Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Dave there is nothing to worry about.
On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In your view then, in the event of a no deal scenario on the loss of passporting rights for British insurers in Europe and their billions in policy liabilities, what happens?

A. Do you think this will cause problems and major challenges to global financial services and, along with other such issues, precipitate another financial crisis and more austerity and then Prime Minister Johnson or Rees-Mogg rightly goes against the concerns of bleeding heart liberal do gooding grizzlers, such as Caroline Lucas, Stephen Lloyd and Peter Kyle, to name but 3 Sussex MP's of that persuasion, and perhaps point out that 'Universal Credit means Universal Credit' and everyone, whether they're a job seeker, a paraplegic, a long term mental health claimant, a sufferer of severe learning difficulties or just sadly terminally ill, has to get by on £50 a week now - because Brexit means Brexit/it's in our strategic national interest/work always pays/immigrants in'it etc?

B. On our way?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
IF, COULD, MIGHT, AND MAYBE, no idea give me a clue :shrug:
regards
DR

I clearly said - in the event of a no deal scenario on the loss of passporting rights for British insurers in Europe and their billions in policy liabilities. No ifs, coulds, mights, maybes - The loss of passporting rights to British insurers and their liabilities. What's your view then as you advocate a no deal? Surely you'd thought that through?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Theres no smart arse retort at all. Im simply proving that Brexiteers have no answers. No smart arse retort is needed really.
So, Brexiteers voted for something that that dont know the outcome of? Brilliant. Thanks.

Dave,I’m not a brexiteer,I voted to leave the EU, as much as it contorts you with rage it was My democratic right to do so, just as it was yours to vote remain, the horse I backed won, it looks increasingly likely that the EU negotiating team have no interest in offering us an acceptable deal therefore the UK will have to leave on WTO rules,I would imagine that there is frantic planning going on,it will be ok,two years from now we’ll look back and be pleased to be the first of many to step off the sinking ship.
We’re on our way.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dave,I’m not a brexiteer,I voted to leave the EU, as much as it contorts you with rage it was My democratic right to do so, just as it was yours to vote remain, the horse I backed won, it looks increasingly likely that the EU negotiating team have no interest in offering us an acceptable deal therefore the UK will have to leave on WTO rules,I would imagine that there is frantic planning going on,it will be ok,two years from now we’ll look back and be pleased to be the first of many to step off the sinking ship.
We’re on our way.

Contorted with rage? haha You really are a drama queen.

Another one for the Brexit mantra!!! 'I would imagine'.

Tell me about trading under WTO regulations and how it works.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How was it possible to vote for a no deal brexit or vote for a TM brexit?
Was there another question on the back of the ballot paper? I thought remainers insisted there was a simple IN/OUT with absolutely nothing else attached to that question.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
How was it possible to vote for a no deal brexit or vote for a TM brexit?
Was there another question on the back of the ballot paper? I thought remainers insisted there was a simple IN/OUT with absolutely nothing else attached to that question.

There's the no deal/WTO/The Red White and Blue/The Brexit means Brexit/The Chequers One/The Mansion House 1/Mansion House 2/Norway/Canada/Jersey Option/Deep and Special Partnership/The Florence/The DUP **** over The Feinans one - It's anything you want Pasta.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There's the no deal/WTO/The Red White and Blue/The Brexit means Brexit/The Chequers One/The Mansion House 1/Mansion House 2/Norway/Canada/Jersey Option/Deep and Special Partnership/The Florence/The DUP **** over The Feinans one - It's anything you want Pasta.

This is what i thought.
"you voted for a no deal brexit" is obviously bunkum then.
Some people must be desperate.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This is what i thought.
"you voted for a no deal brexit" is obviously bunkum then.
Some people must be desperate.

“Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?”

The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?”

“I don’t know,” Alice answered.

“Then,” said the cat, “it really doesn’t matter, does it?”

