Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh here we go, Mr negative is awake, have some faith in our great Nation, we are a people with indomitable spirit, liven up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you just believe enough, Tinkerbell will be ok.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
If you just believe enough, Tinkerbell will be ok.

Whatever pleases you cupcake, I have faith in a nation on the correct side of history, we will look back on this in 10 years and will not believe that a tantrum throwing minority nearly convinced the powers that be that the quiet majority were wrong.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Just fancy that,eh.What do they call austerity in most of the EU?Budgetary realignment perhaps.Chin up all you Greek chappies,it will be better in 2032,or maybe 42.

How is Brexit going to help the Greeks?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
....but there is an element on here who are determined to blank it out and infer it is a fiction. No doubt if they are retired or unaffected they will continue to celebrate the promise of Brexit with unrestrained delight - and undermine any possibility of 'coming together' in the foreseeable future.

Future dysfunctionality and economic downturn can then be safely and easily blamed on the ill-will of remain voters. Simple.

Simple to blame everything on Brexit, like lazy journalists do.Babcocks in Scotland made redundancies last year which was blamed on Brexit,but it was just jobs going to more efficient companies with better management.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How is Brexit going to help the Greeks?

If Brexit turns out to be a disaster,they will feel better about their EU-inflicted poverty and mass unemployment.Schadenfreude,as the Erichs say.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If Brexit turns out to be a disaster,they will feel better about their EU-inflicted poverty and mass unemployment.Schadenfreude,as the Erichs say.

I thought you swivel eyed looney wankers thought it couldn't possibly be a disaster.

Starting to get second thoughts or burying your twattish head further up your arse?

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Simple to blame everything on Brexit, like lazy journalists do.Babcocks in Scotland made redundancies last year which was blamed on Brexit,but it was just jobs going to more efficient companies with better management.

Simpler and lazier for Brexiteers to repeat their mantras, stories, exultations and trivialities though......

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes. remain voters and some other unfortunate groups will be selected as scapegoats. The no-deal Brexit that they seem to think we can smoothly move to will lead directly to 5 people in my team losing their jobs as well as the immediate end of a project that has created 100s of jobs, but this will be dismissed by them as just more fake news. Their heads are irretrievably stuck up their own arses and they are beyond rational argument.

Are all your sales EU based then. Couldn't you have branched out into other markets not affected by Brexit. My Brother in Law now runs a company in Cambridge making electronic connectors with a turnover or 5-6m and they have gone to America and the far east for new markets and covered what they could lose with brexit

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Whilst many leavers I've spoken have "good" reasons, unfortunately what this thread exposes is bitterness.

It's sad that the reason for many to leave wasn't to make their own lives better but simply to make others worse.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I thought you swivel eyed looney wankers thought it couldn't possibly be a disaster.

Starting to get second thoughts or burying your twattish head further up your arse?

After all this time,you still think I voted Remain?:laugh:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whatever pleases you cupcake, I have faith in a nation on the correct side of history, we will look back on this in 10 years and will not believe that a tantrum throwing minority nearly convinced the powers that be that the quiet majority were wrong.

I hope I am wrong and you are right, it would help if someone could give me more than "have faith" though. Got anything?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Are all your sales EU based then. Couldn't you have branched out into other markets not affected by Brexit. My Brother in Law now runs a company in Cambridge making electronic connectors with a turnover or 5-6m and they have gone to America and the far east for new markets and covered what they could lose with brexit

Whilst we are still members of the EU. Would he not be better off if he could add these new markets, rather than need them to replace losses from Brexit?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

I manage an entrepreneur support centre in a public sector organisation. This is an EU funded knowledge and skills sharing project for entrepreneurs which enables us to offer a wider range of opportunities to our users and to bring in qualified staff and additional money. The 5 jobs are directly funded by it. The problem we have is the uncertainty of planning for scenarios that are now less than 3 months away and that will have major impacts on the next few years. Your point about looking outside the EU is well made and we have been been doing this for many years with some success but the reality is that the proximity of European partners and the framework for co-operation that projects like this provides has meant that these have been the most successful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It won't the EU has already royally fuked them.

Nobody forced them to offer retirement on good pensions at 55, or join the euro. They were in a right royal state, before, so the EU enforced strict rules to get them back on track, just like Britain had to do under the IMF in the 70s, when we had rampant inflation.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Nobody forced them to offer retirement on good pensions at 55, or join the euro. They were in a right royal state, before, so the EU enforced strict rules to get them back on track, just like Britain had to do under the IMF in the 70s, when we had rampant inflation.

Looking after themselves you mean and the holding them ransom to accept the migrants to save further embarrassment to Merkel. Great deal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here