Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So...
yes, sorry about the timing. For varous reasons was not in Brighton and while I was trying to watch on youtube on my phone, I got a bit bored of watching old 1980's pop while the stuff I really wanted to see (players on bus) was in a tiny box in the corner of the screen.

I didn't put it in the Brexit thread because it is not about Brexit. Or certainly not just about Brexit. It is not even really about rules being broken. It is essentially about the question of whether or not 'controlling the data' now means controilling democracy. And about who controls the data. I posted because it is proper investigative journalism and there isn't enough of that anymore (Telegraph and Guardian/Observer only broadsheets that seem to still invest in real long term research). So I believe it deserves exposure. It may stand up to scrutiny, it may not. But it is not a whacko conspiracy piece as some seem determined to label it. The facts are presented, with sources, and conclusions drawn. All of those named have been given a chance to respond. It is published in a mainstream media outlet and open to public rebuttal. Given that lawyers for Cambridge Analytica are already issung threats, it is safe to say it will not go unchallenged.

If you don't find this sort of thing interesting then don't bother. but for those that do like to think and discuss this sort of stuff (and there are plenty on here I know) I think it is worth reading properly.

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...t-robbery-hijacked-democracy?CMP=share_btn_tw
Finally it is all starting to come out

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/975807252258058240?s=19

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Its the old leftwing chestnut of how the media influences and mind controls everyone to vote for nazis, apart from you of course, who is above this and happily waiting for Trumplestiltskin to be nabbed by muller because muh Russia.[emoji106]

Oh aye, Trumpski will be going down for sure.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The truth is out there...

tin_foil_hat-218x300.gif

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And expected the can was kicked down the road and the big issues are yet to be played out.

Capitulation on pretty much everything so far, doesn't bode well

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Like the way the EU insisted on a set end date for the transition period and trade deals with numerous nations can be negotiated/ ready to go by the end.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Like the way the EU insisted on a set end date for the transition period and trade deals with numerous nations can be negotiated/ ready to go by the end.

Which can take 7 years to finalise. Trade deals are rarely done in a short timeframe.
Total and utter capitulation as expected from our bunch of clowns.
If you haven't done so already I suggest you watch tonight's Newsnight, Rees Smug is not a happy boy and was being consoled by his butler.
"The country has rolled over and not even had its tummy tickled"
Marvellous scenes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No-one updated the thread title yet? :angel:

:lolol: I also see the government caved in, yet again, over freedom of movement during this period. Going well. One more delay and there will be a different government to enact the will of the people. What a mess.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Another problem for T. May: the Scottish Tory MPs kicking-off on the fishing issue. Could they be a DUP Mark 2 for this government as they try to hang on to office? The attractiveness of the deal is lyrically captured below:

Douglas Ross, the Tory MP for Moray, said: “There is no spinning this as a good outcome. It would be easier to get someone to drink a pint of sick than try to sell this as a success."

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Another problem for T. May: the Scottish Tory MPs kicking-off on the fishing issue. Could they be a DUP Mark 2 for this government as they try to hang on to office? The attractiveness of the deal is lyrically captured below:

Douglas Ross, the Tory MP for Moray, said: “There is no spinning this as a good outcome. It would be easier to get someone to drink a pint of sick than try to sell this as a success."

The Tory truce on Brexit won't last long. Some big votes coming up in parliament

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think about given up on brexit. today i heard fisherman whine on about how they are being betrayed because things wont change immediately. yes, there will be a transition period, and things wont switch immediatly, and may have to wait another couple of years. too many groups using EU as excuse for their own failings. give up, stay in and embrace the federal state, clearly we're already tied in further than was claimed, for better and worse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
i think about given up on brexit. today i heard fisherman whine on about how they are being betrayed because things wont change immediately. yes, there will be a transition period, and things wont switch immediatly, and may have to wait another couple of years. too many groups using EU as excuse for their own failings. give up, stay in and embrace the federal state, clearly we're already tied in further than was claimed, for better and worse.

We are, and always have been, more tied into the EEC / EU than most politicians were / are prepared to admit. Admitting it would highlight their actions they have taken over the years without telling the voters. Edward Heath admitted it would happen - he has even admitted to hiding that it would happen as voters in the 70s would have rejected joining.

Yes the government have capitulated in most areas DURING THE TRANSITION PERIOD - the fishing rights is particularly disgusting. BUT come 2020 the EU can swivel. I wouldn't give up yet - there's some swivel eyed pro EU posters on here - some like Nicko31 who have no grasp of reality - but we will leave. It's a shame that next GE we'll have a choice of a Tory party that has been treacherous to the electorate, a Labour leader that likes terrorists or the Lib Dem party that will throw away their policies at the sniff of power. Scum the lot of them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We are, and always have been, more tied into the EEC / EU than most politicians were / are prepared to admit. Admitting it would highlight their actions they have taken over the years without telling the voters. Edward Heath admitted it would happen - he has even admitted to hiding that it would happen as voters in the 70s would have rejected joining.

Yes the government have capitulated in most areas DURING THE TRANSITION PERIOD - the fishing rights is particularly disgusting. BUT come 2020 the EU can swivel. I wouldn't give up yet - there's some swivel eyed pro EU posters on here - some like Nicko31 who have no grasp of reality - but we will leave. It's a shame that next GE we'll have a choice of a Tory party that has been treacherous to the electorate, a Labour leader that likes terrorists or the Lib Dem party that will throw away their policies at the sniff of power. Scum the lot of them.

Chin up. UKIP are still looking for a new leader, you may still get your chance. Thanks for your kind words

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Has anyone finally reached the conclusion that, despite stats and counter stats, we haven't a clue how all this is going to work out ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here