Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Mad that the prime minister resigning is only being discussed on the brexit thread. Brexit is dominating and poisoning our discourse like nothing before, and will continue to do so for the next decade

If we'd have left on 29th March as we were supposed to, this would be done and dusted by now.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The tears don't wash with me.
Useless, weak, hopeless, nasty, evil control freak.
Cameron, May and now probably Johnson.
More like Zippos circus than a government.
Good riddance you gurning old boiler.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mad that the prime minister resigning is only being discussed on the brexit thread. Brexit is dominating and poisoning our discourse like nothing before, and will continue to do so for the next decade

Exactly.

A change of PM doesn't make a new option for Brexit magically appear.

After the dust has settled and a new incumbent has moved their pots and pans into no 10. The first question will be

Do you want to leave the EU with a Customs Union

or

Do you want 'No deal' with a hard border in NI, 10s of Billions and years of investment and infrastructure to get ready for it, being the only country in the world solely on WTO terms and the resultant impact on the economy and political situation in NI.

And whichever you choose, there will be a significant proportion of Leave voters, who will vote it down.

It would be funny if it was a TV satire rather than a real country with real people dying on their arses :rolleyes:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's always wound me up in British politics that a Prime Minister resignation does not trigger a general election.

Yes, I know that you vote for the party, not the person, but I would wager many peoples vote in a GE would be different depending on the leader of a party.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly.

Because MPs of all sides wouldn't compromise, we will now end up with a right-wing, no-deal Brexiteer as PM.

But he still won't be able to get a no deal Brexit through parliament.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The tears don't wash with me.
Useless, weak, hopeless, nasty, evil control freak.
Cameron, May and now probably Johnson.
More like Zippos circus than a government.
Good riddance you gurning old boiler.

Doesn't really scan as a poem !

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well we would have if those pesky Brexit supporting MPs hadn't kept on voting against it :facepalm:

They voted against a new treaty, the didn't vote against leaving, they voted against not leaving.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's always wound me up in British politics that a Prime Minister resignation does not trigger a general election.

Yes, I know that you vote for the party, not the person, but I would wager many peoples vote in a GE would be different depending on the leader of a party.

I think it’s a matter of time now.

The same issues will be there

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whatever happens in the coming months and years – regardless of who's is in charge – this country will be divided for years to come.

What an absolute mess.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Actually it's meant to be the other way around in a GE - hence why candidates are named seperately - unlike EU elections where you vote for the party and they decide who takes the seats. We the voters have never voted for the leader of the government.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sigh, we already have that.

Great. Let's be the ones who decide on the laws which apply in this country, let's trade outside the EU, let's decide how many people can move here.

Oh, wait, we can't do any of those things.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can't wait to get to the bit where we have a PM who the faithful think "believes in Brexit" but is still faced with the issues of the NI border, Parliamentary arithmetic and the fact the US won't do a trade deal if we break the GFA through No Deal, all while the EU refuse to reopen the Withdrawal Agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here