Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Farage has been and always will be irrelevant. He's the elite trying not to be elite, but going back to being elite...

...because he's a tosser.

Irrelevant!? .. the electoral threat from Farage/UKIP in 2013 bounced the Tories into promising a referendum.

The Tory share of the vote in recent polls has collapsed by 10% ish, support draining to the Brexit party and UKIP, but he's irrelevant you say .... stunning political analysis :facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Irrelevant!? .. the electoral threat from Farage/UKIP in 2013 bounced the Tories into promising a referendum.

The Tory share of the vote in recent polls has collapsed by 10% ish, support draining to the Brexit party and UKIP, but he's irrelevant you say .... stunning political analysis :facepalm:
Spot on

DjhMVjyXoAAf2la.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Christ, I didn't think it had to spell things out for morons like you any more than I already have.

The support is because people further to the right have felt disillusioned by the Tories and gone to parties like UKIP and Brexit party. It's not because of Farage, it's because of the concept. Had UKIP had a decent run in politics and not been a party that seemed hellbent on destroying itself internally they could have become slightly more relevant, but people are just going for these parties again out of desperation in the current situation. It's similarly why people voted Labour in the last GE.

If you think it's actually anything to do with Farage as a person, then he's got you hooked like a flippin' kipper and is exactly the type of person he knows he can brainwash. It'd be cute if it wasn't so tragic.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
farage supporters probably don't want another 3 million immigrants ......seriously .....do you ...??

You do realise of course that if we do leave the EU, this being the goal of Farage’s Brexit Party, then in all probability we will be accepting more immigrants into the U.K?
It will likely be a deal breaker in many of the fantastic trade deals we will be entering into.

Something to think about eh? Be careful what you wish for.

Although what influence Farage thinks he has on any of this is baffling. I suppose to drum up support for Brexit in the case of a second referendum? However , there won’t be a second referendum and leave voters don’t want one anyway. So I suppose that makes the whole endeavour rather pointless. Like the man himself.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You do realise of course that if we do leave the EU, this being the goal of Farage’s Brexit Party, then in all probability we will be accepting more immigrants into the U.K?
It will likely be a deal breaker in many of the fantastic trade deals we will be entering into.

Something to think about eh? Be careful what you wish for.

you know what mate ......i frequently shake my head in disbelief at the world we live in now and wonder how we got here and where/how it will end up ......i've had a decent enough existence but i really wonder what things will be like in another 200 years ........it keeps me awake at night to be honest , nothing i can do about any of it .....seen too much ...?? too many drugs ...?? all i know is what i know , and that is based on my own experience , it is a big , wild ,old world out there ......i don't think too many of the emerging generations will get too see much of it ......capitalism has reached a global , toxic level where governments and corporations are frankly rinsing the populous , farming us to take our taxes to play their games around the globe.

i'm in the spare room tonight .......:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wasn't a binding question, though.
Can't hold anyone to it.

I do agree that 'referenda' (nice word) are ****.

I agree, and I think everyone agrees that it wasn't binding. That was a major flaw in the process. But everyone accepted it in the campaign, otherwise Remain would not have run a campaign along the idea that there would be immediate economic catastrophe if we voted out and leaving would be a disaster for our country. If they had seriously thought that the result could just be side-stepped, then the campaign would have looked very different. Something like: 'Okay voters, here's your chance to vote remain or leave, give an opinion on the EU, but remember, if our elected MP's don't much like the answer, then they will do what they think is best for the country.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
you know what mate ......i frequently shake my head in disbelief at the world we live in now and wonder how we got here and where/how it will end up ......i've had a decent enough existence but i really wonder what things will be like in another 200 years ........it keeps me awake at night to be honest , nothing i can do about any of it .....seen too much ...?? too many drugs ...?? all i know is what i know , and that is based on my own experience , it is a big , wild ,old world out there ......i don't think too many of the emerging generations will get too see much of it ......capitalism has reached a global , toxic level where governments and corporations are frankly rinsing the populous , farming us to take our taxes to play their games around the globe.

i'm in the spare room tonight .......:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

I spend many a night in the spare room. It has its advantages.

Farage simply strikes me as the one in the hunt who has nothing to do with the takedown but pushes through after the kill, drawing a knife and fork from his top-pocket, when there’s no chance the beast will turn.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I spend many a night in the spare room. It has its advantages.

Farage simply strikes me as the one in the hunt who has nothing to do with the takedown but pushes through after the kill, drawing a knife and fork from his top-pocket, when there’s no chance the beast will turn.

i may be inclined to agree with you on that ......he does have the aura of a scavenger about him and i think in hindsight that with or without Brexit , the UK has been manoeuvred by forces within and without to a point where there really is only one way forward , it may take five or twenty years but i feel we/you are likely to be swamped, i have a lot of pals here from Essex ,Middlesex and South and East London ....there is a huge problem with Eastern European and African immigrants ....there are thousands of Somalian and Sudanese migrants/ refugees here in OZ .....they are on the whole a decent enough bunch ....but when the gang/tribal shit starts , chuck in the local Aboriginal gangs and believe me mate ....it ain't pretty , makes millwall look like magic roundabout....fact.......and you won't find it on line as it is not reported on .....ring any bells.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wouldn't have mattered if 17.4 million people turned up you would still have ignored them :p

Don't blame me for ignoring the 17.4m (well what's left), blame the odd balls in the Tory party that don't seem to want Brexit.

I'm curious, where do you think we are going to end up?

Will you be voting for the Nige in the European elections?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Don't blame me for ignoring the 17.4m (well what's left), blame the odd balls in the Tory party that don't seem to want Brexit.

I'm curious, where do you think we are going to end up?

Will you be voting for the Nige in the European elections?

If the Euro elections happen one of the sub-plots will be how many votes Nige's Brexit party will filch from UKIP. (The image of '2 bald men fighting over a comb' comes to mind.) Meanwhile the LIb Dems, the Greens and the new 'Change' outfit will be scrabbling over the pro-Remain vote/pro Peoples' vote electors. Will turnout be at an all-time low (because the Elections could be seen as meaningless) or will it be a proxy for a Referendum (part 2) on Brexit and with a high turnout fuelled by righteous indignation...………….? (Posted before the Huff Post poll showed up!)

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Genuine question, what is the point of The Brexit Party AND UKIP standing in the elections? Aren't they competing for the same, relatively small section of the electorate?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Genuine question, what is the point of The Brexit Party AND UKIP standing in the elections? Aren't they competing for the same, relatively small section of the electorate?

Yes, good isn't it? UKIP has been beset by internal rows for years. Funnily enough they are quite a feisty bunch! The split is the final expression of this with Farage's vanity project AKA The Brexit party.I think Farage would say that UKIP was drifting too far to the right (Tommy Robinson etc?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here