Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As the option was leave or stay, I very much doubt that anyone who got off their backside and voted leave would expect that leave would include remaining in a customs union and with free movement. Surely that’s about the only two things that we were told we’d be rid of by voting to “take back control”. What I quoted was saying that what we’ll end up with is “as good as staying”, whilst actually leaving!

Obviously, nobody who voted to remain wanted to remain but not be able to influence what might change in the future.

This is what I imagine those who stayed away from the referendum, shrugged and said “I’m not that bothered either way” would be happy with, but not those who voted.

I could of course be wrong. I’m just offering my opinion. I just think that if we’re going to leave, we should do it properly, not by tying ourselves to the club still. It just seems pointless.

I'm sorry but it is just your opinion. I'm out in a restaurant at the moment, so can't really respond but most of the major 'Brexiteers' said, at some point, during the campaign that they weren't trying to leave the customs union or single market.

Sorry, because your reply deserves a longer response, so maybe later tonight, or more likely tomorrow :thumbsup:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sorry but it is just your opinion. I'm out in a restaurant at the moment, so can't really respond but most of the major 'Brexiteers said during the campaign that they weren't trying to leave the customs union or single market.

Sorry, because your reply deserves a longer response, so maybe later tonight, or more likely tomorrow :thumbsup:

Fair enough if they did. I don’t remember that being said at all.

Perhaps we will get the leave that was voted for after all. I just haven’t had this line spun to me by anyone I know who voted to leave.

Enjoy your meal and put your phone away!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dear God.

3 years in, absolutely no progress and now is the time for cross party support.

A totally shambolic clusterf**k of epic proportions.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just another example of her misjudgment.

Disagree this time next week she will be able to say:

Despite the Tories seeking cross party support from Labour during this time of national crisis Labour have refused to work in a constructive manner putting the country before party. As such we will now have to seek a long extension and take part in EU elections. Like the global economic crisis we are still suffering from, this is entirely Labour's fault and reiterates why they are unfit for government.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
55833020_2632188840156897_6193738076607479808_n.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're generally a more intelligent poster than that.
So you disagree with him. You could just say you disagree, rather than try and mock his intelligence with a post that could be aimed right back at yours.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Looks like we might have to elect Euro MP's so they can get part pensions out of the EU swill bin.Perhaps all the flouncers are aiming for this as they're out of a job.I already know who I will vote for.The choice for Remainers is going to be much more difficult-finding someone you can trust!

hoorah.png

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So you disagree with him. You could just say you disagree, rather than try and mock his intelligence with a post that could be aimed right back at yours.

Or if you read it again, without your sensitivity glasses on, I've actually complemented [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] and only criticised that one post.

Had KZN had a quick look at any news feed, they would have found:

Corbyn has told the Press Association:
"We will meet the prime minister. We recognise that she has made a move, I recognise my responsibility to represent the people that supported Labour in the last election and the people who didn’t support Labour but nevertheless want certainty and security for their own future and that’s the basis on which we will meet her and we will have those discussions."

I thought you looked out for misinformation?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”

Caldwell
I like that.

Putin's box of 'useful tools' in the UK spring immediately to mind.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sorry but it is just your opinion. I'm out in a restaurant at the moment, so can't really respond but most of the major 'Brexiteers' said, at some point, during the campaign that they weren't trying to leave the customs union or single market.

Here's one.

[tweet]1110114700396761088[/tweet]

@ledbydonkeys have got loads of these quotes from Brexiters on Twitter.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Sorry, because your reply deserves a longer response, so maybe later tonight, or more likely tomorrow [emoji106]
Here's one.

[tweet]1110114700396761088[/tweet]

@ledbydonkeys have got loads of these quotes from Brexiters on Twitter.

This is a handy useful reference.

https://twitter.com/pgmatthew/status/1054609746563682304?s=19

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Quote Originally Posted by The Rivet View Post
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”

Caldwell

I like that.

Putin's box of 'useful tools' in the UK spring immediately to mind.

... and like pitching the people against parliament and watching as the goons threaten elected mps with violence?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Quote Originally Posted by The Rivet View Post

Caldwell

... and like pitching the people against parliament and watching as the goons threaten elected mps with violence?

Actions v reactions I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here