Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
Which Grizzler are you?:lolol:

I'm no grizzler I'm 24!

I've got the whole world to see yet, and if Brexit and this government continue as they are then moving to another country and trying to keep my own EU citizen status, might be a good option. Until it's proven Britain is better off out of a co-operative 27 nation bloc, of course. I might have voted Leave if I trusted the people in charge of this country to do it right. I'm not taking the risk of a no deal situation.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's going to be a very interesting 2 weeks they are trying there very hardest to make a very poor situation worse.
More negotiations
Budget
The unsackable Boris trying to get off the hook with the help of his new best friend Gove, whilst at the same time telling May what to do.
Mean while the poor lady remains in solitary in an Iranian hell hole.
Way to go Britain.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Weird coincidence isn't it ?

Just as we have to negotiate Brexit, it seems there's a dearth of competent politicians willing to step forward and sacrifice their careers

Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
It's going to be a very interesting 2 weeks they are trying there very hardest to make a very poor situation worse.
More negotiations
Budget
The unsackable Boris trying to get off the hook with the help of his new best friend Gove, whilst at the same time telling May what to do.
Mean while the poor lady remains in solitary in an Iranian hell hole.
Way to go Britain.

What about the other 30 british passport holders jailed in Iran?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Last month John Redwood was telling the chancellor to make the treasury forecasts more optimistic, this month he is advising in the FT, those with some cash to play with to take money out of UK investments, and that the European Central Bank controlled areas offer better returns over the next few years.

What a ****.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
They can't do any worse than these cretins in power currently and the further and more brutal austerity carries on, the more inevitable it will be that it's going to happen. When you vote to reduce ESA by £30 a week for cancer patients and bring in Universal Credit to put more children into poverty, it's hardly surprising.

If for nothing else it'll be so worth it though just to see the reaction of the Brexit Tories as their ideologue of Miss Marple Britain/the future Brexit Utopia turns into something a little bit different...........and they helped make it happen.

If you want to talk about cancer patients and government benefits tell the whole story, its quite wicked how some people use cancer in arguements. There is so much help in terms of finance and advice, please don't use such emotive language in this debate, its just wrong. (I am have terminal pancreatic cancer).

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Has Boris commented on them too? God help them.

We do have a diplomatic service, it should not be for the Foreign Secretary to have to comment on all the British passport holders jailed across the world. Should we say nothing on the case and allow her to stay in jail and allow the Iranian Government to dictate what our government says. Its not Boris who locked her up and as for the endless news reports on what Boris said and how it will be for her, perhaps it will become a self fulfilling prophecy. Is such reporting helping her case or not?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Beggars belief - Multi billionaire brexiteer moaning about the removal of subsidies provided by the EU and tries to justify the £1.6m subsidy the multi billionaire brexiteer receives for his 33,000 acre (51 square miles!!!) estate.

'I am not anti-Europe. I am just anti Britain having no sovereignty' and 'UK should 'walk away from trade talks' said the multi billionaire brexiteer who manufactures millions of vacum cleaners each year from his factories in Malaysia and Singapore.

D

Deleted member 22389

If you want to talk about cancer patients and government benefits tell the whole story, its quite wicked how some people use cancer in arguements. There is so much help in terms of finance and advice, please don't use such emotive language in this debate, its just wrong. (I am have terminal pancreatic cancer).

My mum recently had a scan and they found a small lump on one of her kidneys. Got to say from the initial scan to today the support has been brilliant. I really don't know what these sorts of things have to do with Brexit. I just wish politics would stay out of the NHS completely.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Sorry to hear that, genuinely. My sister is battling metastasized breast cancer, and most of us know someone we care about who is affected.
I think it is wicked for a politician to paint it on the side of a bus that the NHS could be £350 millon a week better off, if we leave the EU, especially as it is extremely likely that we will have to borrow even more money just to maintain current expenditure, thanks to Brexit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We do have a diplomatic service, it should not be for the Foreign Secretary to have to comment on all the British passport holders jailed across the world. Should we say nothing on the case and allow her to stay in jail and allow the Iranian Government to dictate what our government says. Its not Boris who locked her up and as for the endless news reports on what Boris said and how it will be for her, perhaps it will become a self fulfilling prophecy. Is such reporting helping her case or not?

I see, so Boris should comment on all the Britons in Iranian jails, saying they have committed acts seen as criminal in Iran, just to help bring publicity to their plight.
The point is that as Foreign Secretary, you are head of the Foreign Office, and are a major part of Britains diplomatic relations, it requires more diplomacy than Johnson has and he clearly is not in the job for his ability in the role.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My mum recently had a scan and they found a small lump on one of her kidneys. Got to say from the initial scan to today the support has been brilliant. I really don't know what these sorts of things have to do with Brexit. I just wish politics would stay out of the NHS completely.

I agree, unfortunately, until all parties can agree to fund it at a certain level, the government of the day will have the power to make things better or worse for the NHS and it has to be close to the top of any political discussion where finances are concerned.

D

Deleted member 22389

I agree, unfortunately, until all parties can agree to fund it at a certain level, the government of the day will have the power to make things better or worse for the NHS and it has to be close to the top of any political discussion where finances are concerned.

You might not agree, but I have said many times I think we all need to pay a bit more. I personally would be happy to part with a £10 - £20 per month towards an NHS fund, so that it gets the funding it needs in certain areas, trouble is no government has the balls to ask for it.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Sorry to hear that, genuinely. My sister is battling metastasized breast cancer, and most of us know someone we care about who is affected.
I think it is wicked for a politician to paint it on the side of a bus that the NHS could be £350 millon a week better off, if we leave the EU, especially as it is extremely likely that we will have to borrow even more money just to maintain current expenditure, thanks to Brexit.

To someone who has cancer, politics pales into insignificance, my cancer nurse is French, she tells me that treatment in Britain is streets ahead of what is on offer in France. So what advice should I take, how should I see the world of healthcare v Brexit? I see that we are blessed with the healthcare system that we have, that complaints are not always justified, that if we cut down on those abusing A&E, that department would have to see nearly 40% less patients, (my daughter is an A&E nurse, the thoughts of her department). Its not all about the money, its about education, its about the theft of time and resource by those who abuse the system, ambulance chasers, drunken behaviour, drug addicts and those too idle to put a plaster on a cut, yes its come to that at A&E.
So no, there probably won't be an ectra £350m available for the NHS, but then anyone who believes what a politician says, really shouldn't have the right to vote. As for your last paragraph, stop trying to establish a link between cancer treatment and Brexit, it just doesn't cut it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here