View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
606. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

429 70.79%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

177 29.21%
Page 6255 of 6455 FirstFirst ... 525557556155620562456252625362546255625662576258626563056355 ... LastLast
Results 62,541 to 62,550 of 64546

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's my thinking as well, for a time limited period to begin with. We have to hit no deal territory first though.
    My guess at the moment, will be an extension of current terms (ie full membership, full payment, no influence) pushing the NI/Ireland decision back into that extension, or TM will do what she did in December last year for the phase 1 negotiations and agree full CU membership at the 11th hour. That would, of course, open up the 2 year extension to membership (the one that used to be called 'implemenation' but is now called 'transition'). And she has already asked for a further year's extension on that.

Beyond that, who knows

More fudging and perfect conditions for business and economic growth.

But the only thing that is certain is that we are not leaving on 29th March 2019 with a WTO 'no deal', and anyone who still thinks we are must be a little 'challenged'
    Last edited by WATFORD zero; 25-10-2018 at 10:27.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Thank God we've got rid of them.

“Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      My guess at the moment, will be an extension of current terms (ie full membership, full payment, no influence) pushing the NI/Ireland decision back into that extension, or TM will do what she did in December last year for the phase 1 negotiations and agree full CU membership at the 11th hour. That would, of course, open up the 2 year extension to membership (the one that used to be called 'implemenation' but is now called 'transition'). And she has already asked for a further year's extension on that.

Beyond that, who knows

More fudging and perfect conditions for business and economic growth.

But the only thing that is certain is that we are not leaving on 29th March 2019 with a WTO 'no deal', and anyone who still thinks we are must be a little 'challenged'
      That's perfectly possible. EFTA is cheaper though than an ongoing implementation period in budgetary contributions, and as you know full well 3 years isn't going to be nearly enough time for what will need to put in place and built, both infrastructure and administration wise, for an FTA let alone the no deal fable. There's also the problem of the Scottish Tories promises on the CFP with a status quo transition and EFTA FOM is a better spin line to make on immigration than FOM just carrying on exactly as now in a transition. It also keeps the UK together (for now) and all constituent parts equal.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      ND is still the Brexiteers wet dream

Starting to think we will probably end up with a Norway style EFTA / EEA deal, probably the only thing that could get through parliament.
      It would probably get through parliament although May would have to rely on enough Labour MPs coming aboard to compensate for the ERG ones she'd lose. If the deal is benign enough for Corbyn not to apply the whips in voting against it she will be home and dry. The dynamics of the house will be transformed though.

It is worth bearing in mind that a Norway-style deal is hardly anyone's favourite. I recall a recent poll mentioning 11 per cent. We will have gone through this nasty, divisive and expensive process in order to get to a situation that no one really wants. What a victory.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      That's perfectly possible. EFTA is cheaper though than an ongoing implementation period in budgetary contributions, and as you know full well 3 years isn't going to be nearly enough time for what will need to put in place and built, both infrastructure and administration wise, for an FTA let alone the no deal fable. There's also the problem of the Scottish Tories promises on the CFP with a status quo transition and EFTA FOM is a better spin line to make on immigration than FOM just carrying on exactly as now in a transition. It also keeps the UK together (for now) and all constituent parts equal.
      Whether it's EFTA or extensions, the problem is that we are in limbo with none of the politicians (of any side) wanting to make a decision and alienate a significant proportion of the electorate. This is the original death by a thousand cuts to both businesses and the economy, with no possibility of forward planning or sufficient confidence for investment.

If no politician is willing to make a decision, the only way out of this that I can see is a further vote (either referendum or GE) further down the line when the economic impact of this farcical situation that we are currently in becomes clear.
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      I'm not too sure I'd plunge the entire country into the abyss for £150k, but it's nice to know not everybody loses.

Attachment 101609
      Perhaps if you added the other 72 MEPs payments in,it might go some way to explaining costs we will not have to pay anymore.
      In Chris We Trust.
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      There are a lot of oldies with defined benefit pensions that don't give a sh1t, they know best and feel little gratitude for the last 40 years where the country generally has generally gone from strength to strength

These people but not stupid but are just pretty selfish and contribute very little to the world around them
      You really amaze me,managing to combine being a bore and a boor is pretty unique.Who do you think created the wealth of the last 40 years,and contribute massively by charity volunteering.You obviously have no idea of charity,so look it up.It comes between cant and c<nt.
      In Chris We Trust.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      To be fair, you are not unusual amongst a certain group of the populace who, having slowly (in some cases, VERY slowly) dawned on them how badly thought out their preferred option was, have now decided to run away 'or become bored' with the total F*** up they have created and hope that someone else will sort it out.

Don't worry, as per normal, the grown-ups will deal with it
      I’m actually a remainer and voted as such... if you go back far enough in this two grouped circle jerk you’ll find me saying exactly that. Thanks for the condescending bollocks though.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Two Professors View Post
      Perhaps if you added the other 72 MEPs payments in,it might go some way to explaining costs we will not have to pay anymore.
      It's those ridiculous simplistic arguments that annoy me.

There are good arguments on either side of the debate, but to suggest we are quids in because of MEP salaries is utter nonsense.

Far outweighed (for years) by the money spent by UK business to put contingency plans in place. Consultants and Solicitors have been raking it in.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      It's those ridiculous simplistic arguments that annoy me.

There are good arguments on either side of the debate, but to suggest we are quids in because of MEP salaries is utter nonsense.

Far outweighed (for years) by the money spent by UK business to put contingency plans in place. Consultants and Solicitors have been raking it in.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Not to mention the 2.5% of lost GDP since the UK embarked on its Brexit paralysis. MEP's salaries really are a drop in the ocean...
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated 2018