of things. She was the UKIP media adviser and then flipped to the Tories and ended up (for now at least) with Brexit Party. At one point, in the face of 'typical project fear' propaganda about the consequences of a no deal Brexit, she responded with he 'fact' that only 4% of British businesses trade directly with the EU. It sounded quite reassuring.

However even allowing for this to be the case this sort of thing should not go unchallenged.

a) this figure could still represent 200-300k businesses (and maybe more)

b) many of these businesses are rather large

But even if only 1 employee per business lost his/her job (which is a very conservative estimate) it still adds hundreds of thousands to the dole queues and then there's the supply chains and the local business knock-on effects.

So 'only' 4% is actually hugely significant (as Harold Wilson once said 'to the unemployed man, the unemployment rate is 100%).

I think her announcement was met with a mumble of approval by some of the good folk of Epsom. Yet how can this be anything other than bad news?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Brexit: British businesses warn Tory leadership hopefuls against ‘severe’ disruption from no deal.

Conservatives will forfeit their right to be regarded as the party of business if the new prime minister fails to secure a Brexit deal, industry has warned.

In a strongly worded message to candidates to replace Theresa May as Tory leader, the CBI said that a no-deal Brexit will cause severe disruption and long-term damage to UK competitiveness, which the vast majority of businesses cannot protect themselves against.

Carolyn Fairbairn, the CBI’s director general, said the failure to resolve Brexit was already hitting Britain hard, diverting billions of pounds of investment out of the economy.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/brexit-british-businesses-warn-tory-leadership-hopefuls-against-severe-disruption-from-no-deal/ar-AAC9NxB?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

I really can't decide who knows most about British Industry, the Director General of the CBI, or Boris :shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone seen the latest YouGov polling? They're quite an eye-opener

YouGov - 30th May
LDem : 24%
BRX : 22%
Con : 19%
Lab : 19%
Grn : 8%

Flavible FPTP Projection
Lab : 184 (-78)
LDem : 175 (+163)
BRX : 134 (+134)
Con : 83 (-235)
SNP : 49 (+14)
PC : 4 (=)
Grn : 2 (+1)
Ind : 1 (+1)

My feeling is that the Brexit Party vote would go down a bit with a GE. It's a one-issue party and once they start introducing other policies, they could lose their allure. For example, I'm not sure that the electorate is as keen to see the abolition of the NHS as Farage is.

But that poll represents horrible news for Labour and Tories. And I wonder where the Greens extra seat is

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

YouGov - 30th May

Flavible FPTP Projection

My feeling is that the Brexit Party vote would go down a bit with a GE. It's a one-issue party and once they start introducing other policies, they could lose their allure. For example, I'm not sure that the electorate is as keen to see the abolition of the NHS as Farage is.

But that poll represents horrible news for Labour and Tories. And I wonder where the Greens extra seat is

Of course it couldn't happen...………..could it? (Back to the Lab-Lib pact of the 1970s.)

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
And I wonder where the Greens extra seat is

Really interesting polls. The Greens have a handful of people who if given the platform are as good as Caroline Lucas at holding their own and coming across as the rational view amongst a load of self-interest and soundbite spewing career politicians. Don't know if any are close to getting elected though. There are rumours of potential Labour defections so that might be it. Maybe one will be a local Labour MP, who is clearly disaffected and in a pro-Green city...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

YouGov - 30th May

Flavible FPTP Projection

The thing with the Brexit party is their candidates are a real mix of odd balls, Brexit is about the only thing that would unify them. Wait till they try and make policy and the fighting will start just like UKIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here