Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I've stated them on here plenty of times but here you are again ....

Out of the customs union
Out of the single market
Out of the EU cometely
No surpemacy of the European Court
No payments to the EU after leaving
No second referendum unless the two options are accept the deal agreed or exit with no deal

I accept I'm unlikely to get all my wishes

Fair enough, so starting afresh, how long will it take to re-negotiate all the current trade deals we have, and any new ones.
Should the youth of the country expect sunny slopes of paradise in the near future or in several decades?

...whilst considering that the last two years have produced **** all

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So you voted for something you didn't understand, but never mind, easiest deal in history, they need us more than we need them etc etc,

So then, 2 and a bit years later when the chequers proposal was finally made, and you understood what you'd voted for, didn't want it and it was all someone else's fault

So you didn't like the result, quick NO DEAL, NO DEAL - In a few months time, you'll understand what that means, won't like it and that will all be someone else's fault

This was exactly what you voted for.

FFS You make Pretty pink fairy look like a political Brexit heavyweight - At least he has always said 'no deal' :lolol:

Quite. The thing is, if you make a few errors about basic assumptions, how things work, etc., then you can end up in a complete muddle. If thinking is something for which you have only limited time and patience, and conflate what you think will happen with what you hope will happen, then it is bound to end in tears before bedtime.

You don't get the likes of Tony Bloom gobbing off about Brexit, let alone trying to persuade people how great it will be (getting our stadium back, British jobs for British footballers, controlling our turnstiles, etc).

In political terms, the Michael Foot labour manifesto of the early 80s was described as the longest suicide note in history. The Brexit process seems to me to be the longest suicide in history.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whatever that is. Brexiteers still dont know, the government still dont know, but lets rush headlong towards it regardless.

It means Brexit. What is it that you snowflakes don't get? We get control, and the Europeans will come begging to make deals with the greatest country in the world. And don't side track it with nonsense about the border with Ireland. You're just talking Britain down. :angry:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Any chance you could just crack on with this project unilaterally?

If only !!!!

Fair enough, so starting afresh, how long will it take to re-negotiate all the current trade deals we have, and any new ones.
Should the youth of the country expect sunny slopes of paradise in the near future or in several decades?

...whilst considering that the last two years have produced **** all

No idea - the 2 years is an EU rule though. I don't think we can use the last two years as an accurate measure given this government a bunch of f**kwits.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
2 years!! Its not going to end well is it, especially considering countries we will be doing deals with will be under no pressure really, and im talking about deals away from the EU presently.. Do you think it will kill the UK economy?
Also, regarding the government, do you think the same government will be in place when we leave?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
2 years!! Its not going to end well is it, especially considering countries we will be doing deals with will be under no pressure really, and im talking about deals away from the EU presently.. Do you think it will kill the UK economy?
Also, regarding the government, do you think the same government will be in place when we leave?

I don't think the economy will collapse no - even the BoE don't think it will.

As for the government, I think May will struggle through to March and once we've left she will be removed and replaced ..... probably by Gove.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I don't think the economy will collapse no - even the BoE don't think it will.

As for the government, I think May will struggle through to March and once we've left she will be removed and replaced ..... probably by Gove.

BoE has been dismissed several times by Brexiteers in this thread as being wrong about other things.
I cant even imagine Gove as Prime Minister tbh.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
... this government a bunch of f**kwits.

That much is true. But where is a UK government that isn't composed on f**kwits supposed to spring from suddenly to lead us out of this mess? I don't see any candidates on any horizon.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The cluster has been created by remainers trying to sabotage a democratic vote. I think you have fingers in your ears pretending it never happened although yours is more head up your Arse cause you seem to talk out of it enough

Oh dear. Reality bites and the insults fly from Leave voters. You poor sods.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
BoE has been dismissed several times by Brexiteers in this thread as being wrong about other things.
I cant even imagine Gove as Prime Minister tbh.

Carney has been wrong a number of times - he hasn't been wrong everytime. As for Gove, he's doing a decent job at environment ( wiping out memories of his time at Education ) - I'm not a fan as such but I can see him being popular with Tory MPs as a unifying PM. I suspect he'd be far more preferred than characters like BJ or JRM.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, it will be interesting to see how the UKs special relationship (snigger) with the US plays out with crackpot Trump’s assertion that anyone doing business with Iran will not do business with the US. Will U.K. businesses get a waiver?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Must be pure luck I have never had an internet virus or any problems with my account being hacked.We can all scrap Avast,AVG,etc.-waste of money.:bowdown:Oh,and I imagined my browser gave me warnings.

