Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
cognitive breakdown?

No,I think the garage told him it needs replacing.It's Perkino who posted about the cambelt.Is Lavi an Astra van?

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, I have. Downturn in retail purchasing. Mothercare closing shops, as are M&S, Carpetright, Maplin, BHS and others.

Owing to everyone doing their shopping on t'internet. absolutely nowt to do with Brexit - exactly the same would be happening if we'd voted remain.

Woolworths and BHS (although I see you adroitly managed to include the demise of BHS as a result of Brexit - nice try!) went the same way before the referendum - they were obviously more ahead of the game than M&S, Maplin's, etc, etc, in this respect.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So the fact that he had previously overestimated the damage Brexit would cause is cause for celebration. Only the mangled waffly "logic" of a classic gammon Brexiteer could possibly arrive at that conclusion.

Yey, we are not as poor as initially thought! Have a biscuit.

It's a comparison with an unknown outcome, so you are simply guessing, currently the only fact is that we are nowhere near what Carney and his pal Osborne told us we would be prior to the referendum whilst at the time you agreed with them, so you were wrong too.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's reality that interest rates have risen and I can't afford to buy or save as much as I did two years ago. I have a very cheap holiday in a caravan site in France, and since the pound dropped in June 2016, it has cost more.

It's a shame they have inflation in France and prices are going up.Not many things get cheaper year on year,do they?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a comparison with an unknown outcome, so you are simply guessing, currently the only fact is that we are nowhere near what Carney and his pal Osborne told us we would be prior to the referendum whilst at the time you agreed with them, so you were wrong too.
I don't recall agreeing with the precise level of damage we were going to do by following through with Brexit, but I knew we would be negatively impacted, which of course we have been.

No need to apologise - I'm used to you getting things wrong (when I can understand your incoherent waffle)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Owing to everyone doing their shopping on t'internet. absolutely nowt to do with Brexit - exactly the same would be happening if we'd voted remain.

Woolworths and BHS (although I see you adroitly managed to include the demise of BHS as a result of Brexit - nice try!) went the same way before the referendum - they were obviously more ahead of the game than M&S, Maplin's, etc, etc, in this respect.

I posted about a downturn in retail purchasing. I did not include the demise of BHS as a result of Brexit. Don't put meanings into my posts that aren't there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a shame they have inflation in France and prices are going up.Not many things get cheaper year on year,do they?

The amount of euros for the campsite haven't changed. The value of the euro to the pound has.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's reality that interest rates have risen and I can't afford to buy or save as much as I did two years ago. I have a very cheap holiday in a caravan site in France, and since the pound dropped in June 2016, it has cost more.

What's that got to do with Carney's statement which you seemed to say was reality, if it was a discussion on interest rates, inflation or your holiday aspirations then fine but it isn't.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How is it reality if no-one is able to definitively give comparable data on an unknown outcome (a Remain win at referendum) ?

Top to bottom of the G7 for growth, enough said. You are in greater denial than the Tories

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I posted about a downturn in retail purchasing. I did not include the demise of BHS as a result of Brexit. Don't put meanings into my posts that aren't there.

I didn't.

I'm sorry you're £900 worse off (as you agreed in your post). I'm not, and I don't personally know anyone who is (I don't, of course, know anyone who has/had BHS or other failed retailers' shares, or a BHS pension which I understand has been ripped off somewhat - they may well have lost money).

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don't recall agreeing with the precise level of damage we were going to do by following through with Brexit, but I knew we would be negatively impacted, which of course we have been.

No need to apologise - I'm used to you getting things wrong (when I can understand your incoherent waffle)

I would prefer if you backed off your abuse, how can you conclude that the Brexit vote has impacted negatively when you seem unable to offer your pre referendum opinion of what you expected to happen or a view on what precisely our economy is failing at currently, how else can you conclude whether it has outperformed expectations or not ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't.

I'm sorry you're £900 worse off (as you agreed in your post). I'm not, and I don't personally know anyone who is (I don't, of course, know anyone who has/had BHS or other failed retailers' shares, or a BHS pension which I understand has been ripped off somewhat - they may well have lost money).

I have had to use savings for every day spending.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The amount of euros for the campsite haven't changed. The value of the euro to the pound has.

Not much of a business if they don't put up their prices with inflation.Surprised it's still open.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not much of a business if they don't put up their prices with inflation.Surprised it's still open.

What a mean spirited small minded reply. Business is doing very well. We are friends with the campsite owners so know how it is doing.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You don't need that. You can simply ascertain that certain economic decisions have been made in preparation for Brexit (and these will largely have a negative impact, things like factories moving to EU nations) whereas we haven't seen any of the benefits that you gammon types have espoused because it hasn't happened yet.

Aaaah so you are introducing more projections, which £40 billion worth of factories are leaving, I note you haven't even mentioned the banking sector a significant sector no doubt modelled into earlier projections but now seems less likely to deliver the Armageddon so often promised.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What a mean spirited small minded reply. Business is doing very well. We are friends with the campsite owners so know how it is doing.

Nothing mean spirited or small minded about it at all.We visit France several times a year and prices,particularly food and energy,have certainly increased since 2016.A business can only absorb a certain amount of extra expense before increasing it's own prices,or it closes.Certainly,you get fewer euros to the pound now,but to say that is the only reason for increased costs is mistaken.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nothing mean spirited or small minded about it at all.We visit France several times a year and prices,particularly food and energy,have certainly increased since 2016.A business can only absorb a certain amount of extra expense before increasing it's own prices,or it closes.Certainly,you get fewer euros to the pound now,but to say that is the only reason for increased costs is mistaken.

Your comment is that it's not much of a business. I didn't realise you were clairvoyant and can comment on it, without knowing the people involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here