Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If you are buying a house don't exchange till 24/6 just incase...

Go on then, what in that leaflet suggests some issue with the housing market if we vote to leave ?

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
Now that is some emotive horseshit in its own right, did your crystal ball give you that level of blinkered certainty?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not hard to really. The economy will shrink. Jobs will be lost. Simple really.

The people that will suffer the most will be the poorest.

Echoes of the past ..... almost word for word what the pro-Euro people said ..... did their predictions come true ? Did they heck !

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
If you believe that we should have the final say on UK policy and legislative matters, through our own elected parliament, then vote OUT.

If you think that £23million per day ( NET: after our allowances and rebate) could be better spent here in this country, vote OUT.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
One of my Clients (a West Sussex Manufacturer) has sent a Round Robin Letter to his Suppliers telling us why we should Vote In.

1. They do a lot of business with EU Countries and Fear that exiting may affect this (IF YOU ARE SO GOOD AT WHAT YOU MAKE WHY DO YOU THINK ANYONE WILL STOP TRADING WITH YOU?)

2. They get EU Grants to help out their business (AGAIN, WHY SHOULD YOU RELY ON EU GRANTS? AND WHERE DO YOU THINK THE GRANT MONEY HAS COME FROM - POSSIBLY FROM THE UK CONTRIBUTION TO THE EU BUDGET?)

3. They can freely recruit their staff from all other EU countries (AKA CHEAP AS CHIPS POLES ARE GOOD NEWS FOR US, MAYBE NOT SO GOOD FOR THE PEOPLE OF WORTHING AND LANCING WHERE THEY NOW LIVE BUT HEY HO, I LIVE IN WEST CHILTINGTON)

The letter looks soft and adsorbent and that is just how it is going to be treated...

Last edited:

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Echoes of the past ..... almost word for word what the pro-Euro people said ..... did their predictions come true ? Did they heck !

Er, are you aware of how much of a basket case our economy was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
In other words, I just don't know. I thought I was a definite "in" but, as Lawson said on the Marr show, most countries in the world are not in the EU and they seem to be doing OK so why shouldn't we?

I'm not sure I'd have my vote swayed by a bloke who claimed expenses on his main residence aka his cottage in Gascony.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not hard to really. The economy will shrink. Jobs will be lost. Simple really.

The people that will suffer the most will be the poorest.

Really, which ones? Which jobs that the poorest do will be lost?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm not sure I'd have my vote swayed by a bloke who claimed expenses on his main residence aka his cottage in Gascony.

Genuinely Out of interest what is it about the EU that you're desperate to be a part of?

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If you believe that we should have the final say on UK policy and legislative matters, through our own elected parliament, then vote OUT.

If you think that £23million per day ( NET: after our allowances and rebate) could be better spent here in this country, vote OUT.

If you believe that it's not worth depressing our economy and waiting for a 20 year period before we reset to present norms, vote IN.

If you recognize that meaningful policies such as the Living Wage are totally in the hands of nationally elected politicians vote IN.

The roads will not be paved with gold just by voting out. That's not how meaningful change happens. Don't swallow the smokescreen lies and emotional hubris peddled by the leave camp. The EU is not perfect; it needs changing; but even as it is, we are stronger within it.

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Pretty much every sector reliant on the supply chain and indirect sales that come from serving that horrible big business stuff.

It's the way of the world.

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
If you believe that it's not worth depressing our economy and waiting for a 20 year period before we reset to present norms, vote IN.

If you recognize that meaningful policies such as the Living Wage are totally in the hands of nationally elected politicians vote IN.

The roads will not be paved with gold just by voting out. That's not how meaningful change happens. Don't swallow the smokescreen lies and emotional hubris peddled by the leave camp. The EU is not perfect; it needs changing; but even as it is, we are stronger within it.

I am voting out on what I know, on a fact that democracy and self rule are reduced significantly under EU rules. I am also voting out because £23 million per day ( NET) CAN be better spent here.

You reasoning is subjective, a view with as many opposite views as there are similar views,.... I cannot gamble with ifs and maybes, I prefer to act on boiled down facts.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm voting OUT because this is once in a lifetime opportunity to make a change for the good. Feel like there is a grey cloud over the UK at the moment, and will never shift all the time we are being told what to do by Brussels. I want my borders back under control, I feel like the UK is becoming too over populated and that's not good for anyone. I want some space.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Genuinely Out of interest what is it about the EU that you're desperate to be a part of?

My job is based entirely on EU environmental legislation for a start!

But people bang on and on about the cost of the EU being x million per week, without talking about what it is spent on. For example road building projects in the poorest parts of Cornwall and Scotland, and the West Quay development in Newhaven [and elsewhere in Europe, such as in Andalucia]. Would the UK Government have put money into these projects rather than keeping it in London? Would they ****.

But for me, I'm just happy with the way things are. I believe fundamentally in breaking down barriers, in unity, not desolation and devolution.

And no, the EU isn't perfect, far from it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Pretty much every sector reliant on the supply chain and indirect sales that come from serving that horrible big business stuff.

It's the way of the world.

So are you saying we'll no longer trade with Europe if we vote out?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm voting OUT because this is once in a lifetime opportunity to make a change for the good. Feel like there is a grey cloud over the UK at the moment, and will never shift all the time we are being told what to do by Brussels. I want my borders back under control, I feel like the UK is becoming too over populated and that's not good for anyone. I want some space.

OK, to respond to your points, what, in particular do you not like being told to do by Brussels?

And what effect do you think leaving the EU will have on our borders (answer: none)

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am voting out on what I know, on a fact that democracy and self rule are reduced significantly under EU rules. I am also voting out because £23 million per day ( NET) CAN be better spent here.

You reasoning is subjective, a view with as many opposite views as there are similar views,.... I cannot gamble with ifs and maybes, I prefer to act on boiled down facts.

It's very very far from subjective. It's based on cold data. It's based on the risk analysis that has been carried out by the major accountancy firms.

I can be subjective if you like and talk about my belief that as Europeans we are better together, but the hit the economy will take and the fact that the rich will be least impacted by that is just based on the numbers.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Purely from a selfish short-termist point of view:

- I want to be able to work anywhere in the EU, there are some amazing cities and countries that I would like to spend extended periods of time in.
- I don't want my savings to be devalued compared to other currencies as the £ will inevitably drop significantly in the event of a brexit.
- I don't want to stand in the incredibly long 'rest of world' passport queues at European airports.

I'm willing to pay the £138 a year for the privileges of that membership.

The EU institution clearly has problems but you need strong leaders in that organisation to reform it, not hand more economic and political power to the other large EU nations.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My job is based entirely on EU environmental legislation for a start!

But people bang on and on about the cost of the EU being x million per week, without talking about what it is spent on. For example road building projects in the poorest parts of Cornwall and Scotland, and the West Quay development in Newhaven [and elsewhere in Europe, such as in Andalucia]. Would the UK Government have put money into these projects rather than keeping it in London? Would they ****.

But for me, I'm just happy with the way things are. I believe fundamentally in breaking down barriers, in unity, not desolation and devolution.

And no, the EU isn't perfect, far from it.

So the EU makes are government spend money in Cornwall? and if it wasn't for the EU Cornwall would be a wasteland?

Sorry if I sound facetious, I'm not intending to be. Could you expand on it a bit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here