Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
A fair point about there being no alternative. UKIP now advised by that idiot Tommy Robinson. So who should anti-EU people such as myself vote for if it's not NF's new party ?

I can't really advise you (it's a valid and good question), but your question reminds me of a chat that I had with a mate just before the referendum. He was undecided on which way to vote and I just said something like 'well look who you'll be lining up with if you vote Leave'. He thought about for a bit and then plumped for Remain. I'm not going to fall into the trope of 'all Leavers are …...' but really you just need to look at Mark Francois (by no means the worst) yet alone the Tommy Robinson fan club to be rather afraid.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well if it was me, I'd vote for the main stream party you consider is doing it's best to deliver the right Brexit.

Well that gave me a laugh ! Neither mainstream party is even close to delivering Brexit.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yet more grubbiness from Leave.EU. H 'Have a butchers at this', indeed.
Amazing the lengths they went to to demonise people.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I wish these tossers like Farage would admit this is the stark choice rather than accusing everyone of being a traitor or blaming the EU and/or Ireland.

The chance of that happening is about as likely as us getting some more points on the board.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I can't really advise you (it's a valid and good question), but your question reminds me of a chat that I had with a mate just before the referendum. He was undecided on which way to vote and I just said something like 'well look who you'll be lining up with if you vote Leave'. He thought about for a bit and then plumped for Remain. I'm not going to fall into the trope of 'all Leavers are …...' but really you just need to look at Mark Francois (by no means the worst) yet alone the Tommy Robinson fan club to be rather afraid.

Hmmm ..... but I'm not really 'lining' myself up with them. More we share an aim ( and not all aims ! ) ..... i.e. leaving the EU. It's a bit like when you go to an away game, there's always those trouble making tossers but they want an Albion win just as much as you do ...... just that they're tossers and you aren't !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well that gave me a laugh ! Neither mainstream party is even close to delivering Brexit.
True, and that's because they can't decide how to do it, not because of a lack of will. But hey, if you're one of these people who believes everyone else is a traitor, and it's all the fault of 650 MPs, Ireland and the EU then I guess the Brexit party is the one for you.

However if they were ever running the show, then stand by for a decimated economy in the short term, the serious possibility of another civil war in Ireland and our world standing being ruined as a country that can't be trusted to honour global treaties. We'd be no better than Israel.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
A fair point about there being no alternative. UKIP now advised by that idiot Tommy Robinson. So who should anti-EU people such as myself vote for if it's not NF's new party ?

Maybe you should ask Ppf, Two Profs and Baker lite what they are voting ? I would think it's probably best if you all get together and vote the same way as the others who want to rip up the GFA and have a hard border in Ireland ???

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yet more grubbiness from Leave.EU. H 'Have a butchers at this', indeed.
Amazing the lengths they went to to demonise people.

The press have been demonising immigrants for a long time, but this was a different level.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Only a matter of time :wink:
regards
DR

The planet will be a smoking, contaminated cinder ball populated entirely by cockroaches, The Kardashians and 1000’s of little Reece-Moggs escaped from the cloning plant, by the time we leave the EU.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
[tweet]1118176610715353088[/tweet]

Nancy Pelosi? That's another one I'm going to vote out at the next election now we've got our sovereignty back. Linda Sanchez is already down for my boot I can tell you.

(One day, the utter utter futility of people basing a Brexit votes on a concept of sovereignty that's 100 years out of date will occur even to the ones that did so.)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Illiteracy is the main trigger for me putting people on ignore and those two are illiterate champions. It is worth noting that the illiterate "contributors" to this shit show of a thread are also invariably No Deal Leave voters as well.

Having said that I did put someone else on the list the other day for non-illiteracy/Brexit related reasons. It was because I read on a different thread that he didn't believe in space.

I regard No Deal Leavers as being at roughly the same level intellectually.

I would say that having the moral fortitude of a wet lettuce is the reason for your ignore list being numerically larger than your I.Q..

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The press have been demonising immigrants for a long time, but this was a different level.

Thank you for this.
It seems increasingly easy to uncover lies and misrepresentations from the Leave campaign; the trouble is, we seem to be living at a time when it just doesn't seem to matter.
Falsehoods are breezily passed over as 'alternative facts' and attempts to confront them as 'unpatriotic remoaning'. Supporters continue to buy into them regardless of evidence because, like 'flat earthers' they have blocked out all dissenting arguments.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's this level of cluelessness that mark you out as probably the biggest simpleton on the thread.

Oh dear,Simple Simeon has resurfaced.Come on then genius, who are these Remain parties you are fantasizing exist?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The file has been filed. Someone is sitting on it, and won't take it any further. The Establishment rules.

Hope it's not a ******* file.That would be very uncomfortable to sit on.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...ans-customs-controls-firms-told-38021795.html

The woman charged by Theresa May with planning how the UK's borders will operate after Brexit has told businesses here that there is no magic technological solution for preventing a hard border in Ireland.

Karen Wheeler, who heads the UK Border Delivery Group, addressed hundreds of businesses at a Brexit advice conference in Titanic Belfast yesterday.

The senior HMRC official, whose role involves operational planning, said the political tension around the issue had resulted in the group not initiating detailed work on the Irish border until last July.

"We came late to the party in Northern Ireland, not because Government wasn't worrying about what was happening in Northern Ireland, but because the solutions were being handled and looked at in a political space rather than a technical, practical or operational space," she explained.

The civil servant also appeared to extinguish the notion propogated by some Brexiteers that the key to a frictionless border lay with technology.

"There is no technology solution which would mean that you could do customs controls and processes and not have a hard border," she told the audience.
"There is no magic solution that would make that go away. If there was, trust me, we would have found it."

She said while there is technology that can provide for a certain level of automated customs processing or tracking goods, she added: "They are not all instantly available.

"Many of them would take years to implement and there is no border in the world which has a full package of all of these technologies."

She also said the Government would not invest significant sums in technology without a clear picture of long-term arrangements for the border.

Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph, Ms Wheeler said: "If there was a package of technology solutions that you could implement today, or even in the next few months, that enabled customs controls and processes and not have a hard border, we would absolutely be on it, because everybody is looking for that solution.

"There are of course lots of technologies which can help make it more efficient, Norway and Sweden for example have a lot of traffic going across their land border and they are one of the more technologically advanced land borders, they still have queues and people still stop because there are still things to go through.

"There is no such thing in the world at the moment at a land border which doesn't have queues and processes and technologies.

"It may be that over a number of years more of those technologies will emerge. But some of those things are quite hard to avoid."

Asked what beyond revoking Article 50 could provide for a frictionless border, Ms Wheeler replied: "What you need is, at the very least, something that looks like a customs union, plus something that looks like a single market, which has no customs or tariffs or regulatory standards or controls, if you are going to have completely free movement of goods across the border."

Yesterday's conference, organised by the Federation of Small Businesses, the Institute of Directors, InterTradeIreland, Invest NI and the NI Chamber, found that 48% of the businesses in attendance had postponed investment decisions as a result of Brexit.

Almost three-quarters of attendees (73%) cited customs and tariffs as potentially the greatest challenge to their business, followed by supply chain/logistics (51%), VAT/tax (31%), and employment/people (28%).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Maybe you should ask Ppf, Two Profs and Baker lite what they are voting ? I would think it's probably best if you all get together and vote the same way as the others who want to rip up the GFA and have a hard border in Ireland ???

hoorah.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here