Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Currently proposing a deal everyone knows about and has already been rejected by the EU. Play it again, May.

Dead ringers mocked as Theresa 'I couldn't put a deal together that the Leavers were satisfied with; nor one the Remainers would. So I've come up with one that everyone will reject'

Its Brexit in a nutshell isn't it? What a mess.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
That's what I asked every day during the Brexit campaign. I was still asking that as I cast my vote.

I haven't understood a second of it.

Well that was the problem; a lot of people voted on an emotional rather than informed basis. To appeal on an emotional level it's easy to say "we want an independent Britain which has taken back control and is not being ruled from Brussels" and no amount of actual information about the downside of leaving the EU could outweigh that simple emotional message. Problem is that this seemingly simple concept of "taking back control" is an unobtainable fantasy if a country still wants to trade and cooperate with its nearest neighbours (which happens to be the richest and most stable area in the world).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Dead ringers mocked as Theresa 'I couldn't put a deal together that the Leavers were satisfied with; nor one the Remainers would. So I've come up with one that everyone will reject'

Its Brexit in a nutshell isn't it? What a mess.

How long before Liam Fox resigns I wonder.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Having Boris around you is like having Brutus as a mate in fairness. I assume he is preparing to jostle for the leadership. Nasty piece of work imo.

I'll happily predict I know little about these things, but that didn't exactly go to plan last time, did it? However, a fight with May was my first thought when I heard he'd buggered off, too.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
How was Afghanistan?

But the answer to your question is No. Everything carrying on as expected.

That's next years trip.

I can't remember anyone predicting May would finally come down on a softer Brexit option, quite the opposite in fact. If you mean ongoing incompetence you have a point.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Snidey prick. Hope that's the last we see of him in any sort of position of power but I doubt very much it will be.

Well when most of the country knew which way they were going to vote on June 23rd he took about 6 weeks to make his mind up. This has to be seen as a push for power from the Tory right ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What a pair of c*nts those two are. Agree a compromise deal at a cabinet summit intended to produce something everyone could agree on, and then resign on the day she takes it to he house.

They don't care about this country, they only care about themselves

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Little by little Labour are going to be forced to declare where they stand on Brexit. I can see JC being the 'man of the people' and responding to the mess by offering another referendum following an election. The way this is going on I think this would get him in government

anything but this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here