Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Farmers' opposition is pretty meaningless though. Agriculture is not a big part of the UK economy and if no deal is popular with the electorate, farmers' concerns are going to be sidelined.

Besides, farmers are overwhelmingly Tory voters, there's no reason to give them special favours as they always vote Conservative. It's a bit like train commuters in the south-east, there's no reason to improve services as the government know that 90% of them will still vote Tory.

Governments are always more concerned about marginal seats and swing voters than their solid bloc of supporters (who are going to vote for them anyway).

I'm not so sure. The farmers and rural areas are turning to LibDem because they feel so disenfranchised by the Tories.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

How dare the judiciary decide that consistently lying to people to suit your agenda was improper way for a prospective PM to behave.
It's exactly how I'd expect any prospective PM to behave.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You make your case well and clearly. On the subject of theater lights, suppose we do eventually get brexit, why can't we source lights elsewhere or make our own? Not all countries are subject to the EU.

We could, but at the moment the withdrawal act takes on all existing EU law, depending on when we leave this one could be included, it would then need an act of parliament to be changed. It is also likely, even in a no deal situation, that the UK will mirror EU standards, we will in all probability aim for matching tariff rates too initially, to reduce the worries of smuggling at the Irish border.
What we would find hard is to create our own standards and make or have made to that, we would almost certainly adopt someone elses standard, it seems unlikely we would choose a standard that made UK theatre lamps a niche market, and if we did, the price would be high for low volume manufacture, touring acts would have to change their entire lighting rig, or just not visit the UK.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope all of you who voted for the Brexit party are hale and hearty or can afford health insurance.

[tweet]1133340938414284801[/tweet]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not so sure. The farmers and rural areas are turning to LibDem because they feel so disenfranchised by the Tories.

Are they though? Not sure that you can say that from local council and EU elections. LDs have always done better in local elections than national ones and the last EU elections were a bit anomalous. The LDs may capture a seat or two in the west country but can't see them doing much in other parts of the country. For example, can't see Herbert, Soames or Ghani being kicked out in Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I hope all of you who voted for the Brexit party are hale and hearty or can afford health insurance.

He's doing it for the little people, they deserve better service via a private insurance based system.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can't think of any reason why a man who accepts funding from a billionaire who owns insurance companies, would want to move to an insurance-based health service,

No, sirree Bob, no reason at all

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That is a concern, yes and one I would wholeheartedly disagree with.

You do realise that the article is from 2015? As they say, 'a week is a long time in politics'.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I can't think of any reason why a man who accepts funding from a billionaire who owns insurance companies, would want to move to an insurance-based health service,

No, sirree Bob, no reason at all

And this is the man people think will save them. It's very concerning.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is a concern, yes and one I would wholeheartedly disagree with.

You do realise that the article is from 2015? As they say, 'a week is a long time in politics'.

He's never retracted it and his best mate, Aaron Banks, is in the insurance business.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I answered you several times.

They will just claim I uave not answered them again. I am used to it now.

You haven't because the options for the answer were either Yes or No - neither of which you have commited to. But frankly I couldn't give a toss about your lack of answer at the moment so will just leave you in your anti-Brexit rage rather than press you for a proper answer - i.e. yes or no.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am open to other explanations which would make someone vote for a party lead by a racist.
One couldn't vote Labour as they are racist against the Jews and tory as they are Islamophobic then. I think the liberals dislike leavers an awful lot, but that perhaps isn't racism.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
" trying to make the best" , enough said................... LEAVE MEANS LEAVE AND TAKING BACK CONTROL
regards
DR

Since when did the war cry extend to:

‘leave means leave and taking back control’

I though it was just:

'leave means leave'

What’s it going to be tomorrow?

‘leave means leave and taking back control and free haribo for everyone’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here