Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Well you'll never find anyone who says - 'hey, I love bureaucrats'. But just to introduce a bit of balance, this was a claim made by Nick Clegg a few years back

"The total size of the European bureaucracy is about exactly the same size as the number of people employed by Derbyshire County Council. Some super-state!"

Now he was being a bit naughty with the figures (he's a politician and was in a debate with a guy called Farage) but the 'fact' is that the number of these specimens (given the reach, budget and powers of the EU, especially when compared with Derbyshire County Council) is relatively tiny.

Vote and support Leave for all sorts of reasons, but the sheer size of the EU civil service is really not a good one.

Yeah, Nick Clegg that will do it, thank you :shootself

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Never heard that term either ......

Would you prefer countries in mainland Europe that are members of the EU?
Rather a silly point if you ask me. Brexiteers are getting more silly as this cluster**** they instigated unfolds.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
A right is, by it’s very definition not a privilege.

You're not getting the hang of this, you have to name friends and colleagues that are European or live in the EU apparently ..... best get your little black book out Clampy old son.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Would you prefer countries in mainland Europe that are members of the EU?
Rather a silly point if you ask me. Brexiteers are getting more silly as this cluster**** they instigated unfolds.

it was you that was commenting on terms and phrases and you just blurted it out, a case of EU tourettes perhaps.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You're not getting the hang of this, you have to name friends and colleagues that are European or live in the EU apparently ..... best get your little black book out Clampy old son.

Haha! Well, In the spirit of the thing I do have friends and colleagues in both the aforementioned categories. They are the same as everyone else; agog at the balls up regardless of their initial vote at the referendum.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
It seems that brexiteers have nothing left but dribbling pointless nonsense. Thanks for confirming mate.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Now that Baker Lite has abandoned the game, I see the remaining Brexiteers a bit like those participants in 'British Bulldog' games (and they'll take this as a compliment) we played at school where gradually the number of runners were whittled down and the odds of capture and defeat became overwhelming. Soon it'll be just an heroic Pasta left, perhaps?

The ones I find most amusing are those that posted various rubbish on here, and were shown up as not understanding any aspect of what is going on. They are now reduced to just reading the thread, their sole contribution being the occasional thumb up for the gang of three.

You know who you are :wink:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The ones I find most amusing are those that posted various rubbish on here, and were shown up as not understanding any aspect of what is going on. They are now reduced to just reading the thread, their sole contribution being the occasional thumb up for the gang of three.

Straining myself for as much generosity of spirit that I can summon up, I think it is fair to say that we've not been dealing with thought-leaders in their field.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

But you flip flop from one scenario to another and then give yourself a pat on the back as if you called it right, your bit of an odd bod, half supply teacher, half George Soros and half self acclaimed Mystic Meg, it's all a bit unnerving ......

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here