Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just corrected for you :lol:

Let's stop it all, implement what was voted for and everyone get behind it then we can all be nice again.
I agree words like f*cking idiot are a bit over the top, I wouldn't even call WATFORD Zero that
Let's all calm down a bit we are playing Man U at home tomorrow.
F******g politics, it all bullshit.

We're not getting very far here are we.
We need Henry Kissinger to step in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
OK Nibble. Go take your medicine and hope your sad life improves. Loser.

I'll let you have that as the last word even though it is not an insult to me but to people with mental health needs.You've shown a little bit about yourself there. Have a delightful evening.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just corrected for you :lol:

Let's stop it all, implement what was voted for and everyone get behind it then we can all be nice again.
I agree words like f*cking idiot are a bit over the top, I wouldn't even call WATFORD Zero that
Let's all calm down a bit we are playing Man U at home tomorrow.
F******g politics, it all bullshit.

But we are implementing exactly what you voted for.

I think asking the government to change direction every time you decide to change your mind may not be the greatest way for one of the world's great powers to conduct it's foreign affairs :shrug:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The reasons that were given at the time for not extending the vote to these people, and to 16 and 17 year olds, and also for not having a threshold for making a change and just a simple majority regardless of turnout, was that the referendum was advisory only, and that Parliament would decide what to actually do.

I listened to and read most of the debate on who should or should not have the vote during the Referendum Bill process, there were many reasons for and against before the amendment votes on the franchise were defeated but i dont recall once anyone saying the franchise shouldnt be changed to include over 15yr expats or the vote shouldnt be extended to 16,17 yr olds because the referendum was advisory.Are you sure you heard that correctly? Have a link?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Genuine and polite request: When you address posts to me can you please refrain from using derogatory terms for people with mental health issues. If you feel this to be a request you cannot fulfill, kindly abstain from directing any further posts at to me. Thanks in advance.

Oi psycho.
(I understand , according to your own standards of mental health derogatory language this is acceptable terminology)

Give up mate. He’s an absolute psycho.Total nut job.

Your victim card and your moral stance (hypocritical) expired long ago.
In conclusion shut up.

larus

But we are implementing exactly what you voted for.

I think asking the government to change direction every time you decide to change your mind may not be the greatest way for one of the world's great powers to conduct it's foreign affairs :shrug:

Come on, let’s try this one more time. Concentrate really hard. I’m rooting for you - you really can answer this question.

Tell me, who on the Leave side has been actively involved in the negotiations with the EU?

David Davis was marginalised by TM telling the EU to deal with Olly Robbins, so you can’t say him.

Let me give you a clue as to who has been the architects of the policy,
1 Teresa the appeaser.
2 Spreadsheet Phil. We’ll prepare for No Deal when we need to. Doh, great plan you dickhead.
3. Olly Robbins. A civil servant who has been TMs sidekick since the home office.

So rather than the usual remainer retort of “You leavers f*cked it up”, please tell me who has been running the negotiations and which side there were (are) on.

It’s not leavers changing their minds you see, it’s remainers trying to block everything.

As you want to make out you are this great, successful guy, you should be able to read, understand and answer the question. Hey, you can even call your mate (gopher) in whatever government department he runs errands for (assuming he’s not on the sandwich run).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Come on, let’s try this one more time. Concentrate really hard. I’m rooting for you - you really can answer this question.

Tell me, who on the Leave side has been actively involved in the negotiations with the EU?

David Davis was marginalised by TM telling the EU to deal with Olly Robbins, so you can’t say him.

1 Teresa the appeaser.
2 Spreadsheet Phil. We’ll prepare for No Deal when we need to. Doh, great plan you dickhead.
3. Olly Robbins. A civil servant who has been TMs sidekick since the home office.

So rather than the usual remainer retort of “You leavers f*cked it up”, please tell me who has been running the negotiations and which side there were (are) on.

It’s not leavers changing their minds you see, it’s remainers trying to block everything.

As you want to make out you are this great, successful guy, you should be able to read, understand and answer the question. Hey, you can even call your mate (gopher) in whatever government department he runs errands for (assuming he’s not on the sandwich run).

2.5 years ago you were told you could vote black or white.

You were told what would happen if you voted black.

You voted black and guess what, it happened.

I think we are all agreed we are up shit creek, but of course it's not your fault ???

It's probably those big boys over there that did it:facepalm:

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
No, he slunk off with his tail between his legs.

