Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Quick check i'm replying to Ppf and not PPF :lolol:

I think you should teach the 'on our way' song to melias shoes. Then he could emulate you and post that instead of getting into things he doesn't understand :thumbsup:

You're on your way, you're on your way
How will you get there?
You don't know
Where are you going?
No idea
All you know is that you're on your way

https://youtu.be/M2dhD9zR6hk
Try this tune Watford.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
From Robert Peston...

A shocked Cabinet was today told of Department of Transport contingency plans to own or lease roll-on roll-off lorry ferries to make sure vital supplies of goods, food and medicines continue to reach these shores if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.
According to work commissioned by Chris Grayling, the transport secretary, a possible French decision to reintroduce customs checks could reduce freight coming into the UK via Dover and the Channel Tunnel by around 85%.
So the UK would in those circumstances have to bring in vital imports to other ports such as the Port of London, Tilbury and Liverpool.
The proposed scheme is called GOOL, or Government Owned or Operated Logistics.
“It’s the kind of stuff governments do in a time of war” said one member of the cabinet. “It is as serious as that”.
That said the best precedent for the plan was the creation by Clement Atlee’s Labour government in 1948 of the National Freight Corporation, which was originally known as British Road Services.
In the case of GOOL, three options are being examined: buying ships, leasing them or converting military vessels.
I am told the military option is thought to be the least viable.
“This was the bombshell in a meeting that contained lots of dull stuff” said another minister.
He added that perhaps it would be the “sobering moment” that showed colleagues why a no-deal Brexit would be “so damaging”.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My sister-in-law, who is British, has only a British passport, and has worked as a teacher in Kilkenny and Wexford for the last 20 years?

This is going incredibly well,with very little abuse so far.So,we have 2 definites,plus an unknown number of professionals against the 779,502 known to be in the UK last year (passports renewed).Slight imbalance there,and their continuing residence appears to have been settled with a bi-lateral agreement, presumably with the knowledge and agreement of the EU.So why won't the EU accept a bi-lateral agreement on trade and logistics, as well.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Don't know where the Archbishop of Nausebury got his lyrics,probably from his tea-boy friend who gets everything else wrong.

real lyrics.png

Not long to go now,and then we can all sing together.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is going incredibly well,with very little abuse so far.So,we have 2 definites,plus an unknown number of professionals against the 779,502 known to be in the UK last year (passports renewed)

Ah, that well-known favourite, the Dept of Made-Up Statistics.

According to the ONS, on average 375,900 people born in Ireland were living in the UK from January 2013 to December 2015, compared with 277,200 UK-born occupants in Ireland in 2016.

And according to more recent research from LinkedIn, the trend is for more Brits to move to Ireland than Irish to move to the UK
https://www.businessworld.ie/news/M...land-than-in-the-other-direction--570038.html

Slight imbalance there,and their continuing residence appears to have been settled with a bi-lateral agreement, presumably with the knowledge and agreement of the EU.So why won't the EU accept a bi-lateral agreement on trade and logistics, as well.

As was pointed out several pages ago, the agreement between the UK and the ROI pre-dates both countries joining the EU and will continue no matter what form of Brexit we have.

Still, there's an improvement here - a few pages ago you denied that there was any such agreement between the two countries.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
You can only choose one option.
14b5024cc038a0cd9b71a718d35cdd12.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The one I'd be closest to is the second; I'm not really a hipster and live nowhere near Shoreditch, but I do believe in giving due care and attention to political beliefs, and who doesn't give proper thought to which shoes to buy? Do you think there's something wrong with being careful and thinking at length about things that matter?

Here's another question: presuming you weren't at the big march on Saturday, which of the following do you see as good reasons?
44360681_10161252353110151_3498574754665725952_n.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
After getting mauled by Hopkins, Femi's now getting destroyed by Mike Graham. Not for the squeamish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npxa_74NF8k

Gammon shouting over the top of rational points, if you think he came out on top in this exchange i am not surprised you voted leave. Here is a hint, when someone says "you lost", "it's over" and throws straw man after straw man into the argument, that person is struggling. If he really had him on the ropes he would not have been so keen to get him out of the chair. Shouting loudest and chucking the most insults is not valued highly in debate.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brexiteers getting an absolute ROASTING on this thread today. Sterling work from all involved.

I reluctantly voted remain, I am very uncomfortable with political union - albeit with an understanding that our friends in Europe are still utterly freaked out by German behavior in the world wars including the Germans.

However, I am constantly surprised by the utter ***** posted by some leavers, hell bent on bringing everything down to their level of bitterness, xenophobia and complete misunderstanding of how we both benefit from become a member and oddly also don't.

If you work in an industry where your wages have been squeezed by mainly Eastern European migrants, I completely understand why you are f### off. If you don't want to work in a field picking fruit (although the job centre thinks you should), I wouldn't do it either.

I don't want to work in a coffee shop on minimum wage.

However, if you don't believe that other people in other industries are spending their entire day working on plans for the unknown you are in cloud cuckoo land. I hear it every day up here and I've been consulted myself.

Yeah f### em, they all voted for Blair.

I didn't, we all pay taxes and I work very hard. If you can express why Brexit worked for you - believe me I'm all ears. But if it was simply about f##### someone else other, history tells us hell will rain down on you eventually.

The intelligent and empathetic will find a way, not the bitter.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
After getting mauled by Hopkins, Femi's now getting destroyed by Mike Graham. Not for the squeamish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npxa_74NF8k

This is actually a perfect visual and audio representation of what happens in this thread every day. Remainer makes rational and considered points about the reality of the terrible situation. Fat white middle-aged man just shouts over him with nonsense and thinks he "won" a "debate". There's no "debate" in this video just as there's no debating on this thread. Just jingoistic nationalist gammon bites interspersed with reasoned responses from people with brain cells.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is going incredibly well,with very little abuse so far.So,we have 2 definites,plus an unknown number of professionals against the 779,502 known to be in the UK last year (passports renewed).Slight imbalance there,and their continuing residence appears to have been settled with a bi-lateral agreement, presumably with the knowledge and agreement of the EU.So why won't the EU accept a bi-lateral agreement on trade and logistics, as well.

Jesus Christ 2P, how do you manage to get so much wrong in 4 sentences?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here