Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The true traitors will be the ones that voted without any consideration of whether it was good for the country or not but blindly following their prejudice/bigotry and/or extreme political beliefs.

Personally, I think that's a little strong. For me, the TRUE traitors, are those who lied to and conned the easily led, and sought to harness said prejudice/bigotry, for their own motives.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I do think that by having pastawhatsisface on ignore you are missing out on some of the funniest things on NSC. Admittedly, there is an awful lot of crap to sift through to unearth the Gems, but such is life :thumbsup:

(Please don't tell me you had him on ignore for the screenshot :lolol:)

I agree - he never fails to make you feel so much better about yourself as he really does come across as a most extra special kind of ****head.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think you're anti-immigration, and please don't think I'm picking on you, but you keep on doing it

These issues have been discussed numerous times throughout the whole Brexit debate (and not just on NSC). And time and time again you've proven that you just weren't listening

i would ask you to explain, but know you'll dismiss it. i do know how immigration works, how EU citizens are permitted to stay, and how there is no meaningful mechanism to control that because of deficiencies in our legislation. this was not something widely noted in the previous 20 years of debate over EU, as shown by those in favour of the EU failing to address concerns on this issue.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm afraid that there were people who told you what has always been available to the UK to control EU immigration (I've lost count of how many times on this thread alone), but has never been implemented. I suspect that you were too busy shouting 'project fear' to listen.

Leavers also forget the problem with borders etc is also down to the WTO, and we can't escape that unless we exit this planet.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
i would ask you to explain, but know you'll dismiss it. i do know how immigration works, how EU citizens are permitted to stay, and how there is no meaningful mechanism to control that because of deficiencies in our legislation. this was not something widely noted in the previous 20 years of debate over EU, as shown by those in favour of the EU failing to address concerns on this issue.

When you say concerns do you mean those raised by years and years of anti EU rhetoric, lies and half truths by our wonderful balanced utterly non biased press? You only have to look at today's Daily mail front page. If you through enough mud some will eventually stick so I am not surprised there are concerns even if they were pretty much unfounded! I will always remember that leave ad that showed the old women not being able to get seen at A&E then apparently when we leave the EU the A&E is clear and is seen straight away!! Disgraceful propaganda worthy of Joseph Gobbels himself!

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
When you say concerns do you mean those raised by years and years of anti EU rhetoric, lies and half truths by our wonderful balanced utterly non biased press?

yes those. not answered, corrected or otherwise resolved, instead waved away.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Clearly it seems you have fallen for the propaganda - hook line and sinker to!

??? fallen for what, i agree with you. dont you think propaganda against immigration should have been dealt with directly?

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
??? fallen for what, i agree with you. dont you think propaganda against immigration should have been dealt with directly?

I think you will find, as I said previously, it is hard trying to refute anti EU propaganda that has been fed to the population over many years.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I do think that by having pastawhatsisface on ignore you are missing out on some of the funniest things on NSC. Admittedly, there is an awful lot of crap to sift through to unearth the Gems, but such is life :thumbsup:

(Please don't tell me you had him on ignore for the screenshot :lolol:)

I did...what was the post number?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You really are completely and utterly stupid aren't you! I think you really believe all that crap in the Daily Mail. Pretty much all the EU migrants work and contribute taxes so they contribute to help pay for the infrastructure! And it would take thousands of years to concrete over and completely urbanise the uk. Finally if Brexit is a success (ha bloody ha!) and the economy grows the level of migration will more than likely be at be at current levels anyway! So where is you argument now about population growth!

The only way to curtail immigration, be it from the EU or the rest of the world is to make the UK less attractive and brexiteers seems to be doing a great job in that respect but unfortunately they are really ****ing up the country for everyone, themselves included! It is often the case that brexiteers call reamainers/remoaners traitors but I suspect that in future years when the history of these times is written then the consensus will be that the true patriots will be the remainers and that the true traitors will be the people who supported brexit! But by then is will be too late!

By the way having traveled all over the country following the Albion there are many, many Brits I would love to chuck out! :):albion2:

According to some on here the whole immigration debate would have been negated and sorted years ago if we had simply got tough on EU jobseekers and thrown them out for being unemployed, apart from the fact you cant deport a EU national for simply being unemployed anyway the numbers of unemployed involved must be truly breathtaking if it would have swayed the concerns of millions who want to see more control of our borders.
If the UK is now less attractive to immigrants thanks to us why are the numbers still high? Why are we not seeing just a couple of thousand coming here, and hundreds of thousands departing a month?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Personally, I think that's a little strong. For me, the TRUE traitors, are those who lied to and conned the easily led, and sought to harness said prejudice/bigotry, for their own motives.

Agree, the offshore media barons spreading lies and stirring up hate and putting smiles on the faces of Trump, Putin and Le Pen

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So, rather like 'what we should do with the borders and the trade deal', you don't have answer other than 'just get on with it' :shrug:

Talking about answers. Still no response from you if you still believe, as you did previously, that Brexit wont happen or have you been forced to change that stance due to a realisation it’s a fantasy.
You having difficulty deciding?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A post number wont help you will it, have you forgotten you apparently have me on ignore?
Get one of the gullible ones to post it for you, plenty to choose from.

Everything okay?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great thanks, ......still leaving the EU...........looking forward to it, 8 group runners up still in the offing for my goliath, things are looking rosy.
Hows your "Brexit wont happen " stance coming along?

Okay. I just wondered as you’re not having the best of days in this thread and I noticed you were talking about shagging a chicken in another and being a bit weird elsewhere; I was worried for you.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
According to some on here the whole immigration debate would have been negated and sorted years ago if we had simply got tough on EU jobseekers and thrown them out for being unemployed, apart from the fact you cant deport a EU national for simply being unemployed anyway the numbers of unemployed involved must be truly breathtaking if it would have swayed the concerns of millions who want to see more control of our borders.
If the UK is now less attractive to immigrants thanks to us why are the numbers still high? Why are we not seeing just a couple of thousand coming here, and hundreds of thousands departing a month?

So how many EU jobseekers are there? The millions were conned by years and years of anti EU rhetoric whereby anything done by the EU = Bad so what do you expect? As regards EU migration it is falling as fewer EU citizens are coming here and more are leaving. I suspect that over the years less and less will come and more and more will leave as they find they can obtain better salaries/pay and living standards elsewhere in Europe!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here