Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It is important that this isn't seen as an ad hominem attack. It is a statistical fact that older and less educated people voted for Brexit. That isn't an insult.

So where did you find this statistical "fact"?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It is important that this isn't seen as an ad hominem attack. It is a statistical fact that older and less educated people voted for Brexit. That isn't an insult.

What does that say about the couldn't-give-a-shit-and-be-bothered-to-vote young and better educated people?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh deary me :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Regardless - that is how the system works. The system that Brexiters wanted to give MORE power to. The irony of this situation is astounding.
I do not think it's ironic at all in the light of a referendum that was held as part of government policy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Which is why a majority will vote to trigger article 50, assuming it even gets to a vote. Seems a rather vague judgment expect it will be overturned.

I think so too. Pain in the arse as far as I'm concerned, there are far more important things to deal with at present, such as Russia taking the piss left, right and centre.

Equally I am sure you will agree that there should be parliamentary scrutiny of the terms negotiated, otherwise it could be just the likes of Fox or Davies determining their interpretation of a democratic vote.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If I'm reading that link correctly 5% of UKippers voted remain [emoji38]ol:

Beaten to it. Yes, one in twenty UKIP supporters are too thick to vote for their own party's policies.

That is indeed idiotic. However if there was a remain party in parliament, then I would expect some of those who voted for it to either change their minds last minute, or to make a foolish error. To err is to be human.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Equally I am sure you will agree that there should be parliamentary scrutiny of the terms negotiated, otherwise it could be just the likes of Fox or Davies determining their interpretation of a democratic vote.

Of course a struggling UK economy, laid low by a weak £, is manna to exporters. Say, arms dealers, for example.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i dont think so, at least not as the stronger Brexiteers have hoped. i foresee an almighty fudge from EU to bring us back into the fold.

There's a pause and an escape hatch here. Will the EU and the UK see this opportunity though? Or are they too proud? The EU does need change and can change for the better. It can also change to UKs advantage and betterment. If I was May I'd jump on the first plan to Brussels and start working on something. A reworked EU can work for the benefit of the UK and the EU. Get proper change and put this to the people.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Which is why a majority will vote to trigger article 50, assuming it even gets to a vote. Seems a rather vague judgment expect it will be overturned.
It is vague and even if not overturned, the government could possibly just put an equally vague strategy for parliament to vote on rather than allow close scrutiny of the final details.
I think so too. Pain in the arse as far as I'm concerned, there are far more important things to deal with at present, such as Russia taking the piss left, right and centre.

Yes, this is probably a sideshow. Unfortunately I believe it is a wholly unproductive action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here