Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Where was the insult ?
Don't be obtuse. You claimed that all those who voted leave are unable to answer a simple question. In reality you've asked a few people on here, and they've not answered. That's hardly all. I voted leave, and have said many times that I'd prefer a soft Brexit, where we are part of the single market. I wouldn't want a hard border version.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it was more a turn-of-phrase as opposed to the poster literally thinking every single leaver is refusing to answer the question. If I was to say “jeez, all Stephens does is pass the ball back” it does not mean I literally think every ball is backwards does it? As we all know he can pass sideways as well.
With the Stephens comment, it would be obvious you weren't being literal. However, this thread is full of people claiming that anyone disagreeing with them is stupid, so it didn't come across as a turn of phrase.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Don't be obtuse. You claimed that all those who voted leave are unable to answer a simple question. In reality you've asked a few people on here, and they've not answered. That's hardly all. I voted leave, and have said many times that I'd prefer a soft Brexit, where we are part of the single market. I wouldn't want a hard border version.

Thank You (I must have missed when you said it before) and I can now say that in my experience not ALL leave voters refuse to answer the question. And I've just remembered Gwylan answering the same question very early on :thumbsup:

IN MY EXPERIENCE, THE VAST MAJORITY OF LEAVE VOTERS DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTION, DID YOU WANT A CUSTOMS UNION OR A HARD BORDER ? :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think you’re taking his phrase literally.
Yes I was, because IMO this thread has far too much insulting, which doesn't help achieve what most people here would like (a prosperous Britain and Europe).

So what did you vote for Customs Union or Hard Border
Well, to be specific, I voted for neither, because we weren't given the option to say what form of Brexit we'd like. But as above, what I hoped we'd get was a soft Brexit, where we remained in the single market.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
With the Stephens comment, it would be obvious you weren't being literal. However, this thread is full of people claiming that anyone disagreeing with them is stupid, so it didn't come across as a turn of phrase.

I do think you would be hard pushed to find a post on here where I have insulted anyone or called them stupid. (Exceptions being Ppf and Two profs, where I have a cast iron defence that it was a statement of fact) :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank You (I must have missed when you said it before)
There are less than 100 thousand posts in this thread, and you can't remember them all?

IN MY EXPERIENCE, THE VAST MAJORITY OF LEAVE VOTERS DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTION, DID YOU WANT A CUSTOMS UNION OR A HARD BORDER ? :wink:

[video]https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/4ee50116-e481-4f8c-acc0-e2ff0b338043[/video]

Attachments

• Austin powers.mp4
    193.2 KB

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do think you would be hard pushed to find a post on here where I have insulted anyone or called them stupid.
Right, I've just clicked on one of the earlier pages on this thread, and searched for 'watford'. This is the first post I found:

This whole spat started because you said something stupid

I pointed out that you said something stupid and then when you realise how stupid it was you go off down the 'patronising' path as you can't bear to admit that what you have said is plain stupid.
(Or maybe, if you don't make stupid statements, I won't feel compelled to point them out and peace will prevail)
:lol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Betty Boothroyd is absoluty correct irrespective of how you voted no one voted for this mess Parliment has completly failed us all from voting for the referendum to the leave/remain campaigns full of lies, financial scandals and dodgy self serving characters then the last general election remember the one to give Mrs May a mandate that then started the most protracted of leadership contests that's still being played out across the Tories, Labour and Liberals almost every interview is being aproched by MPs as a job interview this whole Parliament is the worst ever and needs sweeping away and none of the sitting MPs to be allowed to re-stand while we are at it do away with the houses of Parliament outdated and no longer fit for purpose just one example just look at college green and its village of tents and scaffolding for the press its rediculous it cannot carry on its broken beyond repair.

Revoke Artical 50 have a general election were parties can set out how they collectively would approach dealing with the result of the 2016 referendum a new Parliament new MPs

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Right, I've just clicked on one of the earlier pages on this thread, and searched for 'watford'. This is the first post I found:

This whole spat started because you said something stupid

I pointed out that you said something stupid and then when you realise how stupid it was you go off down the 'patronising' path as you can't bear to admit that what you have said is plain stupid.
(Or maybe, if you don't make stupid statements, I won't feel compelled to point them out and peace will prevail)

:lol:

And I believe that quote says 'you said something stupid' and here is the statement that you are missing

Come off it. You don’t really believe that. Even ardent Remainers admit / can see the EU made it incredibly hard simply by doing nothing (mainly because it didn’t have to, which you’ve got begrudgingly admire as a strategy even if you are pro-leave)

I still think the statement is stupid and still haven't called portlock seagull stupid, despite being insulted in the earlier part of the quote you didn't include.

My point still stands

I do think you would be hard pushed to find a post on here where I have insulted anyone or called them stupid. (Exceptions being Ppf and Two profs, where I have a cast iron defence that it was a statement of fact) :)

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
**** off.

tenor.gif

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A new political party left of centre that wants to have the following policies;

1. Change the voting system for future elections.
2. No polictical donations parties to be funded from the public purse based on membership numbers.
3. Close the current Palace of Westminster and find a new location outside of London to build a modern replacement.
4. Scrap the House of Lords and relace with an elected second house.
5. Write and issue a bill of rights.
6. Scrap Trident and instead spend the money on conventional methods of defence.
7. Make it compulsory that Councils are to build new estates everyone to have a write to having a home.
8. Redistribution of some lands from very large land owners this includes the Church, Royalty, Landed Gentry and large multi corporations.
9. Issue ID cards to all citizens ensure this ties all the benifit systems including health national insurance tax pensions together do this properly and it will have a major effect in controlling fraud and misuse.
10. Reintroduce subsidies for micro generation plus restart tidal generation generation.
11. Adult training be that college, Universities or other to be free for essential jobs doctors, engineers, farming, scientists etc.
12. Public transport free to all massively increase cost to own and run cars

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
what most people here would like (a prosperous Britain and Europe).

Unfortunately, I do not accept that this part is universally the case.

Whether their views have developed because of the protracted Brexit shambles, or whether they are long-held nationalist prejudices, isn't always clear, but quite plainly there are many on the leave side of the fence who would actively relish a downturn and subsequent hardships in the rest of Europe - a place they sadly see as an adversary rather than an ally.

A ridiculous state of affairs, but very plainly, IMO at least, the reality.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
WTF? You're trying to argue that you weren't insulting him or calling him stupid? Nah.

Well, if you think his statement is factual and accurate, that's your opinion. I don't, I think it was a stupid statement.

Maybe you missed the part where I called him stupid off your quote, or maybe highlight it :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't say everyone here wants a prosperous Europe, I said most. For a start, most people here are remainers, and among the leavers, there are plenty who want Europe to prosper.

Whether their views have developed because of the protracted Brexit shambles, or whether they are long-held nationalist prejudices, isn't always clear, but quite plainly there are many on the leave side of the fence who would actively relish a downturn and subsequent hardships in the rest of Europe - a place they sadly see as an adversary rather than an ally.
In terms of the Brexit negotiations, it's understandable that many will see the EU as an adversary, given that some in the EU have stated that they don't want the UK to do well from Brexit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

A ridiculous state of affairs, but very plainly, IMO at least, the reality.

Similarly there are those who are 'Brexit at any cost' advocates who are happy to accept a downturn and subsequent hardships on their own people as being an acceptable price worth paying, particularly when it comes to other constituent parts of The UK outside of England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here