Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He didn't get it but by my reckoning he is still backing brexit at this point is he not? So, if that is true what the **** is your point?

The point is this:

Johnson is a 'Remainer'. Despite his claims.

He can hardly change his tune now.

Especially as May is about to board the Tory Tyburn cart....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The point is this:

Johnson is a 'Remainer'. Despite his claims.

He can hardly change his tune now.

Especially as May is about to board the Tory Tyburn cart....

Are you old enough to remember Johnson as the eurosceptic writer for the Daily Telegraph in their Brussels bureau that infuriated EU lover John Major?
Asking for a friend

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Are you old enough to remember Johnson as the eurosceptic writer for the Daily Telegraph in their Brussels bureau that infuriated EU lover John Major?
Asking for a friend

So he's changed his mind more than once then.

I think we can safely conclude that he places himself in the position of most political gain. Not that it's helped him as much as he would like.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He didn't get it but by my reckoning he is still backing brexit at this point is he not? So, if that is true what the **** is your point?

I believe the point is its inconceivable for a Leave voter to formulate an opinion on the EU without previously being told what to think by the likes of Johnson, if Johnson is secretly a remainer then by extension all leave voters were hoodwinked and this is a reasonable excuse to ignore the democratic result and call off leaving the EU……….or something equally ridiculous with vast amounts of grabbing at straws, because lets face it the remoaners have run out of arguments to stop Brexit happening.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Boris? Give him credit - it was his lying that helped win it for you.

No, not really, the intelligentsia voting for Brexit didn't give a toss for that. We knew it wasn't true, but were delighted that it would have remoaners still fooling themselves that they could pretend they knew what we were thinking months later, and justifying themselves by bleating '£350M for the NHS' at every opportunity (or even when there wasn't really an opportunity).
Isn't it a wonderful example of democracy that we can both agree that Boris is a tvvat?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I believe the point is its inconceivable for a Leave voter to formulate an opinion on the EU without previously being told what to think by the likes of Johnson, if Johnson is secretly a remainer then by extension all leave voters were hoodwinked and this is a reasonable excuse to ignore the democratic result and call off leaving the EU……….or something equally ridiculous with vast amounts of grabbing at straws, because lets face it the remoaners have run out of arguments to stop Brexit happening.

I may not agree with but understand the result of democratic result we are leaving the EU but surely the views of all sides needs to be taken into consideration when negotiating our exit, but what I find is that we the so called remoaners are just pushed to the side by the almost religious zeal of the Brexit Taliban.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think there are a lot of people that feel like you do and are now considering JC as the Tories are in civil war.

When Brexit happens many are going to feel extremely disappointed when it delivers very little for them with public finances being even further constrained and living standards will continuing to slip. It will create the perfect situation for him to capitalise on the situation
Brexit, followed by a Labour government. Yes please - that would be my ideal!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If we're gonna f**k up the country, we need to do it properly

They can't do any worse than these cretins in power currently and the further and more brutal austerity carries on, the more inevitable it will be that it's going to happen. When you vote to reduce ESA by £30 a week for cancer patients and bring in Universal Credit to put more children into poverty, it's hardly surprising.

If for nothing else it'll be so worth it though just to see the reaction of the Brexit Tories as their ideologue of Miss Marple Britain/the future Brexit Utopia turns into something a little bit different...........and they helped make it happen.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I may not agree with but understand the result of democratic result we are leaving the EU but surely the views of all sides needs to be taken into consideration when negotiating our exit, but what I find is that we the so called remoaners are just pushed to the side by the almost religious zeal of the Brexit Taliban.

Taliban,seekers of truth.Yeah,we are the Brexit Taliban,but face just as much of a struggle getting any truth from the EU!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's amazing the hapless May is still ahead of him on the 'best leader' polling... in fact, given the Tories recent multiple omni****ups it really is unbelievable that Jezza isn't miles ahead.

Yep, real/continuity Labour still only polling at about the same level as the Tories who are having a shocker yet according to some it's apparently a foregone conclusion Jezza will win the next GE some point in the future. Tories were 20 points ahead in the polls yet they couldn't secure a majority ... lots of counting chickens going on by some.

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
29 March 2019.

My deadline to get off this island and into the warm bosom of Europe! I have two friends in Berlin, and did like Ljubljana enough to fantasise a move.

If the C U Next Tuesdays are still somehow in power

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
29 March 2019.

My deadline to get off this island and into the warm bosom of Europe! I have two friends in Berlin, and did like Ljubljana enough to fantasise a move.

If the C U Next Tuesdays are still somehow in power

Which Grizzler are you?:lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It means a Brexit that doesn't **** over millions of people in this country to uphold a Redwood/Rees-Mogg ideological/Miss Marple Britain Brexit

If for nothing else it'll be so worth it though just to see the reaction of the Brexit Tories as their ideologue of Miss Marple Britain/the future Brexit Utopia turns into something a little bit different...........and they helped make it happen.

As you are NSC`s resident class warrior its interesting to watch your rants decline on a daily basis into nothing more than indoctrinated hate that now bizarrely includes Miss Marple.
You really are quite crackers and clearly close to losing the plot completely.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As you are NSC`s resident class warrior its interesting to watch your rants decline on a daily basis into nothing more than indoctrinated hate that now bizarrely includes Miss Marple.
You really are quite crackers and clearly close to losing the plot completely.

Crackers? Coming from a complete smug little **** like you? Behave.

That first quote is from weeks back. If you're actually sad enough to be traipsing back through this thread first thing on a Sunday morning, fine, but please don't confuse me with someone who gives a ***k what a Tory, Brexit posh boy like you thinks about anything again though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't know what the outcome will be for Apple, but the fact that ther are paying for it, whether to occupy it or rent it demonstrates some confidence in the UK post Brexit, by definition why spend such amounts if your not expecting a return. So no sources, no written statement from them and no figures in the public domain, maybe thats their choice, but the fact that it is being built is testament to confidence.
As for the nurses, you failed to answer my question in my original response as o why are overseas medical prectitioners attracted to the NHS? Just silence, do you not have opinions or must it be on the internet or in a government document. I'll go with your figures if it placates you as these figures only matter if you are directly affected.
With regard to your choice of language, it could be a lot better and may help get your point across. ou really need to take a chill pill.

New corporate buildings in London are a bit like supercars, the person who ordered it very often takes a larger payment from someone else to let them have it, I have worked on several buildings that were supposedly Tesco, BP or other buildings that the customer never moved in to, or left within a year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here