Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Such a funny old soak ! Nothing like sticking your fingers in your ears and going "La la la". I thought scientists were meant to listen to all views before forming a theory/opinion ?

*** And yes, I KNOW you won't read this as I'm on your ignore list for some reason ***

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm perplexed as to what this has to do with Brexit ?

If 'random when under the influence of alcohol' was an Olympic discipline, Team GB would have had a gold medal winner from Atlanta through to Beijing in me. (For London and Rio I would have switched allegiances and competed for my second country of Botswana though as they have blue passports.)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If 'random when under the influence of alcohol' was an Olympic discipline, Team GB would have had a gold medal winner from Atlanta through to Beijing in me. (For London and Rio I would have switched allegiances and competed for my second country of Botswana though as they have blue passports.)

So in summary, you were drunk when posting ? Good work :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

startedearly.png

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I heard Mr. Rees-Mogg on the wireless this morning, he took a call from a gentleman who had had a medical device he had ordered from the States, sitting in customs for 3 weeks. He was concerned that making all imports subject to customs approval would make this sort of thing worse.
Mr. Rees-Mogg confidently informed him that customs practices in the UK were currently under EU rules and that by leaving the EU we will have less delays as we will be able to just wave stuff through without checking if it is what it says it is and whether it has paid the right tariff or needs to be recorded as part of a quota, and that in the short term at least, this is exactly what we will be doing.

Does anyone on the leave side here believe this to be true?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I heard Mr. Rees-Mogg on the wireless this morning, he took a call from a gentleman who had had a medical device he had ordered from the States, sitting in customs for 3 weeks. He was concerned that making all imports subject to customs approval would make this sort of thing worse.
Mr. Rees-Mogg confidently informed him that customs practices in the UK were currently under EU rules and that by leaving the EU we will have less delays as we will be able to just wave stuff through without checking if it is what it says it is and whether it has paid the right tariff or needs to be recorded as part of a quota, and that in the short term at least, this is exactly what we will be doing.

Does anyone on the leave side here believe this to be true?

So basically, our border controls would become more lax if we left the EU?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Neil Wheeler, an NHS security official who was at a truckers’ stop along the route, said he was concerned about emergency services. “If you have gridlock and you have an accident on the road, I do not see how you will be able to get to hospital,” he said.

Well, yeah.

What if there's an accident/breakdown and the lorries can't move. It's so ****ed.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That whole episode where she made a mess of answering questions on the cost of her proposed new police recruits very much reminds me of you on here talking about America. I wonder if she's admitted her seemingly unforgivably stupid mistake yet? If so, that would appear to be the difference between you and her.

She's on the Any Questions panel at Henfield on Friday, with soft Brexiteer Brokenshire and hard Brexiteer Lawson D. Is there anything anyone would like me to ask her?

Jan 30, 2008
Such a funny old soak ! Nothing like sticking your fingers in your ears and going "La la la". I thought scientists were meant to listen to all views before forming a theory/opinion ?

*** And yes, I KNOW you won't read this as I'm on your ignore list for some reason ***
H just needs a hug bless him
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here