This is what I asked him. Let's see if you can answer the question without deflecting onto the usual "This is what you voted for" immature response.

1 Teresa the appeaser.

No vitriol from me but can I ask you how having three Brexiteers representing us in the negotiations would have helped persuade the EU to grant us the elusive deal somewhere between, excuse my shorthand, Norway and No Deal? I yield to few people in my derision of the current leadership but would Boris really have been more likely to have brought home the cake, having eaten it?

The real problem surely is that the snake oil is proving not to work.

larus

No vitriol from me but can I ask you how having three Brexiteers representing us in the negotiations would have helped persuade the EU to grant us the elusive deal somewhere between, excuse my shorthand, Norway and No Deal? I yield to few people in my derision of the current leadership but would Boris really have been more likely to have brought home the cake, having eaten it?

The real problem surely is that the snake oil is proving not to work.

The issue (IMO) is perception. If the EU don’t really think that we will walk away, then they think they have the upper hand as we are craving a deal. However, if they know that we are actively preparing for a No Deal (I’m not saying actively seeking it), then they realise that we are prepared to walk away.

For all her talk about “No deal is better than a bad deal” from TM, this is clearly not the case. She wants to thwart Brexit as much as possible. This is why there is a lot of anger from Brexit supporters over the ‘betrayal’ of the Remainers who are pretending to implement Brexit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The issue (IMO) is perception. If the EU don’t really think that we will walk away, then they think they have the upper hand as we are craving a deal. However, if they know that we are actively preparing for a No Deal (I’m not saying actively seeking it), then they realise that we are prepared to walk away.

For all her talk about “No deal is better than a bad deal” from TM, this is clearly not the case. She wants to thwart Brexit as much as possible. This is why there is a lot of anger from Brexit supporters over the ‘betrayal’ of the Remainers who are pretending to implement Brexit.

So when should we have started building the lorry parks at dover, the border in Northern Ireland and started the requirements definition for the systems 'ready for no deal'.

It's not a f***ing poker game. In international trade negotiations both sides have the facts in front of them. We both know exactly what the other side has available. I can't believe I'm having to explain this :facepalm:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
How the Brexiters played it.....

David Davis - "We will have a deal with the EU that is as good as we currently have or better. "

Liam Fox - "Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history"

Battle bus - "Let’s give our NHS the £350m the EU takes every week’.

Michael Gove -" Five million more migrants could enter Britain by 2030 if Turkey and four other applicant countries join the EU’.

George Eustice, - "The UK government will continue to give farmers and the environment as much support – or perhaps even more – as they get now.”

Vote Leave - “If we Vote Leave, we will be able to increase funding to science and still save billions”

Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, and Gisela Stuart - "Wages will be higher for working people outside the EU… because pay will no longer be undercut by uncontrolled migration.”

Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, and Priti Patel (amongst other signatories) - EU beneficiaries left worse-off. There is more than enough money to ensure that those who now get funding from the EU – including universities, scientists, family farmers, regional funds, cultural organisations and others – will continue to do so… We will continue to fund EU programmes in the UK until 2020”.

Chris Grayling - “We would immediately be able to start negotiating new trade deals… which could enter into force immediately after the UK leaves the EU."

Vote Leave - "There’ll be no damage to trade with the EU - there is a European free trade zone from Iceland to the Russian border and we will be part of it… Britain will have access to the Single Market after we vote leave"

Vote Leave - “It will be possible to negotiate a new settlement with the EU, including a UK-EU free trade deal, by the next general election in May 2020”

Michael Gove - “I wouldn’t set a time limit for it but the ambition would be to bring immigration down to tens of thousands.”

Dominic Raab - “There is one absolutely clear-cut dividend from leaving the EU. That is our ability to regain control of our borders, including far stronger powers over who we can deport, and proper preventative checks at the border.”

Michael Gove, Boris Johnson, Priti Patel and Gisela Stuart - "There will be no change to the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic and the union with Scotland will be stronger than ever."

unfortunately followed by...

Jacob Rees-Mogg - "We may not see the economic benefits for leaving the EU, for fifty years"

larus

So when should we have started building the lorry parks at dover, the border in Northern Ireland and started the requirements definition for the systems 'ready for no deal'.

It's not a f***ing poker game. In international trade negotiations both sides have the facts in front of them. We both know exactly what the other side has available. I can't believe I'm having to explain this :facepalm:

Tell you what, when you want to answer questions put to you, then I’ll try to explain to you. Until then, it’s pointless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here