Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
who said "we hold all the aces"? you did, its a straw man you constructed, arguing agains the point that we should acknowledge we do have a strong negotiating position. true we not the strongest party involved, the EU could just tell us to go play in the Atlantic, impose full tariffs, block services etc. however not without consequences to their own economic outlook.

Er, no it isn't. I was responding to BigGully's post suggesting that HKFC wasn't acknowledging the UK negotiation position, implying that it was from a position of strength.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Genuinely never thought it would in the first place.

Now can we agree not to have another referendum on anything of any importance ever again?

You're kiddin me. not a chance, dont be daft, there will be a punch and judy show thats all.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not at all. The UK got its sovereignty back...and the UK Is a parliamentary sovereignty. Therefore stands to reason that it should be scrutinised by elected MPs. Nothing to see here.

Obviously you were taking the pi$$, but as a Brexit voter this is more or less my stance on the matter. It would be hypocritical of me to criticise the unaccountable EU for imposing laws on member states only to support our own government using an ancient royal prerogative law to push Brexit through parliament. Democracy must be visible and accountable otherwise it will all fall apart.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Genuinely never thought it would in the first place.

Now can we agree not to have another referendum on anything of any importance ever again?

Yep.

I voted in people to make the decisions they are elected to make.

Not to pass the decisions back to me and the other idiots. We are uneducated and not in possession of all the facts to make such important decisions.

I voted to remain but mainly because I had NO idea what leaving meant. I was completely open to be convinced with facts but they never came.

Today summarises the confusion I felt during the whole campaign.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
yep.

Not to pass the decisions back to me and the other idiots. We are uneducated and not in possession of all the facts to make such important decisions.

I voted to remain but mainly because i had no idea what leaving meant. I was completely open to be convinced with facts but they never came.

Today summarises the confusion i felt during the whole campaign.

precisely!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Parliamentary sovereignty within a representative democracy.... who'd have thought that's how it works?

:lol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yep.

I voted to remain but mainly because I had NO idea what leaving meant. I was completely open to be convinced with facts but they never came.

Today summarises the confusion I felt during the whole campaign.

The Conservatives were elected as the government of the UK. One of their policies was to have a referendum. On that basis, there is parliamentary validity in the process.
The brexiteers hoisted by their own democracy petard, lovely stuff.
I wouldn't celebrate too much. I believe this could just rumble on and just cause more agony for everyone. It won't halt the inevitable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Parliamentary sovereignty within a representative democracy.... who'd have thought that's how it works?

:lol:

Yeah, but if you ask the Brexiteers it hasn't worked like that since 1973. They should be having a massive, great big party to celebrate taking back control. :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here