Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Can't be arsed to find a source you won't read, and if you did would find some other reason to dismiss. try thinking about yourself though, some time has passed, some people have passed, some people have turned 18.

Do you not feel that people would take more notice with actual data rather than speculative rhetoric?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The EU has not made it difficult, very early on, from when TM described her red lines, the position of the EU was known. It was us saying we were leaving, and what we would not have.
Your reasons to leave may not have changed, but for a lot of people the major reason they voted has changed, if they have been paying attention.

Come off it. You don’t really believe that. Even ardent Remainers admit / can see the EU made it incredibly hard simply by doing nothing (mainly because it didn’t have to, which you’ve got begrudgingly admire as a strategy even if you are pro-leave)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is that healthy, staying with something simply because there's no way out?

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

You ask a binary question to which there is no binary answer - a bit like the referendum itself!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Come off it. You don’t really believe that. Even ardent Remainers admit / can see the EU made it incredibly hard simply by doing nothing (mainly because it didn’t have to, which you’ve got begrudgingly admire as a strategy even if you are pro-leave)

What did they do except stick to the rules we helped create as members?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't be arsed to find a source you won't read, and if you did would find some other reason to dismiss. try thinking about yourself though, some time has passed, some people have passed, some people have turned 18.

The stat was on the news the other day. Two million new voters now eligible and two million who could vote previously who are no longer with us.

The demographic of Leave / Remain among young and old people has been catalogued hundreds of times. Of course PoTG's anecdotal evidence means he wont believe it. I know lots of people over 70 who voted remain but it doesn't mean I don't believe the FACTS. :)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The stat was on the news the other day. Two million new voters now eligible and two million who could vote previously who are no longer with us.

The demographic of Leave / Remain among young and old people has been catalogued hundreds of times. Of course PoTG's anecdotal evidence means he wont believe it. I know lots of people over 70 who voted remain but it doesn't mean I don't believe the FACTS. :)

So that vote doesn't count. How often should we redo it? Every month to allow for natural wastage and increments?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Do you not feel that people would take more notice with actual data rather than speculative rhetoric?

I am not sure you would, and I think if you thought knowing the fact may change your mind, you would check it out for yourself.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What did they do except stick to the rules we helped create as members?

If someone wants to get out of your house and you know they’re locked in...you could help them find the key. No rule says you have to. But by not doing so, you are by default, not helping. Or making it difficult.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well this is him talking about Brexit. Not the normal shite you get when discussing this with the usual suspects:

Agree more of a sensible Tory, almost too sensible for his own party

Away from Brexit, I'll be interested to see if he's true to his word and he resigns in August if prison violence isn't reduced on his watch.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Is that healthy, staying with something simply because there's no way out?

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

Take away those red lines that throw Northern Ireland under a bus and you may still be able to have your Brexit.

The cultish behaviour of the Brexiteers over the last 2 and a half years has created the situation. They are their own worst enemy....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So on future votes by Parliament, if some factions don't fancy it shall we fanny about and sabotage until the mood might have changed and have another bash each time?

No.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Most won't but some will, some will have died. Both my own parents in their 70's have changed their minds. One admits they were conned, the other has a massive guilt trip over the grand kids future

But it doesn't take many, it was close and should have never been attempted with such a small margin of victory

I have an in-law who voted Leave and stated they would now vote Remain, and also 2 other fairly close friends who did not vote but said they would 100% vote Remain this time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well yeah, trying to get out of something you can't get out of is an exercise in futility. However, we can get out, but there needs to be a will to do it, and something clearly defined to go to, what we were asked was do we want to leave, but no one explained that all the different possible things we could do once out, were not all possible at once, and that those in power were going to argue for ever over where we are headed, we voted leave on everyones idea of what the next destination will be, but we can't suit everyone.

This. It is impossible to have 100s of different versions of Brexit all at once, and that is what was voted for. What Leave voters voted for was impossible - getting angry at MPs for not delivering something fundamentally impossible is pretty daft.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here