No, that will definitely be because you don't post links on NSC :facepalm:

I can see you're definitely not the sort of person who gets taken in by a bit of bullshit :)

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The argument for and against a second referendum might hinge on the number of deaths in the past two years of individuals who were statistically likley to have voted leave, using figures collected In 2014, the UK death rate was 9.34 per 1000. If we multiply this by the 64.1 million population of the UK we see that the total number of deaths in 2014 is 598,694. By dividing the annual figure by 365 we can see that the daily figure for deaths in the UK is approximately 1,640 people per day, everyday. It's been774 days since the referendum so a total of nearly 1.3 million people have passed away the odds of a second referendum with the remain vote winning are improving all the time 😆

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The argument for and against a second referendum might hinge on the number of deaths in the past two years of individuals who were statistically likley to have voted leave, using figures collected In 2014, the UK death rate was 9.34 per 1000. If we multiply this by the 64.1 million population of the UK we see that the total number of deaths in 2014 is 598,694. By dividing the annual figure by 365 we can see that the daily figure for deaths in the UK is approximately 1,640 people per day, everyday. It's been774 days since the referendum so a total of nearly 1.3 million people have passed away the odds of a second referendum with the remain vote winning are improving all the time ��

A nice read, made even better by the realisation that two Brexiteers died whilst I was reading it :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The argument for and against a second referendum might hinge on the number of deaths in the past two years of individuals who were statistically likley to have voted leave, using figures collected In 2014, the UK death rate was 9.34 per 1000. If we multiply this by the 64.1 million population of the UK we see that the total number of deaths in 2014 is 598,694. By dividing the annual figure by 365 we can see that the daily figure for deaths in the UK is approximately 1,640 people per day, everyday. It's been774 days since the referendum so a total of nearly 1.3 million people have passed away the odds of a second referendum with the remain vote winning are improving all the time ��

I don't think the swing in the recent polls is down to mortality rates and voting patterns. I think it's far simpler. After 2 and a bit years, we finally had the meeting at chequers and got to see what 'the easiest deal in history' is starting to look like, and that it may not be as simple as they were told.

A significant proportion of the Leave vote have now gone, 'this is shit, I didn't vote for this' and they are now all shouting for a 'no deal' and looking for someone to blame. However, a significant though, I suspect smaller proportion have gone 'we were stitched up, we may as well stay'.(Purely co-incidentally, this may be the same proportion who have looked into what a 'no deal' will mean).

Over the next few months, it will slowly dawn on the 'no dealers', that negotiating our WTO submission through the various trading blocs in the WTO may not be as straightforward as they were told. The EU are only one of the trading blocs in the WTO ! (Indeed it only took 3 days for USA, New Zealand and Brazil to kick off). In approx 90 days we'll know how many negotiations we will have to run in parallel alongside all the infrastructure requirements which I may have mentioned on 1 or 2 occasions :angel:

Then the big question is who will be to blame for the fact that 'No deal' isn't what they voted for either.

Tick-tock, we're on our way, Brexit means Brexit etc etc :lolol:

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Gove PM !!!

We are all deep in trouble if that happens. There would be no-one worse.

I think we are devoid of inspirational leaders at this time but Gove is an exception I don't like him at all but have to admit he is the most capable of ministers the Tories have

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Remain-voting areas will be hardest-hit by Brexit, research shows

March 27, 2018
Remain-backing parts of Britain will pay the highest price for Brexit’s disruption of British trade, according to new research that said the average person could be £1,700 worse off outside the EU.

http://www.smf.co.uk/remain-voting-areas-brexit/

Interesting, I thought it would be the leave areas. Whitehall still says it will be. I guess none of us win.

Excellent news,but I feel they might have under-estimated the amount.Perhaps they haven't included the tarriffs on the German cars they love so much!:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think we are devoid of inspirational leaders at this time but Gove is an exception I don't like him at all but have to admit he is the most capable of ministers the Tories have

Nah.Jacob for PM,onwards and upwards,back to basics :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here