Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And for the last 10 years and more,we have been declining in the EU.Time to leave nanny behind,and grow up.

The last 10 years has been Austerity Britain, following a financial crash, allowed to happen through lax regulation here and in the states.
Please realise that Rees-Mogg, Farage etc. are promoting less regulation, less harmonisation and whilst that might promote a boom, it will be followed by the bust. They are the people that make money, whichever way the wind blows, because they can move money. Most of us are tied entirely to our domestic economy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He won't see it, even if it is staring him in the face. I am sure a couple of my friends who have just been made redundant as a consequence of looming Brexit would try and persuade him that his breezy, facile optimism is misplaced - but he is obviously under no threat and so doesn't care.....
Ironically the rapidly emerging triumphalism from several Brexiteers (some on here) is almost guaranteed to ensure the country remains fractured and disagreeable for years to come.

Whatever happens, we will need some way to come together; such vacuous, chauvinistic displays will never do it.

I agree. 30 redundancies at my husband's place this month, out of a workforce of 165. He is ok, for now.

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
I agree. 30 redundancies at my husband's place this month, out of a workforce of 165. He is ok, for now.

....but there is an element on here who are determined to blank it out and infer it is a fiction. No doubt if they are retired or unaffected they will continue to celebrate the promise of Brexit with unrestrained delight - and undermine any possibility of 'coming together' in the foreseeable future.

Future dysfunctionality and economic downturn can then be safely and easily blamed on the ill-will of remain voters. Simple.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
People should really do some research before commenting. "No, no" you remainers say, "We'd rather obfuscate and 'troll' the suggestion, regardless that we make ourselves look daft!"

which suggestion a replay of operation dynamo or the more surreal Seaborne Freight option which looks like a scam?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
....but there is an element on here who are determined to blank it out and infer it is a fiction. No doubt if they are retired or unaffected they will continue to celebrate the promise of Brexit with unrestrained delight - and undermine any possibility of 'coming together' in the foreseeable future.

Future dysfunctionality and economic downturn can then be safely and easily blamed on the ill-will of remain voters. Simple.

An interesting article from Spiegel, that I have some sympathy with. Britain is so divided now, that perhaps going along with Brexit, may eventually help unify people when they realise that Utopia isn't within their grasp, and that it isn't as easy as they thought.
http://www.spiegel.de/international...-should-be-no-exit-from-brexit-a-1243405.html

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
And I know what BETTER THINGS TO DO ON NYE means. I also know what living in SWINDON means. If you want a hint, it begins with L and ends in OSER.

Happy new year my friend.

So the man who has better things to do on NYE then posts on NYE at 03:16..........#****.
and then there is the person who thinks that wherever they live is better than everywhere else.....#tosser......

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's nothing to do with the French or other companies. Trading agreements are in place now, and then will be ripped up, if there is no deal.

TM says she is very clear and confident her deal will go through, but is spending millions on contingency plans in case it doesn't. It appears to be a form of blackmail to other MPs that it's her way or chaos.
That's it in a nutshell.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Another question, as I like playing Devil's advocate. Could this all be another Millennium Bug scenario, you know when everyone's computers would stop working, traffic lights would fail and planes would fall from the sky!!!

Did any of that happen. No, but some people got very rich from the scare scenarios.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We should have every contingency in place, tried and tested.

Failing Grayling is not the individual who inspires any confidence, of course.

Gagging orders relevant to contingency planning though are really less than helpful.
100% this. As an aside, in any normal walk of life, who would put Grayling in charge of ANYTHING? I'm struggling to think of a less competent politician in history (despite there being hundreds of utterly useless ones). What a complete gimp.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Another question, as I like playing Devil's advocate. Could this all be another Millennium Bug scenario, you know when everyone's computers would stop working, traffic lights would fail and planes would fall from the sky!!!

Did any of that happen. No, but some people got very rich from the scare scenarios.
No. No it couldn't. It's real.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

Yes. remain voters and some other unfortunate groups will be selected as scapegoats. The no-deal Brexit that they seem to think we can smoothly move to will lead directly to 5 people in my team losing their jobs as well as the immediate end of a project that has created 100s of jobs, but this will be dismissed by them as just more fake news. Their heads are irretrievably stuck up their own arses and they are beyond rational argument.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The last 10 years has been Austerity Britain, following a financial crash, allowed to happen through lax regulation here and in the states.
Please realise that Rees-Mogg, Farage etc. are promoting less regulation, less harmonisation and whilst that might promote a boom, it will be followed by the bust. They are the people that make money, whichever way the wind blows, because they can move money. Most of us are tied entirely to our domestic economy.

Just fancy that,eh.What do they call austerity in most of the EU?Budgetary realignment perhaps.Chin up all you Greek chappies,it will be better in 2032,or maybe 42.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You're the one with all the stories - you carry on telling them, but don't expct to win new friends and influence people.... you're not very good at that

Trying to get your post count up before we Leave,or do you live in an echo chamber?

thick.png

cut.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here