Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So divided that a Tory backbencher told May to bring her own noose to a meeting.

In an article in the Sunday Times, a Tory backbencher was quoted as saying: "The moment is coming when the knife gets heated, stuck in her front and twisted. She'll be dead soon."

The PM was also told to "bring her own noose" to a meeting later this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45938754

Whatever your side on the Brexit debate and whether you're a Tory or Labour, that's an appalling statement.
It's only a couple of years ago that someone really did bring a knife to an MP and stuck it in her front. The MP who said that really has no place in the House.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Tally ho, what, what - I see Owen Paterson and chums have been to The Kingdom of Belgium today to visit Monsieur Barnier and tell him exactly what for in regards to the Irish border issue. Gunboats up The Liffey and take back Calais too I assume.

[tweet]1054331144848715777[/tweet]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whatever your side on the Brexit debate and whether you're a Tory or Labour, that's an appalling statement.
It's only a couple of years ago that someone really did bring a knife to an MP and stuck it in her front. The MP who said that really has no place in the House.

I agree with this and after Brexit has been decided one way or the other I think the issue has damaged British politics for years to come. If we don't Brexit then half the country will feel betrayed. If we do Brexit and the shitstorm inevitably ensues then 75% of the country will feel betrayed.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I see he described the comments today as 'unhelpful', but when Andrew Bridgen said "I don’t want to stab the Prime Minister in the back - I want to stab him in the front so I can see the expression on his face. You’d have to twist the knife, though, because we want it back for Osborne." 2 years ago to The Sunday Times, and was outed by The Mail, it appears you do have a place in the House.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/cameron-coup-highly-likely-warns-tory-mp-pjd0lz38b

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-stabbing-David-Cameron-twisting-knife.html

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
when Andrew Bridgen said "I don’t want to stab the Prime Minister in the back - I want to stab him in the front so I can see the expression on his face. You’d have to twist the knife, though, because we want it back for Osborne." 2 years ago to The Sunday Times, and was outed by The Mail, it appears you do have a place in the House.

I'll rephrase that: someone who makes statements like that, ought not to have a place in the House. The voters of North West Leicestershire should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The remaining stages of The Offensive Weapons Bill takes place today in Parliament. An amendment has been tabled to not ban .50 calibre high energy rifles, despite the police saying they don't have the capability to deal with them if one fell into the wrong hands. Alongside some other useful idiots, it's basically a who's who of the ERG group flexing their muscles in an ego trip. It really is Brexit at any price for them.

erg.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The remaining stages of The Offensive Weapons Bill takes place today in Parliament. An amendment has been tabled to not ban .50 calibre high energy rifles, despite the police saying they don't have the capability to deal with them if one fell into the wrong hands. Alongside some other useful idiots, it's basically a who's who of the ERG group flexing their muscles in an ego trip. It really is Brexit at any price for them.

View attachment 101524

Would love to see any of them try to fire a 50 calibre!:eek:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see he described the comments today as 'unhelpful', but when Andrew Bridgen said "I don’t want to stab the Prime Minister in the back - I want to stab him in the front so I can see the expression on his face. You’d have to twist the knife, though, because we want it back for Osborne." 2 years ago to The Sunday Times, and was outed by The Mail, it appears you do have a place in the House.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/cameron-coup-highly-likely-warns-tory-mp-pjd0lz38b

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-stabbing-David-Cameron-twisting-knife.html

This the same Tory shining star, that thinks all Brits are eligible for an Irish passport, isn't it?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
On such an important debate following Mrs Mays statement regarding the EU Council Statement what surprised me was the lack of MPs present from all sides

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The very same.

I thought Andrew Bridgen got off lightly. If he had told the likes of, say, Andrew Neil or Jeremy Paxman that he had the right to an Irish passport and to vote in Irish elections both Neil and Paxman would have crucified him on the spot.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here