Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The last 2 world wars was about Germany trying to dominate Europe. Why the F would they start a world war when they are doing it through the ECB and Euro? Bet the Biased Broadcasting Coroperation forgot to mention that one.

Actually the 10pm News tonight was noticeably Brexit biased, with a longish interview with David Owen and no balancing piece with a Remainer. It doesn't worry me much except when Brexiters go on and on and on about 'BBC bias'. It cuts both ways surely.

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
If the EU Referendum was today.

I need to ask, if 'Paddy' is such an offensive term why is there an Irish bookies called Paddy Power ?
Seriously are you that stupid? The word "paddy" to an Irishman has the same connotations as the word "N" word does to a black man

06dc567ad3b9ddc622a803cd4aced90f.jpg

I don't work for a bookmakers and couldn't give a flying f[emoji108][emoji108]k about it

I'm an Irishman, you walk down any street in Ireland and call people paddy with a smug smart attitude aiming to cause offence

You'll last as long as you would going through Brixton calling people the N word

Bang out of order, no excuse for ignorance in this day and age

Knew what he was doing knew he would cause offence..openly racist

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a nice cleaning lady from Romania. She's been having some stomach pain and the doctor tells her she has gallstones. She's on holiday to her home country soon, and she'll check the problem there, because her English isn't great and she wants to make sure she understands what's wrong. She'll then come back for any treatment, as it's free here, but expensive at home. She also tells me her family come here if they need treatment.

WTF. Why are we paying for people to be treated, if they're not paying tax here and wouldn't have the treatment covered in their home country?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Seriously are you that stupid? The word "paddy" to an Irishman has the same connotations as the word "N" word does to a black man

I don't work for a bookmakers and couldn't give a flying f[emoji108][emoji108]k about it

I'm an Irishman, you walk down any street in Ireland and call people paddy with a smug smart attitude aiming to cause offence

You'll last as long as you would going through Brixton calling people the N word

Wow - calm down dear - it was a simple question. Personally I don't see the term any more offensive as me being called a Brit or a Pom and the fact that one of the most successful bookies in Ireland has the word in their name seems to suggest it isn't actually offensive. It would be like having bookies in Africa called 'N' Power ! And where did I say you worked for a bookies ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Hmm, so do you really believe everything in the mainstream media? I mean, god forbid, the establishment manipulates and persuades news outlets to run 'on-message' programs. No, this crap only happens in other countries, could never happen here!!!!

Daily Mail, Telegraph, Express, Sun... they are heavily Brexit-orientated and the broadcast media is required by statute to be neutral. What are you talking about?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Daily Mail, Telegraph, Express, Sun... they are heavily Brexit-orientated and the broadcast media is required by statute to be neutral. What are you talking about?

Are you sure about that ? I know the BBC has to be but I'm not sure it applies to the rest of the media - especially the print media.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The BBC establishment seems to be pro EU.

The scare tactics, similar to if we don't join the EURO, are economy will collapse will probably win the day.

I don't know how we survived for 100's of years before the EU was founded. We even built a world empire in that time.

Still, we can look forward to unlimited immigration in the future, and the influx of Turkey, and more radical muslims to enter the country.

I am sorry, but I don't know what 'the influx of Turkey' means. Is it a reference to the fact that Turkey's citizens will soon have the same visa arrangements as, for example, most of South America has with the UK or is it another tired bit of nonsense about Turkey being on the brink of joining the EU?

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014

Wow - calm down dear - it was a simple question. Personally I don't see the term any more offensive as me being called a Brit or a Pom and the fact that one of the most successful bookies in Ireland has the word in their name seems to suggest it isn't actually offensive. It would be like having bookies in Africa called 'N' Power ! And where did I say you worked for a bookies ?
I'm Irish me bud, we tend to have emotions with out a football match or a drink in our belly.

I don't appreciate somebody hiding behind a keyboard racially terroring me regardless of however many support it or defend it

As I said I'm not a bookmaker these are questions you should direct to the director of the company in a similar fashion you could question the use of your n word in rap music to justify your use of it should a black Brighton fan comment on the forum

Maybe if you mr fairy finds out who I am he can call me paddy in a face to face chat where we can discuss why it is offensive

We don't forget

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The English are very obsessed with this so called Union thing, if I remember correctly the "United" part of the British Union kingdom came about via a sword, pillaging rape and various royals inbreeding
How did Ireland come about, did some peace loving hippies stroll upon a pleasant untouched land and settle peacefully? :rolleyes:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There native Americans and aborigines there, we shipped them to America and Australia
So the Ireland that we know today was created by native Americans and Aborigines. Ok.

Read a book son, your ignorance would embarrass your ancestors
Maybe you **** around a lot, but I can assure you, I'm not your son. And I'm quite sure my ancestors are not embarrassed about me.

I appreciate you're a bit upset, you feel racially abused by someone, but it wasn't by me.

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014

So the Ireland that we know today was created by native Americans and Aborigines. Ok.

Maybe you **** around a lot, but I can assure you, I'm not your son. And I'm quite sure my ancestors are not embarrassed about me.

I appreciate you're a bit upset, you feel racially abused by someone, but it wasn't by me.

I'm not your daddy so dont quote me with stupid questions trigger.

I don't get upset, women get upset about things

Anyway.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Knew what he was doing knew he would cause offence..openly racist
Is that the same Paddy that is the shortened and the very widely used version of Patrick?.... Like Teddy for Edward.... or Dick for Richard?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
How did Ireland come about, did some peace loving hippies stroll upon a pleasant untouched land and settle peacefully? :rolleyes:

Are you seriously that clueless or antagonistic

So maybe don't try and partonise me with 'read a book son' :shrug:
Read a book find out learn something, it's good advice. If your that clueless it honestly will do you no harm

That's good to hear, because you did seem a bit upset.
I wasn't upset, I'm angry big difference

Racism bad, sexism cool ???
If you ever enter into a long term relationship with your own woman, you will perhaps learn a thing or two about the world human behaviour and emotions

I've already said not your daddy ok so let's move on ok

EmMa

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Tracey Emin has come out. Very proud to be British, and flaunts it on her travel, but sees us as a part of europe "Total insanity to come out of the EU now". Just saying, everyone voting in

Have no idea who Tracey Emin is (and I dont care either so not going to Google her), but everyone has an opinion and just because someone is in Eastenders or on the news or wherever she is from, doesn't mean "everyone voting in". I am someone and i am F**ked if I am going to vote to let Merkel dictate what we can and can't do here.

Only 2 countries put more into the EU that take out. UK and Germany. Of course they will do everything they can to get us to stay as they make a fortune out of us.

And we do it on borrowed money from the banks. Do you know we pay £1,200 interest PER SECOND on our debt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here