Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
16 options

[tweet]1110818230346702849[/tweet]

To summarise;

A - WTF, serves no purpose whatsoever
B - Achievable but awful as a prospect
C - Unicorn
D - Achievable
E - Pointless
F - Achievable
G - Achievable
H - Achievable
I - Probably should have happened anyway
J - Achievable (but basically F)
K - Probably achievable but whiff of unicorn
L - Achievable
M - Achievable
N - Unicorn
O - Unicorn
P - WTF

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
[MENTION=16399]pb21[/MENTION] you haven't become a tipster now have you .... 'remember when the fun stops, stop'.

23/04/2016
Think Obama's words will be the straw that breaks the camels back when it comes to undecided voters IMO. Was expecting the result to be very close to either side but now think it's going to be 60+% to remain.

:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
rankles you doesn't it

As I say, I’m not quite sure of your point but 1) If you think I’m nerdy because I have a half decent education then fine. I’m comfortable with my education. 2) and I’m more than happy with my athletic achievements at school, and also now.

Is this your attempt at psychological projection?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As I say, I’m not quite sure of your point but 1) If you think I’m nerdy because I have a half decent education then fine. I’m comfortable with my education. 2) and I’m more than happy with my athletic achievements at school, and also now.

Nerds don’t sing Fight For Your Right in pubs. We are the coolest cats on the block.
As for Brexit, I am hopeful history will see us on the winning team in the end.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To summarise;

B and P are same in outcome. D and H are outcomes of the negotiations after we withdraw.
O seems the most sensible leave option, if the EU agree to it, stop having a deadline and negotiate properly bother withdrawal and future relation in one go. then things like D, H or variations of are practical.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The number of MPs breaking from their party's whips is starting to suggest that whips are....slightly pointless? Or certainly becoming devalued rapidly, at present rate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
rankles you doesn't it, whereas you sneeringly correcting posters grammar (which is naff) or depicting them as pub landlord (which is fine) doesn't me and there you have it :bigwave:

You need a ? instead of the first comma as it’s a question. You should use the verb correct instead of correcting. Posters needs a ‘ as it’s possessive :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Which is why John Bercow will whittle them down.

Personally, I think all the MPs should be locked in the HoC and not let out until they sort the whole thing. No meals, just water to drink. .

You are too kind with the water.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Nerds don’t sing Fight For Your Right in pubs. We are the coolest cats on the block.

His position on this is very immature - the 'Jocks v Nerds' split of American kids TV.

I represented my (large secondary) school in 5 sports, and had mates who played no sport at all, who were unquestionably far 'cooler' than I could have hoped to be.

Kids who played in bands, knew where to get weed, had girlfriends a year or two older than us - different level COOLNESS.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

:thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
His position on this is very immature - the 'Jocks v Nerds' split of American kids TV.

I represented my (large secondary) school in 5 sports, and had mates who played no sport at all, who were unquestionably far 'cooler' than I could have hoped to be.

Kids who played in bands, knew where to get weed, had girlfriends a year or two older than us - different level COOLNESS.

Quite right. I represented Dorking at running AND sang/yelled in a punk metal band called Concrete Pillow.
The running skills came in handy at gigs, we were ****ing dire :)

Anyway, I’m off topic and also back on nights later so it’s a day of laundry and prep for work.
Have a lovely day all, viva la nerds!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
B and P are same in outcome. D and H are outcomes of the negotiations after we withdraw.
O seems the most sensible leave option, if the EU agree to it, stop having a deadline and negotiate properly bother withdrawal and future relation in one go. then things like D, H or variations of are practical.

Anything related to the "Malthouse Compromise" is a unicorn, it's not been agreed with the EU and there is little chance they will agree to it as it reopens the Withdrawal Agreement to achieve, which is not possible.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The number of MPs breaking from their party's whips is starting to suggest that whips are....slightly pointless? Or certainly becoming devalued rapidly, at present rate.

The vote two weeks ago, when it was confirmed that one of the whips themselves voted against May's motion (after whipping others to vote in favour) basically exposed it all as dead.

When a government has a proper majority, it will have strength again, and the whips can use threats (to marginalise an MP, to leak skeletons to the press, etc) to bring dissenters in line. Right now with no working majority, they can't afford to marginalise anyone, let alone threaten to sack / expel them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite right. I represented Dorking at running AND sang/yelled in a punk metal band called Concrete Pillow.
The running skills came in handy at gigs, we were ****ing dire :)

Anyway, I’m off topic and also back on nights later so it’s a day of laundry and prep for work.
Have a lovely day all, viva la nerds!

I forgot athletics. Six sports then.

Silver medal at Withers, in the County Schools 1500m :thumbsup:

#StillNotCOOL

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Anything related to the "Malthouse Compromise" is a unicorn, it's not been agreed with the EU and there is little chance they will agree to it as it reopens the Withdrawal Agreement to achieve, which is not possible.

which applies to half the other options, so they are unicorns too. we're back to no-deal/deal/revoke arent we and this doesn't solve anything?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You need a ? instead of the first comma as it’s a question. You should use the verb correct instead of correcting. Posters needs a ‘ as it’s possessive :lolol:

you left Tideway to go to Lewes grammar, which has indeed helped your liking of apostrophes but equally ramped up the nerdy side :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you left Tideway to go to Lewes grammar, which has indeed helped your liking of apostrophes but equally ramped up the nerdy side :wink:

I did not go to Lewes grammar school.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

5 sports ?

Name them and I will then confirm their worthiness .....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here