Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
So are we going to leave and just stay in the customs union indefinitely? It counts as leaving because we would be out of the EU so it honours the vote but it simply means that we just have to follow all the rules we have no say over. Maybe out means out except when you are out but act like you are not out.

That will sit well with those wanting to take back control.

This is, in essence the situation in my view. Obviously my view is irrelevant and uninformed.

However - Robert Peston is very well informed and he lays out his understanding of where we are here:

https://www.facebook.com/1498276767163730/posts/2189927274665339/

I found it interesting

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Nope. I like the man. I’ve had a few cups of coffee with him and his wife and got given a box of cigars from him. I used to guard his property in Leatherhead when it was being built. Thoroughly nice people, just don’t have much regard for his view on Brexit.

He’ll be gutted with that news.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I asked Dave a perfectly polite question and he replied, perfectly politely. Not sure what has rattled your cage.

I thought I'd made that clear. To reiterate, you posted a load of crap and then decided you're above explaining yourself despite about 5 people calling you out for it. So what has rattled my cage are your blatant double standards.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Looks like the EU has approved a trade agreement with Vietnam. A far cry from the growing climate of protectionism in the US.

This week the EU will also this week give its final signature to a trade deal with Singapore, which has already been negotiated and ratified.

Still waiting from the Brexiteers on here for any tangible benefits of leaving the world's biggest trading block??

We do still have Andrea Leadsoms jam and biscuits Brexit plan...

All done with Singapore. After expressing shock that the U.K. would choose to leave a trading bloc with its largest and most local partner the Singapore pm said that in the longer term they would work to try and get something similar with the U.K. great. Eventually we might get something almost as good as we have. Smashing.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Totally agree ...... maybe now we can also stop quoting celebs like Brian Cox as well ?

If I can trade Roger Daltrey then it's a deal. He's just written his life story and has done lots of promo appearances. Now don't get me wrong, I loved Tommy (well, mainly Ann-Margaret and Tina Turner rather than Roger, but being blind, deaf and dumb at least he didn't have to deliver any dialogue and that probably saved his performance, as anyone who witnessed his lead role in McVicar might agree). But Roger has very strong views on Brexit and for some unknown reason every interviewer seems to ask him.

Now Roger's views on Brexit are neither funny, nor clever and not even particular interesting. They are the standard pension-on-a-bus views - although granted not many pensioners on a bus will have Rogers haircut or tan. They are just NOT VERY INTERESTING. Indeed, Roger isn't really a very interesting bloke, although fair play he's led an interesting enough life.

Which makes it even more bloody stupid that interviewers ask him about Brexit because NO ONE CARES (OK likewise Brian Cox).

So when I've seen Roger in full flight on this topic I'm rather unkindly reminded of Pete Townshend's description of The Who as 3 geniuses and a singer.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well reported and refreshingly candid words by Johnny Mercer MP on Brexit yesterday - and not for the first time this week either.

[tweet]1052233618356142080[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well reported and refreshingly candid words by Johnny Mercer MP on Brexit yesterday - and not for the first time this week either.

[tweet]1052233618356142080[/tweet]
Interesting, but I think you've linked the wrong tweet.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
He got into a spat with a constituent on Twitter then came out with that comic beauty of a Tweet. He's obviously a very straight to the point type of bloke and isn't afraid to say it how it is - not just on Brexit.

And despite his words he has voted with the party line on every vote whether it is for Brexit or taking money off of disabled people. File him with Heidi Allen under the hypocrite Tory label , did he mention his new job too ???

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
And despite his words he has voted with the party line on every vote whether it is for Brexit or taking money off of disabled people. File him with Heidi Allen under the hypocrite Tory label , did he mention his new job too ???

Oh come on [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] you're being unkind - As an Ex-Eastbourne College pupil and Conservative and Unionist MP with a 20 hour a month part time job he gets £85k a year for, on top of his MP's remuneration, and having a wife called Felicity he pays £30k a year for to work as his part time office manager - Johnny Mercer would understand entirely how a WRAG ESA claimant could survive on £30 a week less, hence he voted for it - he lives in the real world.

Without looking for it, I think I can see why having his wife 'work for him' may have resulted in the unfortunate phrase being used on The Plymouth Herald that he objected to.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interviewer on Talk Radio.

Me: What's the Single Market?
Mike: I don't know and I don't care.
Me: *Explains the Single Market*
Mike: I DO know what the Single Market is.

[tweet]1053229255096762368[/tweet]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He's a pensioner and multi millionaire tax exile . Frankly I'm not that fussed what he has to say about Brexit.

He's also the son of a market porter and charwoman,who lived in a council prefab,so knows something about being poor.Remainers seem to be insinuating otherwise.

snide.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
All done with Singapore. After expressing shock that the U.K. would choose to leave a trading bloc with its largest and most local partner the Singapore pm said that in the longer term they would work to try and get something similar with the U.K. great. Eventually we might get something almost as good as we have. Smashing.

The problem here is that aside from one or two Leave voters that still comment on the thread, the vast majority do not care that we will be economically damaged.
Money isn't everything, (until you need it and haven't got it) they have been triggered by the bullshit of Farage and co. and they can't think straight all the while there is a resistance to their "will" and the bullshitters keep talking bullshit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He's also the son of a market porter and charwoman,who lived in a council prefab,so knows something about being poor.Remainers seem to be insinuating otherwise.

View attachment 101416

Well done, I think this is your first valid and coherent point on this thread. I shall remember this day.

Although it is an aside to the topic of Brexit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Funny how some people only find the negative about Great Britain and it's future in any news item,deliberately excluding any positives.The PM of Singapore has been very positive about Brexit when not talking to 'the Club'.

yawn.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do they? You’re wrong. Again.

In what way?Was he really living in Buckingham Palace,where his dad was the butler and mum a Lady-in-Waiting?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here