Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Quite simply (and for the third time), because I am NOT commenting on negotiations, or trade deals. I'm talking about the (actual, current) FACT that there are a shitload of UK companies at risk of going to wall, because of the ACTUAL cost of imports. Right now.

I would like everyone to do well and hit high profitability thats a good thing and an aspiration for any business.

But your original post was based on the strength/weakness of sterling, nothing else apart from that, but whilst offering your own personal experience on an undetermined currency level, you were totally blind to acknowledge how perhaps a similar hard working honest exporting company had by default had their own challenges due to a stronger sterling, whilst you were doing very well thank you on the back of a strong (overpriced) sterling.

My added on point was that the increase in costs that your company has experienced and its effects, must also be lent to EU businesses if as Remainer's seem keen to tell us when we are unable to negotiate a favourable trade deal, those added cost would then be recipricated on EU businesses exporting to the UK, you should be urging the EU to negotiate favourably with us to ensure that many thousands of EU workers are not adversely effected as well.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If anyone else wants to contribute to the case they still need funding to take it to the Supreme Court. I'd add a link but I'm too busy high-fiving myself.

Never heard w anking described like that before.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't wait to see Thatcher#2 dragged over the coals in the Commons...." sorry, brexit means what exactly ? "

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do we know how constituencies voted during the rederendum? Did more vote in or out?

80% of MPs voted Remain. I assume of course, they will stick with their principles...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They'll be dancing in the streets of Sompting having got our country back our judges have made a decision to uphold UK consitutional law which is exactly what the leavers wanted.
It will be intetesting to see how the SNP along with NI and London mps approach the debate given their lical madate was to stay

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do we know how constituencies voted during the rederendum? Did more vote in or out?

We don't.

We do know for example though, that the overall turn-out in Scotland was poor, but that the majority of those that did vote, voted remain. Thus, their volume of votes did not carry the weight in the referendum, that their MPs votes would carry in a Parliamentary vote.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I realise that, just enjoying the moment [emoji23]
Fair enough. But according to remainers, Brexit is a disaster. How is this going to help? It's most probably only going to make things a lot more difficult and potentially add even more vitriol to the atmosphere. Strange way to find enjoyment.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We don't.

We do know for example though, that the overall turn-out in Scotland was poor, but that the majority of those that did vote, voted remain. Thus, their volume of votes did not carry the weight in the referendum, that their MPs votes would carry in a Parliamentary vote.

And Scotland has more MPs per head than the rest of the UK. Hardly fair is it?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
80% of MPs voted Remain. I assume of course, they will stick with their principles...

Indeed. If more constituencies voted in than out then we could see a rejection because the MPs are elected to represent their constituencies. That is how this sovereign parliament works!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We don't.

we do know the result seat by seat, nice BBC map for you

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Almost certainly the MPs will vote in support of Brexit. Any other way and they will lose more than half the population for a generation.

That is nonsense.

They won't 'lose' people in constituencies that voted Remain - the people they are supposed to represent.
They won't 'lose' any of the (many) people who voted Leave without proper consideration of what it actually meant, and will be pleased for a chance to right a wrong.
They won't 'lose' the huge swathe of people who stick rigidly to a party vote WHATEVER happens.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Some modelling shows quite a lot more voted to leave than remain. More than I would have thought given tight vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here