View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
572. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

403 70.45%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

169 29.55%

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Especially as Northern Ireland is going back to direct rule now too.
    May's visit to Belfast went well then, maybe she will send Boris to Belfast to make a speech next time

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      Especially as Northern Ireland is going back to direct rule now too.

Tories: ripping the nation apart. What a total mess they’re making of everything.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      I'll give you a positive once we LEAVE ( it's rather pointless suggesting a positive before then as nothing has actually changed - i.e. we're still in the EU ).

Animal welfare - for example, we'll be able to ban the import of Foie Gras once out of the EU. We can't do that at the moment. Or indeed live animal exports / imports.
      Mean while in the real world the independent reported

"The eurozone posted strong industrial production figures for December, while growth data confirmed that the bloc’s economy enjoyed its fastest growth rate in a decade last year – in sharp contrast to the situation in the UK.

The 19 countries which share the euro saw industrial production expand by 0.4 per cent in December from the previous month, taking the year-on-year gain to 5.2 per cent.

Economists polled by Reuters prior to the release of the new data had pencilled in a 0.2 per cent monthly gain and a 4.2 per cent annual increase."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      As his grandson has already said, he didn't think the great man would have voted for Brexit. He saw what the world was like before a United Europe
      Its probably best to quote what his grandson actually concluded with rather than leave that out.
      “How can I possibly tell? How can anyone tell? So I think we have to say it’s one of the great unknowns. What do you think Henry VIII would have thought of it?”.

Quote Originally Posted by DTES View Post
      "We must build a United States of Europe" - words of Winston Churchill himself. The full speech is here if anyone's got a lot of time on their hands this afternoon: http://www.churchill-society-london..../astonish.html

On the basis of this speech, I'd say it's almost certain that Sir Winston would have been a Remainer.
      Well yes, but he was clealy talking in that speech about mainland Europe and a USE run by France and Germany, and we will be mates on the outside.
      Pretty much what is being proposed all those years later today.

“In all this urgent work, France and Germany must take the lead together. Great Britain, the British Commonwealth of Nations, mighty America, and I trust Soviet Russia - for then indeed all would be well - must be the friends and sponsors of the new Europe and must champion its right to live and shine.”

And if you wanted further clarification from Churchill.

"We see nothing but good and hope in a richer, freer, more contented European commonalty. But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed. And should European statesmen address us in the words which were used of old, 'Wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or the captain of the host?', we should reply, with the Shunammite woman: 'I dwell among mine own people."

Remainers are obsessed with Churchill and get themselves in a right muddle over it.
      He died before we joined the EEC and clearly wasn’t around to see membership morph into a wholly different body The EU, the version of Europe which we voted on in 2016. It reeks rather of desperation more than anything else to link Churchill to putting a tick in the remain box, when clearly its impossible to say how a dead man would vote on an economic and political institution that hadn’t even arisen in his lifetime.

Robin Hood of course would have been a Leaver as would Boudicca, Shackleton, Shakespeare,Nelson,and Charlie Darwin .......Cromwell and Guy Fawkes probably remainers though.(cough)
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
      Mean while in the real world the independent reported

"The eurozone posted strong industrial production figures for December, while growth data confirmed that the bloc’s economy enjoyed its fastest growth rate in a decade last year – in sharp contrast to the situation in the UK.

The 19 countries which share the euro saw industrial production expand by 0.4 per cent in December from the previous month, taking the year-on-year gain to 5.2 per cent.

Economists polled by Reuters prior to the release of the new data had pencilled in a 0.2 per cent monthly gain and a 4.2 per cent annual increase."
      Fortuitous for the Brexiteers us that our biggest and closest trading partner in doing well, it allow them to pedal the lie all in rosy in the garden with growth better than expected
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated 2018
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      Its probably best to quote what his grandson actually concluded with rather than leave that out.
      “How can I possibly tell? How can anyone tell? So I think we have to say it’s one of the great unknowns. What do you think Henry VIII would have thought of it?”.
      Henry VIII would certainly approve the way the Tories have been carrying on of late. Abuse of power and all that
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated 2018
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      Henry VIII would certainly approve the way the Tories have been carrying on of late. Abuse of power and all that
      Of all the decent evidence in that post challenging your assertion in post #43957, you chose to pick that little throw away line to quote and challenge. Desperate indeed.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      Otzi, the Swiss ice mummy would have been appalled by the idea of barriers to migration and trade in the central European area.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      It does seem that the longer this goes on and the clearer the situation is becoming (even for those with no foresight), the more desperate the hard line Brexit supporters are getting.

With the numbers moving towards to the 'off the cliff' scenario, maybe you should have had @Pretty pink fairy leading the Brexit negotiations all along
      no need chap , we're leaving the EU and the more desperate the Grizzlers become, let's face it the media seem to want to push the grizzle agenda to some how convince others that they're in the majority
      regards
      DR

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Tories: ripping the nation apart. What a total mess they’re making of everything.
      Brexiteers ripping apart a nation, but didn’t realise the consequences of their vote. But the Tories hugely to blame, party torn in half and dong their best to help the nation do the same.