Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Maybe I needed to be more specific, I'm referring to Automotive manufacturing.

Thousands of families tonight will be fearing for their lively hoods. Its not too late for JLR but if we carry on down the suicide route of hard Brexit there will be no case to carry on in the UK. Nissan, Honda, BMW Mini are all in danger

What`s the definition of hard and soft Brexit this week?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There are three categories of revolting Remainer: Ideological Remainers, Professional Remainers and Worried Remainers, what makes them tick?

https://brexitcentral.com/three-categories-revolting-remainer-makes-tick/

In other news, I see some of our great National papers representing the majority are putting May on Notice. Tick tock ...

https://order-order.com/2018/06/11/sunmail-telegraph-warn-may/

There are 3 types of Leaver, unfortunately the swear filter wont allow me to show the categories.
From your first link "Worried Remainers deserve to have their fears taken seriously and the effort to reassure them by well-based arguments is an urgent political need." I have an explanation for why the well based arguments are not forthcoming, they don't exist.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maybe I needed to be more specific, I'm referring to Automotive manufacturing.

Thousands of families tonight will be fearing for their lively hoods. Its not too late for JLR but if we carry on down the suicide route of hard Brexit there will be no case to carry on in the UK. Nissan, Honda, BMW Mini are all in danger

All over the EU no more in the EU with Trump on the other side of the Atlantic. They have more to fear with the tit for tat war they want to expand.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

What an excellent article. Every remainer can identify themselves in this, but of course, they won't/can't. I feel sorry for the Worried Remainers, but ultimately they are the victims of the Professional Remainers, who generate and exacerbate their worries at every opportunity, not victims of Brexit. Sadly, they won't be able to see that either.

Doubtless there'll be one of their ilk along in a minute or two.........................

D

Deleted member 22389

30 years of manufacturing the Discovery gone in a flash. What a disaster, my fear this is start of the Brexit rot setting in

Plans to shift production where obviously in the pipe line long before brexit. They started building the factory in 2015. Its obviously cheaper to manufacture there than other countries in the EU. In or out this wouldn't have made any difference. If anything building hybrids here is the future as petrol will eventually fade out.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Another day

The UK's trade deficit widened in April, according to the latest figures from the Office for National Statistics. The deficit in goods and services widened to £5.28bn from £3.22bn in March. The goods trade deficit widened to £14.04bn in April - the biggest such deficit since September 2016.

Industrial output in Apiril fell by 0.8%, Manufacturing output contracted by 1.4%

It's been a grim few days for the UK's High Streets, with House of Fraser announcing the closure of 31 stores last week, and discount retailer Poundworld now set to enter administration. High Streets saw footfall rise 0.6% last month. Rolls Royce due to announce 4K job cuts.

The pound has fallen sharply against other currencies following the latest wave of economic data.

The figures are only going in one direction. Brexiteers still have their heads in the sand. More austerity for all....

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
30 years of manufacturing the Discovery gone in a flash. What a disaster, my fear this is start of the Brexit rot setting in

I fear it's well set in already be interesting to see see a list of larger companies that as guide employ over a 1000 individuals that have closed or moved since Brexit was announced and total the job losses

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“The demise of Poundworld follows the collapse into administration this year of the electronics firm Maplin and Toys R Us. House of Fraser announced plans last week to close 31 stores, putting a further 6,000 jobs at risk. Mothercare, New Look and Carpetright are closing dozens of outlets. Restaurants including Prezzo, the burger chain Byron and Jamie’s Italian have also closed outlets.”

D

Deleted member 22389

The figures are only going in one direction. Brexiteers still have their heads in the sand. More austerity for all....

Austerity caused by the banks, increased immigration created by EU free movement rules, housing boom created by foreign investors in London, people from london / Brighton selling up moving down this way for a better life and cheaper housing, more houses having to be built to keep up with demand, roads and services over capacity. That is the truth and has nothing to do with Brexit.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why is there so many people on here thinking it is going to be all bad? It isn't..it will be brilliant...we will be getting our country back...may will be binned, boris, gove and Rees mogg will form the next government and there are all these countries who are just queuing up to do trade with us. So what we lose the car industry..it doesn't matter, they are all Japanese and german and French companies anyway so it doesn't matter, they are foreign. We have our service industry to rely on, which is going from strength to strength...ok so some big shops are going bust, that is fine...we will just spend our money on line.

And this argument about all the foreigners over here staffing our NHS, our coffee shops, our hotel and entertainment industry, our pubs and clubs....it's bollox. There are millions of unemployed English people who are just waiting to take these jobs.

You are all snowflakes...it is going to be brilliant. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if all the countries of the Empire are queuing up to come back to the fold ...even the USA have fallen out with canada so let's not trade with the US as they are bad people and instead trade with Canada...we need fish, seal fur and moose to replace frogs legs, snails and onions!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
people from london / Brighton selling up moving down this way for a better life and cheaper housing.

How do you propose resolving this then?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
And this argument about all the foreigners over here staffing our NHS, our coffee shops, our hotel and entertainment industry, our pubs and clubs....it's bollox. There are millions of unemployed English people who are just waiting to take these jobs.

You're right ! I think we should be more positive and embrace the changes

UdemZH0L.jpeg

No ketchup on mine, thanks

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What an excellent article. Every remainer can identify themselves in this, but of course, they won't/can't. I feel sorry for the Worried Remainers, but ultimately they are the victims of the Professional Remainers, who generate and exacerbate their worries at every opportunity, not victims of Brexit. Sadly, they won't be able to see that either.

Doubtless there'll be one of their ilk along in a minute or two.........................

Funny that, if someone had used an adjective like "Rancid" to describe Leavers on this thread, you would be top suspect for a reply condemning abusive language and that it showed a lack of argument by resorting to insult.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're right ! I think we should be more positive and embrace the changes

They will be queuing up to work in cafes and restaurants very shortly. Hope they know the difference between an Ethiopian blend and a single Cuban.

Attachments

• CBA312D8-0BC3-41CF-85EE-0473DC7557E7.jpeg
    CBA312D8-0BC3-41CF-85EE-0473DC7557E7.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 69

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I fear it's well set in already be interesting to see see a list of larger companies that as guide employ over a 1000 individuals that have closed or moved since Brexit was announced and total the job losses

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

This might interest you as somebody has been keeping track:

https://twitter.com/MrHickmott
https://en-gb.facebook.com/BrexitWrecksIt/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...9T87ZmnSdAEPCzp5ljlNYoUNdxJiJqQdBm7b/pubhtml#

Obviously this comes with the caveat that it's been compiled by a remoaner who thinks he's an expert and these imaginary job losses and continuing austerity #wouldhavehappenedanyway and are nothing to do with Brexit etc

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here