Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You seem to have regular memory blocks to what you post on here, you did post your view on the pharmaceutical industry and demanded immediate respect whilst your mates thought they had a top trump card and basically derided any other view.

Had you forgotten how an unknown poster (to me anyway) came and joined the debate and took the wind out of your sails, he/she put a substantive post challenging your view, to the point where all your chums never uttered another word about pharmaceutical, and you stated:

'Interesting points. I have some thoughts but I’ll get back to you later.'

You might have thought that someone that had been so eager to offer a view of 'his' industry would have been all over this like a rash, but nothing, interestingly the whole debate about pharmaceutical shut down that very moment not one poster from the previous debate made another post about pharmaceuticals, not a single one.

Five days later and 5 of your own posts later no response from you to that post, it was as if the challenge had defeated you and here you are sneeringly badgering bluenitsuj for a swift reply within the hour, well when it was your time to do the same you couldn't deliver in five days ..........

You did go away for the weekend shortly after Chips post, but you were back posting on this thread on the following Monday, it wasn't until Wednesday and only after I prompted you that you replied to him, it wasn't as if you had forgotten.

So he forgot to respond because he was away and has a life outside of NSC. You reminded him and he responded. It's hardly Watergate, is it :lolol:

So what are you now backing, Chequers or No deal ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Jeez I may well of done :shrug: I have incorrectly overestimated the British public's sense in the past, anyway you have a better memory of what I said than me, or even my girlfriend. :lolol:

What you cannot recall that you forecast a 60%/40% Remain win on a Brexit thread, not even an inkling ......... ??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was, lets say a robust debate, you were all over it, it is obvious you had no intention of replying, you replied five days later ONLY when I reminded you to do so, so seeing you harangue a poster for not replying to you after an hour just made me laugh ......

Obvious? Why was it obvious? Yes I took 5 days to reply and to be fair your post did make me crystallise my thoughts but that’s all. It’s not a topic I shy away from; why would I? [MENTION=33622]Chips[/MENTION] posts weren’t that difficult to reply. I doubt he thought mine were either. And it wasn’t a “robust” debate either.

Now, if you want my opinion, it’s you who forgot [that I had replied]....and are now trying to dig yourself out of the hole you have made.

I have been completely transparent, even referencing the exchange. I’ll let everyone else judge who’s the twit here.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What exactly is weird about remembering a past debate between me and another poster in relation to a post yesterday ?

To be fair, I remember a past debate I had with BigGully which must be some years ago now. (Although i suggest mine is a little more memorable :lolol:)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What you cannot recall that you forecast a 60%/40% Remain win on a Brexit thread, not even an inkling ......... ??

It's quite a nasty trope of the more aggressive Brexiteers on here that they rarely deal with what is in front of them but drag up old stats and posts to try and discredit other posters. Westdene Seagull, Pasta and you all do it. Far more disturbing and aggressive than calling someone a prick, IMHO of course.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BigGully and Herr's posts:-

hqdefault.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, I remember a past debate I had with BigGully which must be some years ago now. (Although i suggest mine is a little more memorable :lolol:)

:lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There are Govt reports, the Bank of England, business leaders, trades Unions who have all said that a no deal Brexit would be bad for the country. All cant be wrong.

When we had the referendum, people were very unclear about what Brexit will look like and what it might mean economically to the country - that is a damming indictment to the campaign made by both sides.

But, now that the picture is getting clearer and will be crystal clear when a deal is reached - or not, it really is the time for people to have a 2nd chance to look at what is being offered and for us to decide again.

When you buy a house, you perhaps like what you see put in an offer subject to a survey. If that survey says its a bad idea you have the chance to pull out.

If leavers are so confident that the majority of the country is still for Brexit, then they have nothing to worry about.

I know the mad hatters on here will shoot this down, but that is because they know the weakness of their argument

We've got to reach no deal territory first in my opinion. The Chequers proposal will have to be watered down from it's current form for The EU to agree and it's then a question of whether that, if anything at all, comes back and has the numbers to get through Parliament. The ERG, devoid of any realistic proposal of their own, were severely embarrassed this week and shown up to be the cranks they are. Although damaged they're nowhere near defeated though. We'll have to see what the conferences bring now too, particularly Labour's and what, if any, motions get debated on Brexit and another vote. The next tranche of no deal technical notices in a few weeks will be interesting too - customs, aviation and citizens rights abroad among other things - and it was The ERG who wanted these produced and released to show we mean business on the 'no deal is better than a bad deal' nonsense.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We've got to reach no deal territory first in my opinion. The Chequers proposal will have to be watered down from it's current form for The EU to agree and it's then a question of whether that, if anything at all, comes back and has the numbers to get through Parliament. The ERG, devoid of any realistic proposal of their own, were severely embarrassed this week and shown up to be the cranks they are. Although damaged they're nowhere near defeated though. We'll have to see what the conferences bring now too, particularly Labour's and what, if any, motions get debated on Brexit and another vote. The next tranche of no deal technical notices in a few weeks will be interesting too - customs, aviation and citizens rights abroad among other things - and it was The ERG who wanted these produced and released to show we mean business on the 'no deal is better than a bad deal' nonsense.

Shirley, the ERG are going to run out of feet soon ?

shooting-yourself-in-the-foot-jpg.png

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Now that you mention it i do recall saying that, or something like it, however that was 30 months ago, and I didn't until you mentioned it! Also that post would have been somewhat facetious, although I obviously recall thinking that a remain vote would win.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Now that you mention it i do recall saying that, or something like it, however that was 30 months ago, and I didn't until you mentioned it! Also that post would have been somewhat facetious, although I obviously recall thinking that a remain vote would win.

That's honestly his argument? That almost three years ago you thought remain would win? That's his big argument? He's good isn't he.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He’s getting a bit creepy.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Shirley, the ERG are going to run out of feet soon ?

View attachment 100554

Perhaps those boots Theresa Villiers was wearing were bullet proof?

On a serious note, if anybody needed a contemporary example of why there is still such a widespread dislike in so many quarters in Ireland of the English, they only had to watch that presentation on Wednesday of the Irish told what needs to happen in Ireland.

On a lighter note, I did think Owen Paterson on Newsnight explaining their proposal and saying: "Look! We're trying to do The EU a favour!" was comic genius. :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Verging on Pastafarian levels of research!

To be fair to him, at least he then usually gets his facts right when it comes to other people’s posts. Although that doesn’t make it any less weird.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To be fair to him, at least he then gets his facts right.

True. And I suppose they are relevant, unlike Pasta's penchant for digging up personal stuff rather than anything related to the actual topic.

"Yes, but what do you think a No Deal would mean for international driving licenses"?

"You once said you weren't Nibble"

I see.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyway. I have other stuff to do today so will probably not be back until tomorrow. Please note I am not shying away from anything, I genuinely do have stuff to do. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here