Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How depressing to be British tonight. What a mess. Anyone else hear Thornberry chirping like a righteous canary as Corbyn gave his speech. God I dislike her, even more than Abbott: as if Labour have anymore credibility during this whole sorry saga, of anything their weakness has compounded matters. Any half decent opposition would be in power now. Lets face it, we’ve been divided by Europe and thus conquered as the saying goes. Still, at least we’ve shown the democratic world how not to approach things - anyone fancy a spell as a dictatorship?! :facepalm:

No.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To be fair it kicks off in other parliaments around the world all the time, whilst we merely we wave a big candle stick around.

They even have a penalty, he got sent off.

Yes but it was pathetic gesturing EXACTLY the same as Duffy.

If you are going to get sent off, at least do some damage FFS. LRM should have windmilled that mace into the Tory front bench and given out some much deserved thick ears and fat lips.

The same goes for our Shane. The Palace player went down through his own volition, he should have gone down because there were canaries circling his ugly bonce!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Look, Brexit is ****ed. It was always ****ed. There is no point blaming Corbyn. That would be like blaming the Jocks for England not winning the last world cup. :shrug:

who blamed Corbyn? criticism was him sitting silently for months, then courageously calling for an emergency debate the moment he knows PM has delayed critical vote and out of the country. he cares nothing about remaining.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
who blamed Corbyn? criticism was him sitting silently for months, then courageously calling for an emergency debate the moment he knows PM has delayed critical vote and out of the country. he cares nothing about remaining.

Go look up the meaning of the word paradox :lolol:

and

FFS :facepalm::wozza:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I get into arguments about this all the time, but I don't bother to vote in general elections because I'm tired of the way we vote in MPs.

Added to the fact that wherever I have live either Tory or Labour are a shoe-in.

I'm not advocating PR but what I chuckle about on a daily basis is the all things us "change" people are warned about - coalitions, unstable governments, governments unable to get legislation through, minority parties with too much power etc.. have been happening now for years under the current system.

So what I'd like to see (sound like squaring the circle) is a voting system that is 1) more representative and 2) delivers governments with a bigger majority/mandate.

Time for a second choice on the ballot paper me thinks. Currently, whatever way you look at it - Parliament is broken.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
do you think Corbyn will debate Brexit or pick another subject as he has in recent PMQs ?

To be fair JC was highlighting the fact this Government has completely negated its duties to the day to day running of this country Brexit may be the top subject but the Government has a job to do and for the past two years we have seen very little of that

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
actually it does, he's contributing to the lack of real leadership on the issue. Labour have taken an official policy that is at odds with its leadership with confusion and division. even if we have a GE we'd be in exactly the same position.

Labour are not the current Government we cannot blame Labour itsTories that have made this mess we are in

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Do you not think the Government being slammed by the UN special rapporteur is not worthy of debate ???

Precisely the Tories just denied that the UK has an issue with poverty and closed down any real debate, straight back to Brexit

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
All this JC bashing I find laughable his response to Mrs May in the commons yesterday was if you listern to what he said was measured truthful and to the point, JC is not known As one who rip into the personalitys of the Government, screaming pointing as others have done in the past in my opinion he's just shows to much politeness, I sometimes find my self wishing he would just loose his cool for once

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Meanwhile:

“UK economy slows”
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46505692

“Shares in Interserve - one of the UK's largest providers of public services - have collapsed after it revealed it is seeking a rescue deal.”
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46505688

“Pound falls further ”
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46510636

“Crossrail delay: £1.4bn bailout as autumn 2019 launch delayed”
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-46507417

And this is just today!
[MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION], as I have said before #CountryinCrisis #BritainontheBrink I look forward to your badly written mathematically wonky reply.

On any normal day these would be front line issues but due to Brexit they are virtually ignored this is the Government not doing its day to day job the world is not just Brexit the Government cannot ignore everything else for two years is Britain the new Belgium

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Labour are not the current Government we cannot blame Labour itsTories that have made this mess we are in
With Corbyn in charge it's very difficult to be seriously supportive of him and also think we are better off in the EU.

He is so desperately challenged on the issue he went completely missing during the campaign.

Lovely man but not a Leader at the time parliament needed it. Now isn't the time to use the chaos to try and force an election.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Complete waste of time traipsing around Europe. Really start to wonder if she has any plan at all anymore. How long until 48 letters go in, more chaos, more uncertainty.

Only the people can decide on May's deal, we need some leadership fast
Her 'plan' must be to run down the clock and then present MPs with a choice of her deal or the Project Abyss annihilation - with no time left for anything else.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
All this JC bashing I find laughable his response to Mrs May in the commons yesterday was if you listern to what he said was measured truthful and to the point, JC is not known As one who rip into the personalitys of the Government, screaming pointing as others have done in the past in my opinion he's just shows to much politeness, I sometimes find my self wishing he would just loose his cool for once

When the Corbyn bashing begins, I tend to have a look at the news to see what the latest ****up from our 'government' is.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Her 'plan' must be to run down the clock and then present MPs with a choice of her deal or the Project Abyss annihilation - with no time left for anything else.

Yes trying to run down the clock until circa 22nd Jan and hoping panic and fear will push MP's off to vote for it. Could take a short term GE off the table, so interesting to see what Labour do...

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Whatabout if the liberals were in power?

Top whataboutery.

Meanwhile, Brexit was caused by the PM (Cameron) and driven into an inevitable brick wall by the PM (May). Neither of these are Corbyn.

The worry is we may end up with a Corbyn government.

But, like Brexit, that is not Corbyn's fault.

And, anymore whataboutery from people who don't seem to understand why we are where we are may drive me to vote for the silly bearded weasel. On the grounds that the rest of you appear to be stark raving bonkers.

It would be like voting Lord Sutch, him of Monster Raving Loony, but without the satire and without the nod to British humour and in the knowledge you are shooting you self in the foot that he may actually win

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here