Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Whilst I don't condone breaking the law this does pose the question to whether the spending rules are balanced and fair.

For example the remain campaign were able to spend 50% more than the leave campaign - and that doesn't even include the £9m the government spent on the dodgy booklet :

View attachment 96815

Hardly a level playing field for the referendum. Then this article makes interesting reading on how, allegedly, the 'establishment' used every resource they had to try and get a remain result.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rules-priti-patel-david-cameron-a8137361.html

What is deliciously hilarious though, is that despite all these extra resources the vote went against them. :lol:

Where did that £425,622 DUP 'dark money' come from though - I'd love to know.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You forgot Peter Gurney and Uncle Tom Cobley...........

Seriously though, do you think they are capable of deporting all three million of them just like that? If so, what is your time scale for them to achieve this? And if they're not EU citizens, what difference does Brexit make? - answer: it doesn't. Of course, that won't stop some people blaming it on Brexit.

They are capable of preventing much needed qualified Indian doctors from getting visas to work here.

There are 82 'ghost' wards (that's 1400 beds) which are empty, not used, because the NHS don't have enough staff to man them.

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-04-13/nhs-hospital-wards-closed/

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If you feel angry about that,how do you feel about this?Or are corrupt crooks from the banking industry ok with you?Slightly larger fine.

View attachment 96816

Very angry, but there isn't a thread about another banking scandal. Feel free to start one. There you can have your 'Whataboutery'.

I wonder if Liz Bilney is going to keep her mouth shut or will she turn Queens evidence?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Very angry, but there isn't a thread about another banking scandal. Feel free to start one. There you can have your 'Whataboutery'.

I wonder if Liz Bilney is going to keep her mouth shut or will she turn Queens evidence?

I'm sure you will know long before me- I have never been bored enough to join the Twitterati.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm sure you will know long before me- I have never been bored enough to join the Twitterati.

I wish I didn't have a chronic health condition which means I have all the time in the world to read up about current affairs. I thought retirement was going to be lovely, visiting friends and places, doing my gardening etc.
So I prevent myself getting bored by reading up about things that are going on.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Agreed, ignoring the referendum vote to Leave would be incredibly damaging, people do not like their democracy ignored.

Oh is see you have an option for ignoring the referendum vote to Leave, that didn’t take long.

Yeah we have already had one of those, remaining in The EU option has already received the least votes, so we can discard that one then already.

We are now left with your remaining two options
1/ Leave with the Government/EU withdrawal deal
2/ Leave without the Government/EU withdrawal deal

The only real question left is, after a withdrawal agreement has been reached, is their enough parliamentary time to set up a new referendum via a new referendum act before the expiry date of Article 50, or should parliament just decide.
Many remainers on here are quite adamant referendums are a bad idea and the decision should be parliaments.

Bit of a waste of time this bit, we have already established the Remain option has already been voted on and lost.

Or stop trying to wreck a democratic vote, that would also stop the division.

Spitting out our “parliamentary system whenever it produces something they don't like” …….you mean like those people that moan about having a referendum in the first place,don’t like losing a referendum and dont like leaving the EU?, A referendum being a product of the parliamentary system along with a vote to commence the process of leaving.

You're still having trouble with the normal usage of the word Ignore I see.

Probably the result of having 50-odd Americans in your ear.

(And no, by 'parliamentary system' I meant 'parliamentary system'. Things only happen in Parliament if the system allows it - what you and the Daily Mail are attacking are the procedures of Parliament. Just as your chums on here are attacking the rule of law. It's all a bit Soviet for for us democrats.)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I wish I didn't have a chronic health condition which means I have all the time in the world to read up about current affairs. I thought retirement was going to be lovely, visiting friends and places, doing my gardening etc.
So I prevent myself getting bored by reading up about things that are going on.

So sorry to hear about your health.Just shows one can never tell who is on the other side of the keyboard.I am sure your service background has stood you in very good stead for old gits like me!Keep smiling and UTA :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh is see you have an option for ignoring the referendum vote to Leave, that didn’t take long.
Let's hope this happens.

As you know, it would probably win because the majority of people will have come to their senses. It's the reason you're all "wah wah wah WE WON SO SUCK IT UP" as if on a matter of such grave importance it might not actually be a worthwhile exercise.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They are capable of preventing much needed qualified Indian doctors from getting visas to work here.

There are 82 'ghost' wards (that's 1400 beds) which are empty, not used, because the NHS don't have enough staff to man them.

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-04-13/nhs-hospital-wards-closed/

given that number is about 1% of the number of beds, and bed occupancy is around 90% of capacity, that sounds like a gross distortion of facts to suit political agendas. here's alot of numbers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You're still having trouble with the normal usage of the word Ignore I see.

Probably the result of having 50-odd Americans in your ear.

(And no, by 'parliamentary system' I meant 'parliamentary system'. Things only happen in Parliament if the system allows it - what you and the Daily Mail are attacking are the procedures of Parliament. Just as your chums on here are attacking the rule of law. It's all a bit Soviet for for us democrats.)

Im not attacking any parliamentary procedure, as usual you opt for mis representing what someone says. Its your natural default.
But glad you have cleared up that when you meant parliamentary system you really meant parliamentary system.
So now back to the crux, we have whittled down your 3 options to 2 as we have already voted on one of them.
We are left with leaving with an agreement or leaving without an agreement. Should we vote on this via a referendum or parliament?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
blah blah blah So now back to the crux, we have whittled down your 3 options to 2 as we have already voted on one of them.
We are left with leaving with an agreement or leaving without an agreement. Should we vote on this via a referendum or parliament?

No, you have. In reality, if the negotiations fail then I can see remaining in the EU rightly being put back on the table. Logically, this is because a conclusion some might reasonably draw is that "we failed to negotiate the better deal that I assumed would happen when I voted out, so we may as well remain".

The fact that you don't like it doesn't change that fact I'm afraid.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Let's hope this happens.

As you know, it would probably win because the majority of people will have come to their senses. It's the reason you're all "wah wah wah WE WON SO SUCK IT UP" as if on a matter of such grave importance it might not actually be a worthwhile exercise.

instead of wah wah wah we won so suck it up?.......see, the importance of parliamentary accountability and the trust the people must have in the system when it delegates the vote to us in a referendum.
But carry on screeching about something you obviously have little concern over.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No, you have. In reality, if the negotiations fail then I can see remaining in the EU rightly being put back on the table. Logically, this is because a conclusion some might reasonably draw is that "we failed to negotiate the better deal that I assumed would happen when I voted out, so we may as well remain".

The fact that you don't like it doesn't change that fact I'm afraid.

yes i have, and over 17m of my fellow citizens did as well.
Thanks for the reminder who won a democratic vote

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good grief are all remoaners on this thread as thick as pig sh*t? 'We' have an export trade policy overseen/vetoed by 27 other countries that all have a say prioritising their demands.

What a rude cvnt you are.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
instead of wah wah wah we won so suck it up?.......see, the importance of parliamentary accountability and the trust the people must have in the system when it delegates the vote to us in a referendum.
But carry on screeching about something you obviously have little concern over.
That's just noise I'm afraid. As I've said, this amounts to nothing more than "but I don't want to be in the EU and we won, so there". You're just one-eyed over leaving the EU, but if it looks like being a complete clusterfck, nobody sane will want it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here