Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
France's voting system meant it became a flat-out race between Macron and a flat out racist
Most of those I know on the left in france held their noses and voted for Macron to keep Le Pen out. I'd have done the same. It doesn't mean they like Macron or support his centre right policies. In fact they largely despise him, seeing him as a Tony Blair figure - all charisma, no substance and mesmerized by glamour and wealth.

And his popularity is plummeting very very fast as far as i can tell.
Is there any proof of her being racist as most don't actually know what a racist is?
If she was actually racist she would have been arrested NO?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
France's voting system meant it became a flat-out race between Macron and a flat out racist
Most of those I know on the left in france held their noses and voted for Macron to keep Le Pen out. I'd have done the same. It doesn't mean they like Macron or support his centre right policies. In fact they largely despise him, seeing him as a Tony Blair figure - all charisma, no substance and mesmerized by glamour and wealth.

And his popularity is plummeting very very fast as far as i can tell.

Ah,that explains why Marine le Pen lost.If she had put some effort in,instead of being flat-out,she might have beaten Macron.Was she unwell?
Talking of racists,I see the Paris police have caught that Arab who punched that poor woman in the face.Don't suppose he will get prosecuted though,bound to be mentally ill.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder what sort of idiot would, when given the choice between keeping 46% of their money or 100% of their money, opt for the 46%?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1032710030020235265[/tweet]

Just how many interviews end with a long silence when the Brexiteer is asked for a closing comment?

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes and that's 55% of exports from EU countries too us that never gets mentioned in this country.People need to remember it's a two way street but the media and remainers never mention the impact it will have on the EU.???

It is 55% of our imports but only 16% of "their" exports, it is a two way street, but the EU has a bigger street with the US. The FTA with Japan that will soon come into force gives the EU access to an economy almost twice the size of ours, so they might not miss us quite as much as we will miss them. You don't care anyway though, do you?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Yes and that's 55% of exports from EU countries too us that never gets mentioned in this country.People need to remember it's a two way street but the media and remainers never mention the impact it will have on the EU.???

For countries remaining in the EU, it is just one nation they are losing the trade deal with. For us, it's 20plus countries. That is not meant to be inflammatory, just stating a fact that it is a bigger loss for us.

Admittedly the UK is one of the larger economies, but are people going to stop buying VW and Bosch and BMW and Mercedes and Braun ….. and yes, I know they are all German...…. or Roquefort, or Brie, or Parma Ham, or etc etc..

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I wonder what sort of idiot would, when given the choice between keeping 46% of their money or 100% of their money, opt for the 46%?

A Remainer,obviously.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
For countries remaining in the EU, it is just one nation they are losing the trade deal with. For us, it's 20plus countries. That is not meant to be inflammatory, just stating a fact that it is a bigger loss for us.

Admittedly the UK is one of the larger economies, but are people going to stop buying VW and Bosch and BMW and Mercedes and Braun ….. and yes, I know they are all German...…. or Roquefort, or Brie, or Parma Ham, or etc etc..

I love the way you lot think there will be NO trade with the EU after Brexit.Intelligent people have already stopped buying German cars over health and safety issues.I dare say it might slow down the Euro groupies it they get a 25% tariff slapped on the top.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I love the way you lot think there will be NO trade with the EU after Brexit.Intelligent people have already stopped buying German cars over health and safety issues.I dare say it might slow down the Euro groupies it they get a 25% tariff slapped on the top.

This is quite an interesting point. I'm not sure what projections or forecasts have been made and what assumptions they are based on. It could well be unknowable at this stage. Perhaps Mr Hammond has a model but I've never seen it. Much would depend on the 'deal' (or no deal).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Of course not, it will just cost a lot more.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Bereft, many will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I understand it May's trip to Africa is focussed on us investing further in them via more nuanced way of allocating our existing foreign aid budget. Now this might be great for all sorts of reasons, but it's not a trade deal as such. Like most of Mrs May's endeavours I don't think it's really much to get excited about. And yet if we do 'crash out' with a hard no deal Brexit we will be desperately looking for trade deals to take up the slack almost overnight. Seriously scary.

larus

And do you think that even without a trade deal our exports to the EU will stop? Really? Wow.

Because that’s the impression you appear to be trying to give.

larus

Of course not, it will just cost a lot more.

Of course, things like steel suffer from WTO rates of - wait for it - drum-roll. A whole whopping 0% (that’s not even 0% rounded).

It depends on the products, and it depends if WE choose to add tariffs. It’s a TAX we can CHOOSE to apply if we want to. We just need to be consistent with applying tariffs on products and not favour any country/block, but we can choose which products we apply tariffs to.

So stuff we don’t manufacture/grow, we can choose to apply zero tariffs.

larus

As I understand it May's trip to Africa is focussed on us investing further in them via more nuanced way of allocating our existing foreign aid budget. Now this might be great for all sorts of reasons, but it's not a trade deal as such. Like most of Mrs May's endeavours I don't think it's really much to get excited about. And yet if we do 'crash out' with a hard no deal Brexit we will be desperately looking for trade deals to take up the slack almost overnight. Seriously scary.

How much trade do you expect the U.K. to lose when we crash out? Just because there’s not a FTA in place does not mean that the trade stops. Remainers are trying to imply that the trade we do with the EU will cease, but that is complete b*llocks.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Why!? If it helps Africa and is not just us ripping them off its a good thing.

Apoplectic with rage a lot of them will be,doesn’t quite fit into “the world ends and we will be eating our young by the middle of April scenario .”
On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here