Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
wow...getting closer....spot the difference....?

Nope. Remoaner who clearly knows sweet FA stating utter nonsense that you supported and defended, both joined NSC recently. The multi-account policy on this site needs sorting out asap. A1X very original ...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I’m drunk

drunk-octoberfest-502x700-502x468.jpg

:drink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is hilarous/tragic. A small number of sensible concerned citizens, and a load of posts from numpties that I can't read becaue I have blocked them for repeated nobbery. Anyone who thinks the present situation is good is an idiot. Anyone who didn't anticipate this is an idiot. Anyone who thinks this custer**** is worth it because being in the EU is worse that being up your own sister is an idiot. What a ****ing shambols.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
images

Oooo I've blocked everyone/anyone that disagrees with me or insults my huge ego .... #King of the Snowflakes :tantrum:

I hope that arrow is not pointing to me in the above post?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
they did, and it was rejected. they should have simply said we wont enforce a border and be done with it. but they caved to the EU position they "must" have a border and been losing the battle ever since. once you concede possibilities because the opposition say they wont accept them, you lost the bluff game and in this game thats the end.

You must understand though that it isn't a reasonable response to say we won't have a border, but we will probably be different enough from you, for you to need one. That's like saying to your neighbour, we won't put a fence up between our gardens, and then buying a vicious dog and letting it out.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The whole things a fkin joke. We have remainers trying to disrupt things, and the EU saying no to everything. Are we not allowed to be free of the EU? Yes or No

Yes, but it is a really bad idea, so, if it is your job to do what is in the best interests of your country, you don't do it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Simple then..........Northern Ireland voted to remain, so give them another referendum: "Do you want to become part of the Republic of Ireland?" Vote yes, and they get want they want re: Europe, and the border problem goes away! Win win............:smile::thumbsup:

Or, invade and retake Ireland?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We always had control of our borders. .

We did? This is brilliant news.

Im a bit surprised millions of people and politicians (even on the remain side) missed it tbh, on the face of it, it does sound like another whopping remoaner lie, you do hear this claim occasionally but for some bizarre reason you never receive an explanation of how it is possible, but im prepared to hear you out as you single hand idly change immigration knowledge.

We are obviously still in the EU so which EU mechanism on EU citizens could we use on Monday morning (weekend would be a bit of a rush) that would allow us to permanently control the numbers of EU citizens entering the country to live or work, with quotas should we wish to, and would require EU citizens to seek permission and a decision via a standard visa procedure of permits before entry was granted into the country to work or live……..you know like actual normal border controls.

A link to the legislation would be handy, its probably called “the function on how to end free movement in steps you didn’t know existed treaty”

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If I was a remainer I'd blame the mess on the Remain campaign and their inability to 'sell' the electorate the benefits of staying in. Instead they chose to run a negative campaign that back fired.

As a leaver I blame May trying to appease the remain camp in her cabinet. Like them or not, if Gove and Johnson had been in charge then we'd have had more bullish and less lillylivered approach to the process of leaving.

I don't blame the voters one single ounce - they said what they wanted and politicians on both sides have fvck3d it up !

Firstly, you are right, the remain campaign was woeful.
Secondly, you are wrong, Boris or Gove would have made a worse mess of this. It was never going to be as simple as they made it out to be, they do not need us more than we need them, and the whole point of a Union is to stand together so you don't get dictated to by the likes of Boris Johnson.
Lastly, you can't blame the ones that were too thick to see that it was always bullshit, but for the other ones, those who knew what they voted for, surely they have to be responsible, they knew.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Agree completely with this.

For Brexit to work, and I voted leave btw, it needed strong bullish personalities like Boris telling the EU to basically stick it. Had we taken this line and kept to it I am pretty sure the EU would have come back begging at some point. Might have meant no deal but then we would be off and running with trade deals with the rest of the world. I didn't vote leave to be better off economically, I voted to take control of our laws. THerefore even if the economy fell by 5-10% I'd still be happy with my decision. Long term I believe we would be as well off if not better, but you have to embrace it and really go for the positives of trade with the rest of the world. I bet we would negotiate a better steel deal directly with the US if we were playing this hard line. Trump would love it.

Yeah, you are one of the leavers we can't blame.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No thanks. That isn't what I or most of the other leavers voted for. I want us to be free to set our own trade deals with other countries without any restrictions.

Do you truly believe that?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Generally I don't like the fact the EU can overrule British law and British judgements.

But if you want some specifics, off the top of my head:

Free movement of labour law
The right to be forgotten rule
Child benefit for migrant workers
Working time directive
Fisheries policy
VAT on energy bills law
Climate change directive
Diabetic motorists directive

Funny how off the top of your head it's free movement and child benefit for migrant workers that comes out first. Are you sure it was all about the trade deals for you?

I am also wondering what aspect of the Working Time Directive it is that grips your shit?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Funny how off the top of your head it's free movement and child benefit for migrant workers that comes out first. Are you sure it was all about the trade deals for you?

I am also wondering what aspect of the Working Time Directive it is that grips your shit?

I listed those because I was asked what laws did I wanted reformed.

Fundamentally I voted leave because I wanted whatever happens to this country to be decided by those who have been voted for by the people of this country not the rest of Europe. That’s it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here