Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder whether Amex pies will count toward our food rations this time next season?

Jan 30, 2008
I agree that Donald Tusk wass a fool for posting that "Cherry on the cake" picture of his on social media. This is no time for jokes, and yet by doing so he betrays the EU's true feeling on May and her team.

He's now given the UK pro-Brexit media ammunition to attack the EU as arrogant.
Really, who would have thought that
regards
DR

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
About the only good thing in her speech was that she didn't have a coughing fit and the flags didn't fall over.

Some world leaders have an aura of statesmanship around them, Mrs May seems like she's stumbled into the wring meeting but tries to get by as she is too scared to admit she's made a mistake

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
About the only good thing in her speech was that she didn't have a coughing fit and the flags didn't fall over.

Some world leaders have an aura of statesmanship around them, Mrs May seems like she's stumbled into the wring meeting but tries to get by as she is too scared to admit she's made a mistake

I agree. She has the same level of ease making these statements as a nervous Best Man or, as in today's case with the black jacket, an insincere niece delivering a eulogy for her dead aunt.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So the EU didn't like her threatening manner or the way she tried to act tough in Salzburg so she just doubles up on it, pathetic excuse for a Prime Minister

Her reported line to the leaders in Salzburg in regards to Northern Ireland of 'can you imagine how would you feel if your country was split in two?' when you've got leaders present from The Republic of Ireland, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia not to mention her Austrian hosts and new best friend from Hungary. She's clueless.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I can’t see a way out of this other than another referendum between:

1. The EU proposal (or whatever that ends up being), that supposedly wouldn't reflect the original referendum result; and
2. No deal.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I thought she was pretty hopeless. What was all that about? It came across as someone having a hissy fit because she was (perhaps) ignored at the summit. I thought it was unwise: strident and rather pointless. And if the intention was to make her look strong then it was counterproductive.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Brilliant. It is About time she grew a pair of bollocks.

Reading between the lines, it appears she has walked away from negotiations.

About ******** time!

Let the EU come to us now.

You cannot put a proposal across and have it rejected, without the other side offering a solution.

She is a weak PM, but I think from the very beginning a deal with this bunch of muppets was never going to happen.

When the head negotiator of EU makes a post on social media like Tusk did today, you know you have no chance of getting anywhere with this bunch of idiots.

Even if you think Tusks post has been mis-interpreted, the point is it shouldn't have been made, and if this is the head negotiator of 27 countries, and that's the way he acts, we may as well walk away now and go full steam ahead for exiting without a deal.

Let's start by allowing Brits living in Europe time to prepare and get themselves sorted out. We can use WTO rules and move earlier into a much larger and stronger market.

And everyone, pull together, get over the fact you will never ever get a second referendum. It simply will not happen,

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
About time she grew a pair of bollocks.

About ******** time!

You cannot put a proposal across and have it rejected, without the other side offering a solution.

She is a weak PM, but I think from the very beginning a deal with this bunch of muppets was never going to happen.

When the head negotiator of EU makes a post on social media like Tusk did today, you know you have no chance of getting anywhere with this bunch of idiots.

Even if you think Tusks post has been mis-interpreted, the point is it shouldn't have been made, and if this is the head negotiator of 27 countries, and that's the way he acts, we may as well walk away now and go full steam ahead for exiting without a deal.

Let's start by allowing Brits living in Europe time to prepare and get themselves sorted out. We can use WTO rules and move earlier into a much larger and stronger market.

And everyone, pull together, get over the fact you will never ever get a second referendum. It simply will not happen,
THIS
regards
DR

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
About time she grew a pair of bollocks.

About ******** time!

Spot on, almost exactly what I was going to post. FINALLY she has grown a backbone and realised what a bunch of tossers they are and decided to stand up to them. I'm happy with her for the first time in this whole nonsense.

She now needs to stick to this completely, no last minute compromise, no deal is considerably better than a bad deal.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
"The pound is on course for its biggest one-day drop in 2018 against the dollar, after Theresa May said Brexit negotiations with the EU had reached an “impasse”.

Traders took fright as May’s comments were taken as a sign that a no deal Brexit is an increasingly likely outcome of talks, creating uncertainty which unsettles traders.

Sterling’s losses accelerated as the prime minister spoke and the pound is now down 1.5% or two cents against the dollar at $1.3062 and down 1.2% against the euro at €1.1131."

Well that went well.

D

Deleted member 22389

I thought she was pretty hopeless. What was all that about? It came across as someone having a hissy fit because she was (perhaps) ignored at the summit. I thought it was unwise: strident and rather pointless. And if the intention was to make her look strong then it was counterproductive.

Could you do any better given the position. I think most of us would have quit through the stress of it all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope she briefed her husband so he could warn his hedge fund mates the pound was about to dive. I've got so cynical about the whole process it wouldn't surprise me if the 20 minute power loss was really giving the city boys time to place their bets.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
"The pound is on course for its biggest one-day drop in 2018 against the dollar, after Theresa May said Brexit negotiations with the EU had reached an “impasse”.

Traders took fright as May’s comments were taken as a sign that a no deal Brexit is an increasingly likely outcome of talks, creating uncertainty which unsettles traders.

Sterling’s losses accelerated as the prime minister spoke and the pound is now down 1.5% or two cents against the dollar at $1.3062 and down 1.2% against the euro at €1.1131."

Well that went well.

It was always going to happen. But it's still ahead on the start of the month, so not as bad as I expected it to be. When the traders stop panicing, and the dust settles it will regain some of the losses.

The EU is a dead duck with us. Its a dead duck with us. In the next few years the EU will crash like never before.

larus

The first thing she should have said back in March 2017 was that all 3 million EU migrants living here are safe, secure and welcome. That would have reassured them and set the tone for constructive talks.

Saying it now when many of those 3 million have had second thoughts on staying, been scared shitless or somewhere in between just highlights her poor judgement throughout the process.

If only the EU had done the same for our citizens eh!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
They won't.

It's *no deal* now.

Hope so. Let's hope she confirms it in the next week or so, so we can all pull together and get on with it.

I wish she took this stance a year ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here