Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just I would throw this out there , make of it what you want as you all have a free mind I assume.....some are kinda true & some are kinda fiction based on some facts but not reality but most is a wishlist rather than a definate plan by some in the EU

View attachment 108574

Jesus wept. The genuinely frightening thing is that there are plenty of people out there who will believe this wholesale.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just I would throw this out there , make of it what you want as you all have a free mind I assume.....some are kinda true & some are kinda fiction based on some facts but not reality but most is a wishlist rather than a definate plan by some in the EU

:shootself:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

View attachment 108574
Also, when I saw similar to this on Facebook a while back and read the hundreds of comments from those fooled by it, I realised that the Facebook propaganda was so widespread and believed, that a 2nd referendum is pointless.

Totally pointless - as we haven't done anything to cut off the delivery mechanism of the hybrid disinformation attack.

Until we do, the country is lost.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Truly amazing.

Out of interest, which ones do you feel are 'kinda true'?

And where was it sourced from - who's the author?

Well obviously the control of fishing & agriculture is kinda true in that we already lost control over them. The veto is partially true in that we have already lost the use of it in certain circumstances in favour of a 'majority vote' & the adoption of the euro being compulsory in 2022 is on the wish list of people such as Macron who want an even tighter 'Federal' style EU.

At some point I suspect most of it had some basis on truth but was more the hopes of some individuals & small groups rather than the mainstream leaders & MEP's. While not likely at the moment there is a risk if certain people get their way that some if not most of those things could happen but not because of the Lisbon Treaty but more likely a new future treaty if they ever did manage to bypass the veto system , but of course thats all hypothetical as things stand.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
ok.....i could be wrong ....but the ones that get all the coverage are the ones who are not doing the right thing ......i will agree that most immigrants come to the UK to build a better life by working for it and therefore paying their way and contributing to society....but there is still a large number of of people who came/come to UK with no intention whatsoever of working and their offspring , having been born here are now 100% conversant with how to play the game and play the race/religious card to maximum advantage.
i am not racist ....i take people as i find them and i give what i get .......i just can't abide scroungers and people who play the system and i know there are plenty of home grown scroungers too but lets face it ....looking at the example set by the toffs....can we really blame them..?

If someone comes as a refugee and asks for asylum in the UK, they are not allowed to work until they have been granted asylum, once they are accepted then they are expected to support themselves, unless they have a disability, same as anyone else. Most other migrants are either students, who are only allowed to work 20 hours a week, or people on work visas, who have a job lined up. Many of those from the EU, who do not require a visa, responded to ads in their home countries asking them to come and take work here. It is not easy to sit on benefits and not work these days, in fact it is quite difficult for people with genuine disabilities to get disability payments and they are being declared fit for work, despite quite severe disability and sickness.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well obviously the control of fishing & agriculture is kinda true in that we already lost control over them. The veto is partially true in that we have already lost the use of it in certain circumstances in favour of a 'majority vote' & the adoption of the euro being compulsory in 2022 is on the wish list of people such as Macron who want an even tighter 'Federal' style EU.

At some point I suspect most of it had some basis on truth but was more the hopes of some individuals & small groups rather than the mainstream leaders & MEP's. While not likely at the moment there is a risk if certain people get their way that some if not most of those things could happen but not because of the Lisbon Treaty but more likely a new future treaty if they ever did manage to bypass the veto system , but of course thats all hypothetical as things stand.

No, there is not a compulsory law to adopt the euro. Please search out facts and stop believing the propaganda.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
No, there is not a compulsory law to adopt the euro. Please search out facts and stop believing the propaganda.

If you read what I wrote you will clearly see I said its what people like Macron what , not that its law but on the Federalist supporters wish list.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

though we should join the Euro and dispense with the other vetos if we remain, i cant see good reasons for them anymore if we accept better off in EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here