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Theres no smart arse retort at all. Im simply proving that Brexiteers have no answers, when asked about the intricacies of trading under WTO. No smart arse retort is needed really.
So, Brexiteers voted for something that they dont know the outcome of? Brilliant. Thanks.
Im not, and I doubt ANY remainers are hoping and praying for a bad outcome. We want the best for the country and its people, some plan that involves.. 'no one truly knows' is not a confidence building plan.
You can put yourselves out of 'misery' by explaining how it will work.

David, I’m just a humble Sales Director. I’m not involved in negotiating the intricacies of the UK trading under WTO. To be honest, with a young family I haven’t got the time either. However, I have every confidence that however turbulent a disorderly exit may be in the short term we’ll recover quickly and go on to be an even more prosperous nation than we currently are. I suspect most leave voters took a mid to long term view, rather than shitting themselves about day 1 after Brexit.

We’re on our way and I can’t wait. #Excited

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
David, I’m just a humble Sales Director. I’m not involved in negotiating the intricacies of the UK trading under WTO. To be honest, with a young family I haven’t got the time either. However, I have every confidence that however turbulent a disorderly exit may be in the short term we’ll recover quickly and go on to be an even more prosperous nation than we currently are.I suspect most leave voters took a mid to long term view, rather than shitting themselves about day 1 after Brexit.

True, even the Moggster doesn't think we will appreciate the benefits for 50 years, something for your young family to look forward too :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
David, I’m just a humble Sales Director. I’m not involved in negotiating the intricacies of the UK trading under WTO. To be honest, with a young family I haven’t got the time either. However, I have every confidence that however turbulent a disorderly exit may be in the short term we’ll recover quickly and go on to be an even more prosperous nation than we currently are. I suspect most leave voters took a mid to long term view, rather than shitting themselves about day 1 after Brexit.

Without any evidence that we will be better off save the pound falling through the floor and making your products cheaper to the Europeans and Americans to buy, which as a sales director you must be creaming your self about, I admire your optimism.

Good luck.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
True, even the Moggster doesn't think we will appreciate the benefits for 50 years, something for your young family to look forward too :thumbsup:

Absolutely, with kids born now in the UK expected to live to 100 (ignoring the fact we’re all going to die on 30.03.19), I’d say even this extreme long term view sounds good. BRExciting times ahead.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

Having worked with and employed numerous 'humble sales directors' (aren't they the only kind?) over the years I have a little career advice which I hope will help you and your young family in the coming years.

Recognising that you don't understand a situation can be a strength. Assuming, therefor that because you don't understand it, nobody else does is almost certainly a weakness :smile:

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I'm sorry but I think that you are wrong, I don't believe that most leave voters had a view, either short, mid or long term, they just went running to the booth, frothing at the mouth, desperate to leave without thinking about anything, except immigration and 350 million for the NHS.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
We’re on our way.

You imagine frantic planning is going on?

With an imagination like that have you ever considered a future in fantasy writing? I'm sure there's a few on here who would vouch for your experience in the field :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I quite like the vibe on here now. Except for the really vicious, personal posters (you know who you are guys, chill yeah?) all the other Leave voters are now on a kind of "Yeah, we did **** this up didn't we" vibe. It's funny and good to see them being a bit humble now. Well done and again, I'm sorry we, as remainers. didn't give a good enough case for you to be able to see the mistake you were making. Hindsight and all that.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Having worked with and employed numerous 'humble sales directors' (aren't they the only kind?) over the years I have a little career advice which I hope will help you and your young family in the coming years.

Recognising that you don't understand a situation can be a strength. Assuming, therefor that because you don't understand it, nobody else does is almost certainly a weakness :smile:

I’m sure you mean well but I’m not the sort of bloke to take career advice from random poster on an internet message board. Enjoy your night and enjoy Brexit.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
“Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?”

The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?”

“I don’t know,” Alice answered.

“Then,” said the cat, “it really doesn’t matter, does it?”

Yikes! bastardising a fine piece of existing literature with some poorly clobbered together invented imitation of the original might suit the instagram generation, but it really should be frowned upon :down:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

A realistic and accurate assessment. This thread provides ample evidence that continually soiling underwear is an unfortunate affliction for remoaners, undemocratic loons, federalist types .. bless em.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here