Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Second half of the two-parter didn't disappoint. Astonishingly candid, wouldn't happen in England. At one point, an EU staffer is watching a TV showing Dancing Queen May's speech to the Tory Party Conference with increasing incredulity until he finally explodes, shouting at the TV 'Oh DO f*** off!' :lolol:

This two-parter is a rare treat for anyone with any kind of passing interest in the inner workings of the Brexit process and I heartily recommend it on that basis.

Yes, just finished part 2. My other personal favourite was when the Hoff was in his car saying "Mrs May's Unilateral declaration? I will call it the Shit declaration". Then he suddenly realises who is in the back seat: "you need to tell me when you are filming, Lode". Classic.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, just finished part 2. My other personal favourite was when the Hoff was in his car saying "Mrs May's Unilateral declaration? I will call it the Shit declaration". Then he suddenly realises who is in the back seat: "you need to tell me when you are filming, Lode". Classic.

Also loved the way the Hoff, all the energy drained out of him, couldn't be arsed to watch the inevitable outcome of the third vote on May's deal. Lode (seeing the Hoff pick up his briefcase and about to walk out of his office in the immediate run up to the vote) "You're coming back?" The Hoff: "No" :lolol:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Has he finally owned up to betraying the people of Britain? Cos he ****ing should do.

What angers me is the continuous use of emotive language (like 'betrayal') calculated to incite violent passion in suggestible audience members. If and when things kick off and another MP is attacked, Farage needs to look at himself take some of the responsibility.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What angers me is the continuous use of emotive language (like 'betrayal') calculated to incite violent passion in suggestible audience members. If and when things kick off and another MP is attacked, Farage needs to look at himself take some of the responsibility.

Farage manipulates people to gain power. The majority of leave voters are poorly educated, bigoted, prejudiced, gullible, fools and thus easy prey for a scumbag like Farage. None of them stop to question his motivation:

He rallies support to leave the EU because he feels it is a deeply corrupt organisation and is against immigration because it takes jobs away from Brits. Okay. That's how he presents himself yet he draws a salary and a pension from the EU of which he is an MEP and gives his german wife a job in the UK. claiming only she could do that job.

He's a conman and he hides it in plain sight.

And none of them will realise it until it’s far too late .

Last edited:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Farage manipulates people to gain power. The majority of leave voters are poorly educated, bigoted, prejudiced, gullible, fools and thus easy prey for a scumbag like Farage. None of them stop to question his motivation:

He rallies support to leave the EU because he feels it is a deeply corrupt organisation and is against immigration because it takes jobs away from Brits. Okay. That's how he presents himself yet he draws a salary and a pension from the EU of which he is an MEP and gives his german wife a job in the UK. claiming only she could do that job.

Unbelievable!!!! You need to calm down have a word with yourself clampy, always so vitriolic and over the top.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

This seems to sum him up to a T.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demagogue

Historian Reinhard Luthin defined demagogue thus: "What is a demagogue? He is a politician skilled in oratory, flattery and invective; evasive in discussing vital issues; promising everything to everybody; appealing to the passions rather than the reason of the public; and arousing racial, religious, and class prejudices—a man whose lust for power without recourse to principle leads him to seek to become a master of the masses. He has for centuries practiced his profession of 'man of the people'. He is a product of a political tradition nearly as old as western civilization itself."

Demagogues have appeared in democracies since ancient Athens. They exploit a fundamental weakness in democracy: because ultimate power is held by the people, it is possible for the people to give that power to someone who appeals to the lowest common denominator of a large segment of the population.[7] Demagogues usually advocate immediate, forceful action to address a national crisis while accusing moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness or disloyalty.

Methods

Below are described a number of methods by which demagogues have manipulated and incited crowds throughout history. Not all demagogues use all of these methods, and no two demagogues use exactly the same methods to gain popularity and loyalty. Even ordinary politicians use some of these techniques from time to time; a politician who failed to stir emotions at all would have little hope of being elected. What these techniques have in common, and what distinguishes demagogues' use of them, is their consistent use to shut down reasoned deliberation by stirring up overwhelming passion.[11][29]

• Scapegoating
  • Fearmongering
  • Lying
  • Emotional oratory and personal charisma
  • Accusing opponents of weakness and disloyalty
  • Promising the impossible
  • Violence and physical intimidation
  • Personal insults and ridicule
  • Vulgarity and outrageous behavior
  • Folksy posturing
  • Gross oversimplification
  • Attacking the news media

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Anyone who still signs off as DR meaning Das Reich is a racist. Anyone who defends that is likely a racist too.
You’re not covering yourself in glory here. Everyone thinks you’re a thicko 2p, don’t add racist to that perception.

Everybody KNOWS you're a thicko,and if you called me a racist you would reveal your total lack of knowledge of my friends and family,but would also reveal you as the lynch-mob mentality moron type who has been chasing Danny Baker,a Labour stalwart,Remain voter,and Corbyn supporter.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

You need to grow up and show some maturity. I know its desperately difficult for you to accept any other viewpoint but to keep running onto this thread every five minutes to heap abuse on a large swathe of the British public is absurd and risible. If you had a boss who was passionate about Brexit, would you verbally abuse him in the same way. No, I thought not. You can get away with these inflammatory statements on here because the majority of views on here support you and love to indulge in self-congratulatory baiting but crassness like this should not be allowed. It drags this forum below any acceptable level of adult debate and sends out a clear message that intelligence and maturity is in very short supply.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Everybody KNOWS you're a thicko,and if you called me a racist you would reveal your total lack of knowledge of my friends and family,but would also reveal you as the lynch-mob mentality moron type who has been chasing Danny Baker,a Labour stalwart,Remain voter,and Corbyn supporter.

Well well well, your ignorance is illustrated once more. Go and look at my comments on the DB thread and you’ll see you’re quite wrong. You never miss an opportunity to look like a **** do you.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You need to grow up and show some maturity. I know its desperately difficult for you to accept any other viewpoint but to keep running onto this thread every five minutes to heap abuse on a large swathe of the British public is absurd and risible. If you had a boss who was passionate about Brexit, would you verbally abuse him in the same way. No, I thought not. You can get away with these inflammatory statements on here because the majority of views on here support you and love to indulge in self-congratulatory baiting but crassness like this should not be allowed. It drags this forum below any acceptable level of adult debate and sends out a clear message that intelligence and maturity is in very short supply.

Ha!

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
I see the Chinese/USA trade war is warming up just in time for Britain to dive in and show them who's boss :facepalm:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I am with you, I don’t think he’s a racist and I don’t think he believes most of what he says. It has however made him a very rich man. His motivation is money and maybe power.

Whatever his motive, he is dangerously good at what he does and we should not undermine his powers to persuade....
But 'man of the people' ? - I don't think so.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003

Well in this environment of intelligent and mature debate that you are seeking , which Brexit are you supporting, customs union or hard border in NI?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here