Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sainsbury's aren't competitive with anybody on most things.Only the type of person who shops at Waitrose by choice thinks they are.As you used beans as an example,how about these prices?

View attachment 101360

View attachment 101361

View attachment 101362

Guess which one is the Sainsbury option.

Again you have DESTROYED my analogy that a supermarket group with enormous purchasing power, will be more competitive than an independent corner shop, by comparing Sainsbury's prices with two other enormous supermarket groups.

I feel really SILLY now.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Again you have DESTROYED my analogy that a supermarket group with enormous purchasing power, will be more competitive than an independent corner shop, by comparing Sainsbury's prices with two other enormous supermarket groups.

I feel really SILLY now.

Abduls Pak Supermarket- (Albert Road) doesn't stock
Nisa Station Road - no stock,but normally 95p a large tin.
Best One Bordesley Green East -96p a large tin
No need to feel that silly,but Sainsbury's prices ain't cheap.That's why shopping around,instead of going back to the same market because you have to,is a good idea.Why buy from the EU when most non-luxury stuff is a lot cheaper elsewhere?
Disclaimer.Not a shopping nutter.Me and grandson trying to find green pack Match Attax cards.(only need 3 more Albion)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I feel fine, thanks for enquiring, but, by my reading of your posts on this thread on this forum over the past several weeks/ months, I'd suggest maybe you would be a lot better served asking yourself that particular question :D

Do you shop in Waitrose/Sainsbury?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He said "a bit dim", not "as thick as pig-shit".

That's not very nice.You seem to have a bit of a piggy fetish.Are you in the Bullingdon boys?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Abduls Pak Supermarket- (Albert Road) doesn't stock
Nisa Station Road - no stock,but normally 95p a large tin.
Best One Bordesley Green East -96p a large tin
No need to feel that silly,but Sainsbury's prices ain't cheap.That's why shopping around,instead of going back to the same market because you have to,is a good idea.Why buy from the EU when most non-luxury stuff is a lot cheaper elsewhere?
Disclaimer.Not a shopping nutter.Me and grandson trying to find green pack Match Attax cards.(only need 3 more Albion)

Oh dear 2P. You really, REALLY are flailing around here.

I know this is all a bit ABSTRACT, but Best One and Nisa ARE both collectives of independent retailers, joining forces to increase their buying power, and rationalize their logistics. They are not the 'completely independent corner shop' of my analogy. They ARE effectively the UK within the EU, trying to retain what competitive advantages they can, to do business in the face of the bigger single brands (USA, China, etc). What the swivel-eyed want, is for us to be Abduls Pak Supermarket*, which can't stock the beans at all, because they know they wouldn't be able to sell any at the prices they'd need to charge.

(apologies to Abdul if he is in fact part of a chain too - never heard of him / them)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Poor Nigel. What is it about NigeLLLLLLLs? It's well known he is a Palace supporter.

[tweet]1052510891772497920[/tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Do you shop in Waitrose/Sainsbury?

Thank you again for your interest 2P, alas no, I cannot remember exactly when the last time I shopped at Waitrose, I believe it may have been when I used their car park for convenience, on Western road, Brighton! Then had to make a purchase to gain exit creditation, very occasionally the other half (wife ) will shop at Sainsbury's, generally we use the local Morrison, Tesco, Asda or indeed Aldi on Lottbridge drove. In answer to the bean analogy, supermarket own brand four packs are generally competitively priced whichever large supermarket chain one chooses to use, whereby local small business retailers do tend to have to charge a higher price for individual tins. This is where the bean analogy certainly makes sense to those who understand it. Thank you again for all your interest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wonder if Mogg’s nanny will be feeding his kids milk from cows injected with bovine growth hormone?

Corrected for you.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I had my chance on the Referendum and guess what ............we're leaving the EU :bigwave:
regards
DR

You did, indeed, have your chance at the referendum. Unfortunately to got it wrong.

The government are just trying to figure out how wrong you were and will get straight back to you when they find out :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here