Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have this vision of you walking down a street in Prague, suddenly shouting 'Guy Verhofstadt' .....

This is my vision of you

Attachments

• 302C5460-C38D-4EAC-81F8-C1FAC29F27CE.jpeg
    302C5460-C38D-4EAC-81F8-C1FAC29F27CE.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 63

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But you flip flop from one scenario to another and then give yourself a pat on the back as if you called it right, your bit of an odd bod, half supply teacher, half George Soros and half self acclaimed Mystic Meg, it's all a bit unnerving ......

Is he a supply English teacher? You could tap him up for some lessons!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just what is it about Twitter that the brexiteers are so against? Is it that they simply don’t “get it” or perhaps that they are afraid of news that hasn’t been put through the media mangle?

I don’t hold a twitter account and it doesn’t play a part in my life but that’s down to me not partaking in much social media in general.

Exactly. Posters will give their opinions which is great but it isn't the same as discussing facts.
How can I post my own words about options that are up for debate in the House of Commons today. Much easier to copy & paste a few numbers to imbed a tweet. Maybe they don't have the skill to do that?
Many times people say, have you got a link to that, because they don't believe you. I'm just cutting that bit out.
I like getting up people's noses, because it means I have hit a nerve somewhere.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Exactly. Posters will give their opinions which is great but it isn't the same as discussing facts.
How can I post my own words about options that are up for debate in the House of Commons today. Much easier to copy & paste a few numbers to imbed a tweet. Maybe they don't have the skill to do that?
Many times people say, have you got a link to that, because they don't believe you. I'm just cutting that bit out.
I like getting up people's noses, because it means I have hit a nerve somewhere.

For the love of god, save us your own words and try posting your twitter feed, please enough now .....

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
For the love of god, save us your own words and try posting your twitter feed, please enough now .....

No, because I got picked for a sports team too. That seems to be the criteria today, doesn't it, [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] ?

Btw, make your mind up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank you, but at least I have got picked for a sports team whereas you have never ever, and that always trump you and make you rather nerdy ...

:lolol: You, of all people, lecturing me, on sports.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No, because I got picked for a sports team too. That seems to be the criteria today, doesn't it, [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] ?

Ooooooh looking for back up and you chose a bloke that isn't a sportsman, you're no Pep Guardiola are you.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Quite. I believe there is room for all sources of information on here. It’s up to the individual to decide whether or not they are reliable. It’s far wiser to decide to dismiss information once one has actually viewed that information.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It appears both the Tories and Labour are whipping their MPs on the indicative votes. What a waste of time.

i wonder how this is even possible, with so many options. what is the official party line on them, when they come from the MPs?

as an aside, i hope one of the outcomes of this debacle is MPs taking more authority, both in running of parliament and not being so beholden to their parties.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As we now obviously need more things posted from Twitter on here, this is an interesting declaration by a Sussex Tory loyalist, who follows the official Tory line on Brexit. I can't believe he'd resign as a PPS to vote against the Tory whip on this if it came to it. Are they really going to whip their MP's today?

[tweet]1110642852898443266[/tweet]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm not complacent and I don't believe for one second that leavers are racist. I describe myself as a reluctant remainer, but that's due to my natural dislike of bureaucracy. I decided to vote remain in the morning.

Just a gentle reminder that the EU is one of the largest bureaucratic monsters the world has ever seen. It employs 55,000 people and approx 1:10 of those are on six figure salaries or higher. It is a ticket to ride on a bureaucratic gravy train that attracts many snouts to the trough.
For what its worth, I also dislike bureaucracy with a passion. I am attracted to wealth creators not those who attempt to strangle business with red tape to justify their own existence or find ever more ways to extract ever more sums of money from those who are trying to employ more people and re-invest in their businesses.

A bit more red tape before 2008 in the banking industry might have been useful, but you know, don't want to stifle the wealth creators.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Btw, make your mind up.

Ooooooh looking for back up and you chose a bloke that isn't a sportsman, you're no Pep Guardiola are you.

:lolol: No, not at all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here