Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No it isnt. You can spin bullshit all you want. You fell for it, so im guessing youre quite used to it.
Its what people are seeing with their own eyes. Intelligence doesnt come to it.
You seem to be still running away from questions. Are you being ATTACKED by PACKS of people in a RAGE? :lol:

I'll happily discuss the rights and wrongs of democracy with you, when you live in my country... until then.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Stock response, with not one iota of detail to back up these claims of 'bad' Laws, even when asked in a reasonable manner. Surely you'd take pleasure in giving us the information...just to stick a finger up to Remainers, if nothing else?

This is called the Brexit thread young man, not the Bad Laws thread.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We all want to know what laws you don't like and why.

Are you referring to the Stability and Growth Pact?
I have no problem with checking that countries do not overspend.

So what is it about the CAP and S&G you dislike?

I have now answered about the stability pact. Maybe you like what happened and its results, maybe I don't but where is this all going, we could keep posturing as the politicians posture and no good will come of it. The CAP and its problems in promoting harmful farming practice and in causing problems for far poorer farmers elsewhere, particularly Africa, are well documented, I suggest you have a read. I think you are entrenched, I am entrenched, but one thing I am certain about is that David Cameron made a huge mistake in calling a referendum.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I'll happily discuss the rights and wrongs of democracy with you, when you live in my country... until then.

What a pathetic answer, from somebody who expects people to listen to him regarding what the entire thread is about.
It is also my country. I served it, so having done that, I feel that I also deserve some answers, regarding the cluster**** that is occuring at this moment in time.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So the answer is that you cannot. A shining light for the Brexiteer argument.

I can interject whatever I want to but I don't have to tell you anything I don't want to. There is some kind of desperation to garner as much information as possible from remainers towards brexiteers. Personally I couldn't give a toss what side of the fence you, or anyone else are on. But there is definitely some kind of patronising, desperation, call it what you want, coming from those that lost. I'll go pick up your toys for you.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I have now answered about the stability pact. Maybe you like what happened and its results, maybe I don't but where is this all going, we could keep posturing as the politicians posture and no good will come of it. The CAP and its problems in promoting harmful farming practice and in causing problems for far poorer farmers elsewhere, particularly Africa, are well documented, I suggest you have a read. I think you are entrenched, I am entrenched, but one thing I am certain about is that David Cameron made a huge mistake in calling a referendum.

This is what I wanted to understand your view. Thank you.
I think everyone can agree that Cameron is a tw@t.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
This is called the Brexit thread young man, not the Bad Laws thread.

Not that young, but I'll take that. In fact, it's probably the most correct thing you've offered thus far...even if you're miles out.

So, did you watch that video clip a page or so ago? Did it make you feel a little uncomfortable? It should have. :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So the answer is that you cannot. A shining light for the Brexiteer argument.

Another know all, I voted 'don't care', did you see that box? I just watch the aggression of remainers, something generally not seen from brexit voters. Funnily enough, brexit won but remainers cannot stomach the vote. You are non democratic, simple and plain to see.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Another know all, I voted 'don't care', did you see that box? I just watch the aggression of remainers, something generally not seen from brexit voters. Funnily enough, brexit won but remainers cannot stomach the vote. You are non democratic, simple and plain to see.

I read a post on this very thread a few pages back, concerning a Brexiteer wanting a ''face to face" haha, but hey, from what ive seen of you so far, you only see what you want to see....or just make up ridiculous soundbites, with absolutely no substance..

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I can interject whatever I want to but I don't have to tell you anything I don't want to. There is some kind of desperation to garner as much information as possible from remainers towards brexiteers. Personally I couldn't give a toss what side of the fence you, or anyone else are on. But there is definitely some kind of patronising, desperation, call it what you want, coming from those that lost. I'll go pick up your toys for you.

So, back to the immature we won, you lost.
I won't put your toys back in the pram. You will only throw out again very soon.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I don't think that everything EU is bad. But I certainly don't think the EU does anything to enhance our sovereignty. I could list some 'bad' laws or policies but what's the point? The kind of EU that the enthusiasts want, is going to draw more and more power centrally. The EU, for good and for bad, does nothing but reduce self rule.

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, but two points.

It is axiomatic that the larger the democratic body, the more people each individual will have to share his rights with. And the more geographically distant the centre of power will be. In the USA, final decisions about national security are made 3000 miles away from many of the population whereas in Malta they're made just down the road. In itself, this is not necessarily a bad thing. If it was, all Englishmen would be campaigning for the reinstatement of Mercia and Wessex and San Marino would be the best country on earth. The important point is whether there is a sound system of democratic process operating at national and local level. The EU isn't perfect in this respect but I suggest it's much better than the UK. (As an aside, after decades of voting in every single election going, a few weeks ago, for the first time ever, I found my my vote actually contributing to someone being elected.)

Secondly, many Brexiteers' definition of sovereignty seems in some ways a little childlike. No country is independent in the battleship sense anymore and in real terms we will have less independence in future than we have now. As one small example, take the recent comments of two senior US female politicians, Nancy Pelosi and Linda Sanchez. Both have said that there is no chance of the UK signing a trade deal with the US unless we agree to accept American animal welfare and food standards. Theoretically we can tell them to stuff their deal, but in reality? In reality we'll have to accept those standards - we will have no input into getting those standards changed. (And if you say that EU animal welfare standards are also inadequate I would agree - but at least we are participants in a forum where we can argue and lobby for change.)

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

I'm ticking off the Brexit sound bites. It's like bingo, but more entertaining as you go through a melt down.

I'm also honoured that my post required 2 responses.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So, back to the immature we won, you lost.

Why we? Anyway, remain lost yes, get on with your life and live with it. Good God are we now a Stalinist country where people no longer have a right to winning? This really is a toys out of pram thread full of desperate people trying to overturn democracy. You should be ashamed of yourselves, really.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Why we? Anyway, remain lost yes, get on with your life and live with it. Good God are we now a Stalinist country where people no longer have a right to winning? This really is a toys out of pram thread full of desperate people trying to overturn democracy. You should be ashamed of yourselves, really.

I've got a line. It's now onto the full house.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

It's either blindness, or a terrific use of irony.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

I'm more ashamed of people making false claims, then failing miserably to back them up in any way, before they resort to....well, see above.
Hope those 'bad Laws' don't keep you awake tonight. :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm more ashamed of people making false claims, then failing miserably to back them up in any way, before they resort to....well, see above.
Hope those 'bad Laws' don't keep you awake tonight. :)

Blair leading us into a lie to have a war, yes we can go on and on and on about it. It's ever decreasing circles.

A democratic vote was taken, remain lost. What part of that do remainers not get? All I see is constant whining and droning from the losing part of the electorate. The referendum was done, the exits won. That can be summed up in one post, not 8794 pages. That, believe it or not, is how democracy works, no really it is.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Blair leading us into a lie to have a war, yes we can go on and on and on about it. It's ever decreasing circles.

A democratic vote was taken, remain lost. What part of that do remainers not get? All I see is constant whining and droning from the losing part of the electorate. The referendum was done, the exits won. That can be summed up in one post, not 8794 pages. That, believe it or not, is how democracy works, no really it is.

So that's it? Not fussed about these 'bad Laws' or anything else, be it good/bad for the country? Immigration? Nothing else? Just a simple In/Out vote is all you need?

I almost envy your simplicity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here