Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just got back from a lovely day out, dinner, and a couple more Riojas than planned.

Hope nobody made a complete tit of themselves while I was out ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got back from a lovely day out, dinner, and a couple more Riojas than planned.

:lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
An absolutely embarrassing post, and a perfect example of everything that is wrong with modern day Britain.

Going back a few years, there was a poll on NSC about how we defined ourselves, British, English or European I think were the options. I was quite surprised that a significant minority of people defined themselves as European, so as I used to spend the summers photographing hotels and resorts all over Europe I thought that I'd ask people that I met (usually groups of people in their 20's) how they thought of themselves, whether they thought of themselves firstly as French/German/Spanish etc or as Firstly European. Nobody throughout the summer in the many resorts that I was in defined themselves as European, everyone that I spoke to said they thought of themselves firstly as German/ Spanish/French etc. In fact the French particularly used to get indignant and irritated that the question was even asked.

It's so depressing:nono:

A perfect example of everything that is wrong with modern Britain? Feeling European? Possibly a symptom, not the cause though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, I'm talking about personal identity, which is a binary choice for me and many others.

Should Chris Hughton declare himself English, Irish, Ghanaian or other, in your view?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Nope. A perfect example of hysterical bedwettery.

I feel I am living in a different country to the one I thought I lived in. What I can't get is how millions of working class people feel they have more in common with Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage than a Polish plumber. I know who I want to see the back of.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this our last Ryder Cup? :jester:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Tit.

larus

Can any of the remainers on here explain to me how they think they’re going to get another vote on stopping Brexit?

Serious question. No replies needed about identify or loss of ‘freedom’, etc.

The Tories won’t give another vote.
Labour have fudged the clause which will be voted on tomorrow to be woolly again, but McDonald was clear, as has McClucky been, that remaining in the EU is not an option even if they have another vote. Corbyn is Anti EU (he’s voted against it EVERY time when he was a back bencher). Labour has been able to sit on the fence and let the Tories squabble over this, but news reports state that they are as divided as the Tories. If they were in power, it would likely be as much of a bodge as Remainer TM is making of it.

We’re leaving 29th March, either with or without a transition deal. Once we’ve left, we’d have to apply to join again.

I understand that you want to remain.
I understand you think it will be a disaster.
But how/when do you think this new vote will/could get called if both parties appear to be against it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I feel I am living in a different country to the one I thought I lived in. What I can't get is how millions of working class people feel they have more in common with Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage than a Polish plumber. I know who I want to see the back of.

It will come as news to most leavers that they apparently (in your mind) voted to see the back of Polish plumbers. Most thought they were voting to leave the EU.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Can any of the remainers on here explain to me how they think they’re going to get another vote on stopping Brexit?

Serious question. No replies needed about identify or loss of ‘freedom’, etc.

The Tories won’t give another vote.
Labour have fudged the clause which will be voted on tomorrow to be woolly again, but McDonald was clear, as has McClucky been, that remaining in the EU is not an option even if they have another vote. Corbyn is Anti EU (he’s voted against it EVERY time when he was a back bencher). Labour has been able to sit on the fence and let the Tories squabble over this, but news reports state that they are as divided as the Tories. If they were in power, it would likely be as much of a bodge as Remainer TM is making of it.

We’re leaving 29th March, either with or without a transition deal. Once we’ve left, we’d have to apply to join again.

I understand that you want to remain.
I understand you think it will be a disaster.
But how/when do you think this new vote will/could get called if both parties appear to be against it?

Wait and see what happens in parliament in January if we're at a no deal stage, because it'll be up to parliament as a whole to decide if remaining in The EU is to be an option on a ballot paper, if a further vote takes place at all of course, not Corbyn, McDonnell or McCluskey.

Assuming that doesn't happen though, and the Article 50 period isn't extended and we just leave with no deal on March 29th, we'll be joining EFTA and The EEA for a time limited period at least soon enough, as no deal is just not sustainable, not rejoining The EU.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Most didn't. The vote was swayed by fears regarding immigration. Leavers are rushing to say lately for most it was all about leaving the EU institution. Thats bollocks., and they know it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here