Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have no issue with people that decide to live outside the UK. One day I will do so. But to expect them to be able to have a vote on the decisions that affects people that do actually live here when they live elsewhere seems a tad hypocritical. .

This is a daft argument as decisions made by British governments affect me. And I still pay some tax in the UK so I’m certainly entitled to vote on who spends my taxes.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
image.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Tories have a pretty shocking record when it comes to the environment, not usually big on petitions but this one is worth signing

https://secure.greenpeace.org.uk/pa...ace&utm_medium=EM&utm_campaign=NBREBXPEEM011M

I'm all for high environmental standards - in fact we have higher standards in many areas then the rest of the EU. The problem with that petition is that it claims plans have been watered down yet provides diddly squat detail. So I won't be signing it. I actually think Gove is proving to be a pretty decent Environment Minister ...... he was awful in Education though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like Monarch May is going to try and rail road through a hard Brexit in one day to overturn all 15 amendments from the Lords in one session. This one may welcome back fire..

Capture.JPG

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Looks like Monarch May is going to try and rail road through a hard Brexit in one day to overturn all 15 amendments from the Lords in one session. This one may welcome back fire..

View attachment 97422

so it'll be down to the Commons to deal with amendments. thats what you'd perfer, right, the Commons passing law rather than the Lords?

D

Deleted member 22389

:facepalm:

Waiting with bated breath for your "Badgers against Brexit" thread. OK, carry on remoaning...........................

The moaning is bad enough on here, imagine if you had to live with them. They must be driving their partners up the wall.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
The moaning is bad enough on here, imagine if you had to live with them. They must be driving their partners up the wall.

Government now decided that the white paper on Brexit may or may not be published before the next summit of EU leaders later this month, with Number 10 saying it was "not putting a time frame on it". It's getting more like the Hokey-Cokey on an hourly basis.

As the government lurches from one panicked disaster to another, it doesn't give you any cause for a little concern ?

But I can't imagine what those remoaners are finding to moan about, given that the negotiations are going so well.

Still tick-tock (or maybe tock-tick by lunchtime) :D

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's posts like this that confirms to me that you know you have made a huge mistake, you just won't admit it and neither will the vast majority of leave voters.

Made a mistake 'IN YOUR OPINION' - that doesn't make you right. I'm more than happy with my vote and if another one was held today I'd vote the same way.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Made a mistake 'IN YOUR OPINION' - that doesn't make you right. I'm more than happy with my vote and if another one was held today I'd vote the same way.

I'm not trying to score points here but I really wonder if there's anything that would give you (or like-minded) cause for regret or incline you to change your vote if it there was a chance. (In other words, just how bad would it have to get?)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here