Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
No we can't because Russia has blocked it. We would need to negotiate to use WTO rules.

You see, either way, we cannot just act unilaterally. We have to abide by one lot or rules or another. It just happens that the EU rules are better and more flexible.
REALLY, EVER THE OPTIMIST
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No but it's all part of leaving the EU, can't believe you haven't got to grips with this, what is it about the word leave you don't understand
regards
DR

Ask your Prime Minister, as she seems to think she can partially leave.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No we can't because Russia has blocked it. We would need to negotiate to use WTO rules.

You see, either way, we cannot just act unilaterally. We have to abide by one lot or rules or another. It just happens that the EU rules are better and more flexible.

We can use the WTO defaults - Russia has rejected our plans to use the EU tariffs.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Utter rubbish. Gina Miller 'claimed' to take her court action ( jointly with another claimant ) to ensure the law was upheld. She made constant statements that she wasn't trying to stop Brexit and that she had no desire to do so. Yet after the court found in her favour she's made more and more public appearences attacking Brexit and to self publicise herself. She's a liar ( and I know how much you like liars .... or is it only liars on the leave side you dislike ? ) - nobody remembers the name of the other claimant and it was a man. If my statement upsets you so much I'll change it to 'that digusting lying Gina Miller person'. Awful woman only out to create her own fame.

My signature is proved correct.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Default tariffs, but no default quotas (we need Russia to agree to play along for those)

It ain't gonna happen :smile:

(found that bookies yet ?)

Not sure why you trust a bookies view so much.

Jan 30, 2008
Utter rubbish. Gina Miller 'claimed' to take her court action ( jointly with another claimant ) to ensure the law was upheld. She made constant statements that she wasn't trying to stop Brexit and that she had no desire to do so. Yet after the court found in her favour she's made more and more public appearences attacking Brexit and to self publicise herself. She's a liar ( and I know how much you like liars .... or is it only liars on the leave side you dislike ? ) - nobody remembers the name of the other claimant and it was a man. If my statement upsets you so much I'll change it to 'that digusting lying Gina Miller person'. Awful woman only out to create her own fame.
THIS
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
My signature is proved correct.

Where have I been rude to you ? I've been rude about Gina Miller ...... in EXACTLY the way you have been constantly rude about people on the leave side. Slightly hypocritcal of you to say the least.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
did he explain why, or is that your point. dont really see anyone benefits from delay and nothing is going to change, even if there was a tweak or two from EU, May would have to have a rejected agreement to take seriously. daft move.

I don't think he explained but tbh I was just irate and his repeated mentioning of the parties rather than the country. So I may have missed an explanation!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Where have I been rude to you ? I've been rude about Gina Miller ...... in EXACTLY the way you have been constantly rude about people on the leave side. Slightly hypocritcal of you to say the least.

Show me at least three posts where I have been rude. It would be a minimum of three to be consistent.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am sorry for the insult, but every few weeks on this thread I have a discussion with you about some aspect of Brexit where you keep changing what you are saying. You then say that you understand, go off, talk to your mates, and come back with the exact same questions. (Or at least, that's how it seems).

I don't understand what you are saying now. All negotiations with the WTO were conducted by the largest trading bloc in the world (the EU). If we want to trade under the WTO, we cannot use what was negotiated by the EU as we are not the worlds largest trading bloc and other countries want to renegotiate based on our new position as a single state. We can either submit our own schedule and quotas or fall to the WTO defaults. We have submitted our schedules and quotas 4 months ago. One month ago, Russia stopped all our WTO negotiations. Nothing that the EU negotiated would be available to us if we leave.

You can interpret the above however you want, but we will find out for certain in the next few weeks :shrug:

im a lost sheep because i no longer support leaving, but some of the arguements or drummed up stories against leave still irk me. i dont recall discussing trade for a long time, maybe i did, im usually banging on about Ireland. its been two year, and frankly tedious. i was asking for direct evidence because you said you'd given some. as far as i have read (not mates, reading actual information) we can adopt EU tariffs or any tariff within reason. Quotas are more diffilcult as they are suppoed to be negotiation and we and EU have divved it up, which other nations are using to leverage changes in their favour. but this is beside the point, i still haven't seen the information about what would happen on 30th March on no-deal.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A50 was invoked by an Act of Parliament - it needs one to revoke it - that disgusting Gina Miller woman made sure that was the case.

So tell me, would you have preferred it if May's withdrawal agreement went through without parliament having any say on it?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Because they are experts in not losing money and we both hold experts in high regard ???

Go and ask the ones that had to pay out on Leciester. Regardless, bookies use historical data and current data to determine their odds ..... there is no historical data for leaving the EU. I wonder if the bookies backed the result of the 2016 referendum ? Ahhhh .....

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Show me at least three posts where I have been rude. It would be a minimum of three to be consistent.

You've constantly called the leave campaign corrupt and liars ..... mentioning Farage and Banks a number of times ..... more than three !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
May was in contempt of court last week and today will pull the plug on the vote because she faces certain defeat. Right now she's looking like the shittest dictator since Mugabe.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Reality is starting to bite, this from Tory MP Tobias Ellwood...

If parliament does not agree a Brexit deal soon, then we must recognise that the original mandate to leave, taken over two years ago, will begin to date and will, eventually, no longer represent a reflection of current intent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here