Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
People underestimate how many nations we have pissed off over the centuries that would love to see us fall flat on our arses. It's utter madness to isolate ourselves. Madness.
Completely.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's quite simple, look at the circle next to the name of the poster - If it's green they are online, if it's white they're not. That's how I could tell that you were around for 30 minutes after I replied to you yesterday, probably trying to create a jpeg to answer before you ran away.

As you know, I'm no supporter of 2 Profs - he's the leaver equivilent of your Plooks BUT you've very much over simplified the green circle. It just shows someone is logged on NOT actually viewing NSC. My light will show me logged on 24 hours a day as I have a laptop always logged on and I'm always logged on via my phone. That doesn't mean I'm actually reading or replying to posts.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The ones that had arguments that at least sounded plausible have seen their hopes dashed and have melted away.

My hopes haven't been dashed - I still believe we will leave ..... and not under the Chequers plan or the Norway model. Most leavers have left this thread for remainers to moan amoungst themselves while they cream themselves and each other at how clever they think they are.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
As you know, I'm no supporter of 2 Profs - he's the leaver equivilent of your Plooks BUT you've very much over simplified the green circle. It just shows someone is logged on NOT actually viewing NSC. My light will show me logged on 24 hours a day as I have a laptop always logged on and I'm always logged on via my phone. That doesn't mean I'm actually reading or replying to posts.

I think Bozza has said, in the past, if someone is inactive after 20 mins, it shows they're not logged in.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The Electoral Commission has just sent out this press release.

A number of companies and individuals have been referred to the National Crime Agency for suspected criminal offences committed during the EU referendum.

Following its investigation into funding for the 2016 EU referendum, the Electoral Commission has referred: Better for the Country, the organisation that ran the Leave.EU referendum campaign; Arron Banks; Leave.EU; Elizabeth Bilney; and other associated companies and individuals. The National Crime Agency has now launched a criminal investigation.

The investigation focused on £2m reported to have been loaned to Better for the Country by Arron Banks and his group of insurance companies and a further £6m reported to have been given to the organisation, on behalf of Leave.EU, by Arron Banks alone.

£2.9m of this money was used to fund referendum spending on behalf of Leave.EU and donations to other campaign groups during the EU referendum.

Following its investigation, the Commission has reasonable grounds to suspect that:

- Mr Banks was not the true source of the £8m loans made to Better for the Country.

- Loans to Better for the Country, on behalf of Leave.EU, involved a non-qualifying or impermissible company – Rock Holdings Limited, which is incorporated in the Isle of Man.

- Arron Banks, Elizabeth Bilney and others involved in Better for the Country, Leave.EU and associated companies concealed the true details of these financial transactions.

- A number of criminal offences may have been committed.

Due to multiple suspected offences, some of which fall outside the Commission’s remit, the Commission has referred this matter and handed its evidence to the National Crime Agency.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

I have over simplified the green circle, but remember I am trying to explain it to a person who thinks that posting links is dangerous :smile:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
My hopes haven't been dashed - I still believe we will leave ..... and not under the Chequers plan or the Norway model. Most leavers have left this thread for remainers to moan amoungst themselves while they cream themselves and each other at how clever they think they are.

I am genuinely stunned by that as I can't see any movement towards anything but the softest of soft Brexits, probably in a CU. And that's when and if we actually do leave (I think we are due a few more years of fudging yet).

Where or who do you think this new solution could come from ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Not quite. I've left primarily because people like you don't see fit to explain yourselves whenever you make what appear to be stupid comments. This only happened in your case once, where you you clearly thought you were above all that explaining nonsense, which disappointed me because before then I had you down as being in the minority of pro-Brexit people who actually used their brains...

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
I am genuinely stunned by that as I can't see any movement towards anything but the softest of soft Brexits, probably in a CU. And that's when and if we actually do leave (I think we are due a few more years of fudging yet).

Where or who do you think this new solution could come from ?

I don't think there will be a new solution - I think it will be no deal. Yes, allegedly 95% is done but as yet the UK government, the Irish government, the EU nor the NI political parties have come up with a plan for the Irish border that every party will agree to. I think that will scupper the '95%' completed so far.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I wonder how many people who have shouted about respecting democracy since the referendum will suddenly forget this view IF it is proven that criminal behaviour happened in the vote. Actually, I suspect the line will be “it made no difference”

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Not quite. I've left primarily because people like you don't see fit to explain yourselves whenever you make what appear to be stupid comments. This only happened in your case once, where you you clearly thought you were above all that explaining nonsense, which disappointed me because before then I had you down as being in the minority of pro-Brexit people who actually used their brains...

Surely everyone is allowed the odd bit of stupidity ? I'm sure if I could be bothered I could find a stupid post from you somewhere :p

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I wonder how many people who have shouted about respecting democracy since the referendum will suddenly forget this view IF it is proven that criminal behaviour happened in the vote. Actually, I suspect the line will be “it made no difference”

The National Crime Agency don't just investigate criminal activity, its speciality is organised crime. I don't think parliament can overlook it, at least I would hope so, but then it depends who he tries to drag down with him.
The whole thing is corrupt. All credit to Carole Cadwalladr who has been tenacious in collecting evidence.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I don't think there will be a new solution - I think it will be no deal. Yes, allegedly 95% is done but as yet the UK government, the Irish government, the EU nor the NI political parties have come up with a plan for the Irish border that every party will agree to. I think that will scupper the '95%' completed so far.

Not sure what will happen, but that most definitely won't :smile:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

So what will it be, Canada Plus an Irish civil war?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This is the letter Arron Banks wrote to Chairman of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee Damian Collins' Folkestone constituents last week:

22 October 2018

Dear Voter,

Your Conservative MP Damian Collins is a disgrace.

Despite representing a constituency that voted 62-38 in favour of Brexit, Mr Collins, who voted Remain, has never respected the result. He is a snake in the grass.

Over the summer he shared a platform at the Left-wing Momentum-style Byline Festival with Guardian journalists. The event was sponsored by CAGE, a group with dubious links to Islamic groups. Some MP! Some Conservative!

Mr Collins also chairs the parliamentary select committee on Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. Every member of this committee voted to Remain and – surprise surprise – during its recent inquiry into ‘fake news’ not a single person who backed Remain was called to give evidence. Mr Collins used his position to launch a pathetic witch-hunt against Brexit.

I was called to give evidence to this inquiry. I spent three-and-a-half hours defending my reputation while some very low grade MPs took pot shots at me. As a famous American General once said: “Politicians are the lowest form of life!”

Of course, the irony is that the Remain side pumped out plenty of fake news during the referendum campaign via Project Fear. We were warned that if we voted to leave the EU there would have to be an emergency Treasury budget; everyone was told they would be £4,300 worse off; and it was claimed 500,000 jobs would be lost. Talk about misinformation.

It’s clear Damian Collins would betray the democratic instructions of his own constituents if he had the chance, which is why I encourage you to put his position into question by joining the Conservatives and applying pressure from within the party. It takes moments to join online by visiting www.conservatives.com/join.

It is also likely that a Conservative Party leadership contest will be held in the next three to six months. New members are eligible to vote after just three months. Joining the party would therefore put you in a position to choose the next Prime Minister, and the future of the country.

The Conservative Party needs to change radically. I would urge you to join up and make your voice heard.

It’s time to make the Conservatives Conservative again.

Yours faithfully,

Arron Banks, Leave.EU Chairman**

What a ****.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This is the letter Arron Banks wrote to Chairman of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee Damian Collins' Folkestone constituents last week:

What a ****.

It makes the breaking announcement from the NCA all the more sweet. He really thought he was above the law.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here