Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes sorry. I gave the wrong impression. I'm aware it's widely listened to but couldn't understand how they get away with it. I was talking to something recently who deals with that kind of "compliance" and they explained to me they have been given a particular kind of "opt-out" from OfCom / The Radio authorities.

The BBC and SKY wouldn't be allowed to do that under current rules (which is correct) but there is a space for LBC. As you say it's utterly compelling.

James O'Brien has stated he couldn't go back to the BBC (was a jobbing Newsnight presenter) because he gets complete freedom on the station.

Does their openess allow it?

Yes, I saw his occasional filling in on Newsnight ... abrasive .... I got the impression he wasn’t wanted back.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Burley is just a bitchy shit stirrer, a bully, unknowledgeable, Murdochesque.

The videos on youtube, where she more than met her match, for example with James O’Brien, make good viewing.
I've mentioned this on here before but it's worth repeating. A good mate of mine used to be a producer on Sky News. I asked him why Burley was still employed as she was clearly useless and basically offensive to watch.

He said that he had no idea and that EVERY person he worked with thought exactly the same. She's clearly got something on someone at the top.

He also said that it's not a TV persona. She's like that in real life. A total BELL. Thick as stew and really nasty.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Talking of Baker Lite, remember he's declaring unilateral independence from the UK in about 15 minutes time...
If you scroll up you'll see that he's already left. His bathtub is currently 5 miles off the coast, "on his way" to something.......

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
11pm on March 29 2019.

And so the bonus hours and days begin. Our collegiate, outward-looking, welcoming nation lives on, for the moment at least.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've mentioned this on here before but it's worth repeating. A good mate of mine used to be a producer on Sky News. I asked him why Burley was still employed as she was clearly useless and basically offensive to watch.

He said that he had no idea and that EVERY person he worked with thought exactly the same. She's clearly got something on someone at the top.

He also said that it's not a TV persona. She's like that in real life. A total BELL. Thick as stew and really nasty.

And the odd thing about that was James O'Brien massively ****ed up.

Be interesting where he goes after this is after. On other subjects he is quite conservative with a small c, a public schoolboy who is best mates with Bill Cash's (arch brexiteers) son.

He is gonna have to try very very hard not to be a one trick pony. But I think he knows that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Be interesting where he goes after this is after. On other subjects he is quite conservative with a small c, a public schoolboy who is best mates with Bill Cash's (arch brexiteers) son.

He is gonna have to try very very hard not to be a one trick pony. But I think he knows that.
I don't think you meant to quote me there........

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Still proudly an EU citizen. Cheers!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well I suppose as it's Fridat night and the mods will all be pissed it was worth getting another one started......

"Oh no it wasn't!"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Funny you should say that about other issues. In O’Brien’s last hour today, he said it was serious debate about vegetarianism, but in fact he was really mocking vegetarians, with a constant wind-up of his love of Fois Gras and all meats from pigs. Got a bit tedious.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I did, I was just extending the conversation.

:)
Ah, you were quoting the quote that I quoted. Too pissed to realise that sorry, because you only quoted my quote, not the quote that I quoted.

Alles klar.

Burley is still a massive WEAPON.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ah, you were quoting the quote that I quoted. Too pissed to realise that sorry, because you only quoted my quote, not the quote that I quoted.

Alles klar.

Burley is still a massive WEAPON.

Agreed.

I'm usually one for car crash news and deliberately listen/watch things I fundamentally disagree with.

I'm quite happy to listen to Farage and even Tommy Robinson. However, I have to turn Burley off because she is a god awful broadcaster.

I'm actually a bit "fascinated" by the far right and no I'm not for turning. I don't worry about them to be honest because they always fall out. Even today, Tommy Robinson telling the crowd "Farage doesn't care about you"

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/29/tommy-robinson-tells-supporters-nigel-farage-doesnt-care-9062085/

Quite how my ex-MP the bonkers arch Brexiteer Kate Hoey fits in between Farage and Robinson is equally fascinating.

Imagine you are a foreigner and you try and make sense of Brexit and the UK in general. You point them at Monty Python, particularly John Cleese who

1) Supports the Social Democrats
2) Wants to leave Europe
3) Is annoyed by the right wing press
4) Is leaving the country in disgust

Or the Labour supporting Piers Morgan who voted remain, is mates with Trump and baits remainers at every opportunity.

Lastly, the arch European (yes really) Jeremy Clarkson who made a video for the remain and thinks we should adopt the Euro.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This total farce will cause massive voting apathy at the next general election

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here