Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No.

Yvette Cooper really knows her stuff on this, already calling out the lying old bag May.
Having said all that, you have to admire her in a way (i suppose) to know everything about the whole issue and argue its case over 5 days with some serious questions and arguments being fired from all sides and be able to answer them either truthfully or by twisting the truth to favour her deal and of course plain lying, is quite some feat.
The debate is interesting but mainly its taking my mind off whats going to be going on in an hour or so.

I like Yvetter Cooper and Keir Starmer. I wish they were in charge of Labout.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rather cynical of May to accuse Labour of trying to force a General Election, ANY party in opposition is almost duty bound to try to force a GE at any time and May would be doing exactly this if their positions were reversed. Also a bit rich after she played party politics and called an election that bit her on the arse.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's the first time in history a government has been found in contempt. May could resign, be forced out with a vote of no confidence, or a general election.

new leader, new government, still face the same basic challenge. continue with brexit or tell the people its off. or duck out and have another referendum, which amounts to same as the latter.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Rather cynical of May to accuse Labour of trying to force a General Election, ANY party in opposition is almost duty bound to try to force a GE at any time ...

even when they support the major policy in question?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I agree. This ammendment that has been passed seems to make it a toss up between May's Brexit deal or no Brexit. The ERG will vote with May now?
You can't possibly retract the vote and brexit must be delivered and the best option is to go out on the WTO and talk after....All I see is a bunch of politicians trying to sabotage brexit and labour are desperate for this also.
The only talk should be about getting us out without being bullied by the EU.
Time for some backbone as I'm sick and tired of all these remainers and politicians trying everything to derail it.
We voted out and the best option is to get on with it and respect the vote in a dignified manor.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well I am exceedingly happy that *no deal* Project Abyss is now much less likely. As long as that stays the case I'm not too bothered what happens now.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You can't possibly retract the vote and brexit must be delivered and the best option is to go out on the WTO and talk after....All I see is a bunch of politicians trying to sabotage brexit and labour are desperate for this also.
The only talk should be about getting us out without being bullied by the EU.
Time for some backbone as I'm sick and tired of all these remainers and politicians trying everything to derail it.
We voted out and the best option is to get on with it and respect the vote in a dignified manor.

Is this a warm up for the match thread in 45 minutes.
I am expecting great negativity from you tonight, dont let me down.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
even when they support the major policy in question?

Welcome to politics, Mogg's Dads Army were only too keen to trigger a motion of No Confidence in their own leader which would have almost inevitably led to a General Election.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
From the Daily Express for the Express fans

NO DEAL DEAD: MPs vote to APPROVE Dominic Grieve's SHOCK amendment to Withdrawal Act
THERESA May has been humiliated after suffering three separate Brexit defeats in the House of Commons - including a damning amendment tabled by rebel Dominic Grieve which all but rules out a no-deal exit.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
May seems to think her deal will bring certainty, but surely it simply locks us in to indefinite negotiations. Meanwhile the economy sinks.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Doesn't Corbyn want to be PM?Question time more like waste of time.Perhaps he knows he can't win a GE.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
“So are Raab and Leadsom saying that the vote would be non-legally binding and they would, therefore, be free to disregard it? How are their brains not exploding with the cognitive dissonance?”

Taking back control unless they don’t like the control

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At least there are some MP's looking out for the future of the country and trying to stop us from driving over the edge of a cliff at full speed. No Brexit more likely than No Deal. :sheep:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
May seems to think her deal will bring certainty, but surely it simply locks us in to indefinite negotiations. Meanwhile the economy sinks.

What the Attorney General said in the commons on Monday is that yes, there is no unilateral way out of the backstop, it is unsatisfactory but in his view it is a calculated risk worth taking - essentially because neither party wants the backstop as, should it come into effect, NI will have a trade advantage over all other EU nations as NI goods would be able to freely circulate throughout the UK and the EU whereas EU competitors goods could not. I would have thought that this is quite an important point, but is one that seems to have been lost in all the other goings on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here